Sport Package "Look"

I do not have push start button. Is this what you mean?

Got my wife's phone with fordpass as well with my account details. She can also be signed in at the same time and unlock/lock doors, Start/Stop the truck.
Driftwoodsvt said that with his remote start(but no push button start) he can drive his truck with key in the pocket. He has a lariat. You are saying with your remote start xlt you can’t drive the truck with your key in the your pocket.

I’m asking what’s the difference?

Driftwoodsvt said that with his remote start(but no push button start) he can drive his truck with key in the pocket. He has a lariat. You are saying with your remote start xlt you can’t drive the truck with your key in the your pocket.

I’m asking what’s the difference?
Correct, I have remote start, not keyless entry.
IMG_20200618_1635576.jpg

My fob has a button that pops out the literal key I use to put into the steering column.

Correct, I have remote start, not keyless entry.
View attachment 2434

My fob has a button that pops out the literal key I use to put into the steering column.
Why do you need keyless entry to drive with the key you pocket?
Once the engine is running with remote start it should allow one to drive with the key in your pocket...

Lariat base with just the sport package as stated on the Ford.com website is a $3725 increase or $63555 with nothing else. It includes painted bumpers, led fog(small ones like the platinum has), spray in liner, and blackout paint on the chrome.
If you get the XLT Premium pack that adds chrome mirrors and chrome door handles in which case you would be going backwards.

LED lights is a $1k
Spray in liner is $600 or so.
The rest is paint and the look youre after.

The problem is you can not simply tape and paint, it would look like crap. So everything you paint has to come off then get put back on, and each time you do that you risk something breaking or a nick in the paint. I would wager a professional job would be $1.5-2k for paint and labor.
Its about $4k in CA to get a full professional expel wrap.

To me saving a thousand or so is not worth the hassle or the loss resale(you're not selling a lariat sport package). You would have to decide sport or cloth xlt.

For me I would love the Lariat LED push button start, one touch door entry. But all that and the 360 camera would be over $6k difference in a budget Im already pushing.

Thanks for the input. I like the look of the blackout and LEDs but don't really want to splurge the extra $$. To move up from XLT to Lariat Sport, it is pricing in about $10k more on the Ford website. I think I will just order the truck and if later down the line, I want the blackout look, then I will have it done aftermarket. A chrome XLT truck is still better than no truck, while I wait to save up the extra 10k!

I thought it came that way. I ordered my Lariat and don't recall adding anything special for push button start.
I believe that is part of the lariat ultimate package. As a matter of fact, I'm about 99% certain of that fact. I do not have the ultimate package, and I have a key.

Why do you need keyless entry to drive with the key you pocket?
Once the engine is running with remote start it should allow one to drive with the key in your pocket...

You're preaching to the choir... something to complain to Ford about? When the salesperson showed me I could remote start and use the app I was like awesome, but then when I got it I could do nothing without putting the key in and turning it. I'm just telling you how it is.

Last edited:
You're preaching to the choir... something to complain to Ford about? When the salesperson showed me I could remote start and use the app I was like awesome, but then when I got it I could do nothing without putting the key in and turning it. I'm just telling you how it is.
I dont understand. Are you saying you can turn it on from the outside but once you get in, the motor stops? Or will it not allow you to engage drive without the key in the ignition?
And why would it allow the lariat to truck to drive without the key in the ignition without the push start?
Ill start new thread....

I dont understand. Are you saying you can turn it on from the outside but once you get in, the motor stops? Or will it not allow you to engage drive without the key in the ignition?
And why would it allow the lariat to truck to drive without the key in the ignition without the push start?
Ill start new thread....
Correct, I am unable to drive or anything without the key inserted into the ignition and turned to the "ON" position.

I also have a 2016 focus ST that has keyless entry and a push button start. This truck has the old fashioned key in ignition, despite not having keyless entry yet remot start capability. Like I said, I do have remote start capability via the key fob and fordpass.

Whoever stated that there Lariat without the push button start drives without the key in the ignition must be mistaken. My 2015 Lariat had keyless entry, so I did not have to put my key into the door. It also had factory remote start, but you could not put the truck into gear until you put the key in the ignition (did not turn motor off my entering) and turn to the on position. The truck would then come alive. like you just started it. Richtor, I agree with you, I wish you could order options more separately then in packages. There must be a reason why you can't (more profits).

Whoever stated that there Lariat without the push button start drives without the key in the ignition must be mistaken. My 2015 Lariat had keyless entry, so I did not have to put my key into the door. It also had factory remote start, but you could not put the truck into gear until you put the key in the ignition (did not turn motor off my entering) and turn to the on position. The truck would then come alive. like you just started it. Richtor, I agree with you, I wish you could order options more separately then in packages. There must be a reason why you can't (more profits).
Or it could have been miscommunication.

More profits or driving buyers to other manufacturers unfortunately resulting in less profits. Q2 will be painful. It’s really a silly decision of Fords part.

I ordered my Lariat sport thinking it came with push button start. It didn't.
must be the ultimate package????? I compared the Platinum to Limited to Lariat and checked the boxes drove my salesman nuts Would have went Plat but did not have the color I wanted in Platinum.
Pretty much sucks because of the price it should be included.

There's some confusion. I have both Remote Start and Push Button Start. I can start the truck using the Ford Pass application on my phone, and never take the key out of my pocket.

I have a Lariat, with Ultimate and Sport packages.

So apparently some lariat trim levels have push button start with remote keyless entry and no need for a real physical key, and some lariat trim levels require a physical key in the column...like others have said, profits. Gotta pay to play.

must be the ultimate package????? I compared the Platinum to Limited to Lariat and checked the boxes drove my salesman nuts Would have went Plat but did not have the color I wanted in Platinum.
Pretty much sucks because of the price it should be included.
I agree, I screwed up when i ordered and assumed at lariat trim level it would be included.

There's some confusion. I have both Remote Start and Push Button Start. I can start the truck using the Ford Pass application on my phone, and never take the key out of my pocket.

I have a Lariat, with Ultimate and Sport packages.
You have the ultimate too. It all makes sense now.

You did not get the ultimate tow with 360 camera did you?
Truck I’m thinking about changing the order too:
F73526C4-BFA4-4074-93C3-A7EF75E3681D.png

I did not get any towing package or the 360 camera

Like the OP, I debated ordering the Sport package. Decided against it. Bought a really nice mountain bike with that $4k. Everyone's priorities are different.

I have the magnetic grey. The chrome bumpers don't bug me that much, but the side badges are bright AF. I'm going to plasti-dip them. I'm still thinking about wrapping the bumpers, maybe in the fall. Too much going on right now, its just not high on the priority list for me.

I got the bed Line-x'd. I watched a couple videos about stock liner and decided I would rather have a local shop do it. Very happy with the results.

The Sport package looks really good. If I had money to burn I'd get it and be done with it. But I have time to tinker and its not as important to me.

One package I HIGHLY recommend is the rain-sensing wipers. It includes a heated steering wheel. I live in the Pacific Northwest. Its cold and rains a lot. Best $160 I spent on this build.

Like the OP, I debated ordering the Sport package. Decided against it. Bought a really nice mountain bike with that $4k. Everyone's priorities are different.

I have the magnetic grey. The chrome bumpers don't bug me that much, but the side badges are bright AF. I'm going to plasti-dip them. I'm still thinking about wrapping the bumpers, maybe in the fall. Too much going on right now, its just not high on the priority list for me.

I got the bed Line-x'd. I watched a couple videos about stock liner and decided I would rather have a local shop do it. Very happy with the results.

The Sport package looks really good. If I had money to burn I'd get it and be done with it. But I have time to tinker and its not as important to me.

One package I HIGHLY recommend is the rain-sensing wipers. It includes a heated steering wheel. I live in the Pacific Northwest. Its cold and rains a lot. Best $160 I spent on this build.
You got lariat. I did not see wipers on the xlt build site.

Back