Sport Package "Look"

ThunderTruck

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Does anyone know what is involved (ie parts and cost) to get a similar sport package look? I don't want the lariat trim and I can't imagine it would cost $4k for some blacked-out emblems and grill. I really like the look, but can't justify paying the $4k (unless that is actually what it would cost aftermarket). Has anyone gone down this road with an XLT?

Lariat base with just the sport package as stated on the Ford.com website is a $3725 increase or $63555 with nothing else. It includes painted bumpers, led fog(small ones like the platinum has), spray in liner, and blackout paint on the chrome.
If you get the XLT Premium pack that adds chrome mirrors and chrome door handles in which case you would be going backwards.

LED lights is a $1k
Spray in liner is $600 or so.
The rest is paint and the look youre after.

The problem is you can not simply tape and paint, it would look like crap. So everything you paint has to come off then get put back on, and each time you do that you risk something breaking or a nick in the paint. I would wager a professional job would be $1.5-2k for paint and labor.
Its about $4k in CA to get a full professional expel wrap.

To me saving a thousand or so is not worth the hassle or the loss resale(you're not selling a lariat sport package). You would have to decide sport or cloth xlt.

For me I would love the Lariat LED push button start, one touch door entry. But all that and the 360 camera would be over $6k difference in a budget Im already pushing.

What is your reason for not wanting the Lariat trim? Price?
if price then get the XLT and have it wrapped You can always remove the wrap and its chrome again. Or if you are going to swap out wheels you could skip the Tremor package all together, add a 4 inch Carli lift and custom wheels and tires.

I love the added features of the Lariat as mentioned above The Push button start, LEDs, and 360 camera ( when it works). The spray in liner is best I have seen. There is probably more features.

Pretty interesting all the different ways you can set these up right from the factory.

What is your reason for not wanting the Lariat trim? Price?
if price then get the XLT and have it wrapped You can always remove the wrap and its chrome again. Or if you are going to swap out wheels you could skip the Tremor package all together, add a 4 inch Carli lift and custom wheels and tires.

I love the added features of the Lariat as mentioned above The Push button start, LEDs, and 360 camera ( when it works). The spray in liner is best I have seen. There is probably more features.

Pretty interesting all the different ways you can set these up right from the factory.
I ordered my Lariat sport thinking it came with push button start. It didn't.

I looked at stock LED headlights that you guys with the lariat already have and it's about 3700$. It's too bad they didn't have a lariat and 7.3 as I probably would've gotten that over the XLT value I opted for.

If all you care about is looks might be worth it to just get XLT and do it yourself, depends upon your budget and how much you can do yourself.

What does one need to order to get push button start on the lariat?
I thought it came that way. I ordered my Lariat and don't recall adding anything special for push button start.

I thought it came that way. I ordered my Lariat and don't recall adding anything special for push button start.

Me too.

You would have needed to add the Lariat Ultimate Package. Push button is not standard in the Lariat trim without it.

Makes sense then.

In my xlt I’m just planning on entering and starting the truck through my phone. I was told this is possible while keeping the key in your pocket.

Is the remote start tied to the keyless start?

Is the remote start tied to the keyless start?
I would imagine that your key does not have to be in the vehicle to remote start. Nick said the remote start on the app would work even if you don’t have remote start on your key fob. You tell me, you have truck...haha

Well I have both (remote start and keyless)! So I wasn't sure if they were a package deal :)

Well I have both (remote start and keyless)! So I wasn't sure if they were a package deal :)
So you can start and drive your truck with your key in your pocket?

I got remote because it was $250 only and resale.

So you can start and drive your truck with your key in your pocket?

I got remote because it was $250 only and resale.

Yes. No key necessary. It's always in my pocket.

I would imagine that your key does not have to be in the vehicle to remote start. Nick said the remote start on the app would work even if you don’t have remote start on your key fob. You tell me, you have truck...haha
I have started the truck with fordpass. I have remote start on my XLT. Need the key in the ignition to drive the truck though.

I have started the truck with fordpass. I have remote start on my XLT. Need the key in the ignition to drive the truck though.
Why is it different from the lariat to xlt? I don’t understand?

Why is it different from the lariat to xlt? I don’t understand?
I do not have push start button. Is this what you mean?

Got my wife's phone with fordpass as well with my account details. She can also be signed in at the same time and unlock/lock doors, Start/Stop the truck.

Back