Split Bench vs Console?

abqbw

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
I’m trying to decide if I want to order a split bench or console front seat. Does anyone have an opinion or preference? I kind of like a large console but could see the split bench being more roomy, comfortable, and easier access to things on the passenger seat/floor. Not to mention an extra passenger seat.

I’m very close to ordering an F350 7.3L, ultimate tremor. The front seat configuration is the last thing I need to decide about.

Do you need the additional seat? If not I would not order it. The seats are plenty roomy anyway and reaching something on the passenger floor unless your arms are really long is going to be hard to do anyways.

If I could, I'd get the console. Like abill said, if you don't need the additional seat, there's really no point unless you are tech averse and maybe you don't want to pay more for stuff you won't use.

If I could, I'd get the console. Like abill said, if you don't need the additional seat, there's really no point unless you are tech averse and maybe you don't want to pay more for stuff you won't use.
I think the bench or console cost the same with a Lariat ultimate. Console is standard...

I opted for the split bench. My last 4 vehicles have had the council and although roomy they seem to have a tendency to just collect junk I don’t need to store in the truck. Way more room than actually needed for me so storage in the flip seat is more than ample. On earlier trucks with the flip seat I liked having the seat spot to set my rifle for easy access incase I need to bail out quickly during hunting season.

One thing to note is without the council you will loose the extra vents in the council for the rear passengers. There is still lower vents under each driver and passenger seat but need to use floor vent options on climate controls to get hot/cold air back there. You also loose the AC power port for the back seat. For me the losses didn’t out weight the advantage of a extra seat especially since driver and passenger seat are the same regardless of what center option is picked.

1 more thing that may/may not be an issue. Resale may/maynot be affected. With the higher trim levels the console is generally expected by a potential buyer

I got the console this time and all my other trucks were bench seat- I will definitely never get a bench again. I carry a lot of crap for work/ play and the console has plenty of room for all of it. Also the bench to me just looks cheap and ugly as sin which is probably petty but when paying $70k plus or whatever for a truck I want it to look good and I really like the look and functionality of the console.

Some pics if youve not seen the bench seat config.
IMG_20200606_1723476.jpg

It has some storage beneath the seat and is lockable.
IMG_20200606_1723572.jpg

IMG_20200602_1204072.jpg

IMG_20200605_1709127.jpg

This also has been a issue for me to figure out. I was going to get the bench for the lil one to sit next to me. But after reading @2020Tremor wrote and that id lose: One thing to note is without the council you will loose the extra vents in the council for the rear passengers. There is still lower vents under each driver and passenger seat but need to use floor vent options on climate controls to get hot/cold air back there. You also loose the AC power port for the back seat.

That swayed my back to going to get the console over the bench. Thank you for pointing that out.

I talked my brother into getting a bench seat, then ordered a console for myself. lol. The great debate. I believe in the storage up front now. Especially since it's nearly impossible to sit comfortably with a phone in your pocket.

(full disclosure his was an f150, and I do believe the console on f150s are wasted due to the floor shifter).

I went with a bench seat, there has been to many times that it came in handy. We're only a family of 4 but if we bring the parents or inlaws along we'll need that extra space.

Yes I do wish that I had rear seating vents and the addition power options but I got all that upfront for me so I'm covered lol.

I’ve still got an f150 lariat as I haven’t committed to the tremor yet; but have been thru the same debate. I think it’s a personal lifestyle call. I’ve got three kids and we use the front bench a lot for the +1’s we end up bringing with us. It still has enough storage for my needs, plus 6 cup holders in reach, and I can throw the in-law, kids friend , etc in there in a pinch. So a win win in my book. If i were in a different spot in life the center console is more organized stylish and luxurious. Just my $0.02.

I really wanted the extra seat up front because it seems like when we go out there is always 6 and we have to take two vehicles. The killer for me is losing the vents/usb ports and the 2 cup holders! I can't tell you how awesome those 2 cup holders are in the console. My ram has the cup holders on the floor and drinks ALWAYS seem to get knocked over.

I went with bench over console to have extra seat and a little nostalgia

I think console fits the truck functionally better but there is storage available under the seat as others pointed out

I don’t miss wireless charging pad.
There are the two rear cup holders that fold out.
Power up front too

I swapped the cup holder on the back of the bench seat for one from older f150 as the holder for the phone is bigger and can actually hold my iphone
1594779702450.jpeg

Bench seat not for a tall person but the extra seat is much appreciated with 2 car seats in the back.

i could go either way if I ordered the truck again But I’m happy with the bench seqt

I prefer the console. I added the gun safe. Since we are back to the gym I can have my pre work out drink and protein shake in the cup holders and my work out partner can have hers in the others. I can lock my pistol and ammo in the safe so I don't have to worry about bringing it into the gym.

Now....... if I had a hot girl friend who liked to sit next by me, I would get the bench.

Back