Spot lights override not working

Gotbeer

Tremoraholic
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 F350 XLT Tremor
Anyone else install the Mirror spot speed override harness and now the lights are not working? These did work when I installed them and I did use them a few times. I have had them about 2 months now. Went to turn them on the other night and nothing. Lights are good, as they do come on when the doors are open just nothing with the switches. The switch LED's are working as well.. I did unplug and reinstall but no fix. I did email Limitless Auto works and waiting for a reply.

Do they work under 5mph if you take the harness out? And you said they come on when the doors are open? Unless I am missing it, only the puddle lamps on my rig come on when the doors are opened.

I didn't use the harness, but instead just snipped the wire that supplied power under 5mph from the module under the dash and tapped it into the constant hot for the module and now I can turn mine on whenever I want.

Erik

Only the spotlights on the front of the mirrors turn on with the buttons not the puddle lights on the bottom of the mirrors. When you hit the buttons does a light turn on in the front turn signal on the mirror?

Bummer! Not something I want to hear. I have had mine a couple weeks now and no problems. I have used mine several times since installing. I hope you figure it out and it’s a simple fix or replacement.

My bad guys. I didn't realize the spots were not the same as the puddle lights. So to be clear the spots still do not work at any speed, parked, or vehicle on or off. I clarified my question with limitless as well and waiting on another reply as he stated the same thing the the puddle lights were not the same lights.

Could you have possibly left them on by accident and the bulbs burnt out??

So I reinstalled the old plug and they worked. I then reinstalled the override plug and now they work as well. Kind of weird.

So I reinstalled the old plug and they worked. I then reinstalled the override plug and now they work as well. Kind of weird.
🤔 Soooo....that's weird. Maybe it was not seated all the way initially?

🤔 Soooo....that's weird. Maybe it was not seated all the way initially?
Well I made sure it was seated correctly and actually pulled it off and plugged it back in and still nothing. So I'm not sure if the original harness reset something when I plugged it or not.

Well I made sure it was seated correctly and actually pulled it off and plugged it back in and still nothing. So I'm not sure if the original harness reset something when I plugged it or not.
Weird!

Check the pins in the limitless harness to see if they are fully seated. That would be my only guess why they work intermittently. Did limitless offer to send you a replacement harness?

I've got the same Limitless light harnesses for several weeks now and haven't had this issue. But I will go test more often now. Wonder if something in the truck is sensing they're coming on when they're not supposed to be allowed to and thus shutting down the circuit?

Back