Split Bench vs Console?

I'm just starting to look and this is also on my mind. My current 2001 F-150 has a console, but it stops even with the front seats. Whenever my wife come with me the transmission hump is the place for her purse. The bench seat gives me that, but I like the console for stuff I carry. I'm also a Ham, so have the radio mounted over the transmission hump. I'd like it if the console was the same as my current truck and I still had the transmission hump free for both her purse and the radio.

I had a bench in my ram and really liked the 6th seat. I have a console in the tremor and it does look much nicer but has forced me to take the suv or a 2nd car on occasion. Overall the console is much more useful 95% of the time for my family of 4.

I ve choosen the bench - b/c i have own 4 Kids to transport - I liked the KingRanch most - but the lariat is the highest trim with bench available - so i had to downgrade the trim.
But nevertheless it looks good with the black leather and its useful (for kids up to 10yrs - for adults the transmission tunnel is a little bit high- or just short rides)
IMG_7133.jpg

I ve choosen the bench - b/c i have own 4 Kids to transport - I liked the KingRanch most - but the lariat is the highest trim with bench available - so i had to downgrade the trim.
But nevertheless it looks good with the black leather and its useful (for kids up to 10yrs - for adults the transmission tunnel is a little bit high- or just short rides)
View attachment 8958
Cool, I hadn't seen it with leather and the bench! Nice! Looks comfy!

I also went with the bench. I have the counsel in my 19’ currently and it’s great but for my purpose the bench makes sense. Also the USB ports seem to be more accessible

I prefer the console. I added the gun safe. Since we are back to the gym I can have my pre work out drink and protein shake in the cup holders and my work out partner can have hers in the others. I can lock my pistol and ammo in the safe so I don't have to worry about bringing it into the gym.

Now....... if I had a hot girl friend who liked to sit next by me, I would get the bench.
God we think alike....... The console is huge and it is comfortable. It is the size of a 12 pack almost......but if I wanted to constantly rub up against my hot Girlfriends huge t@[email protected]'d opt for the bench!

Personally I want the counsel but I have four kids so bench was a must for me. Not a huge deal. Still lots of storage and it looks great. They are hard to find - looked for a fully loaded option for nearly a year and ended up having to order to get what I wanted.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    289.8 KB · Views: 128
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    299 KB · Views: 121
Console. Personally hate the look of that headrest hanging out on the bench seat set up.

Console. Personally hate the look of that headrest hanging out on the bench seat set up.
I have an f150 with the bench and the headrest was removed before I left the dealer. I will have to find it before my Tremor comes in. It definitely looks bad. I also have really hated the bench. I have never needed it in 5 years of having it and it never fails that I always need something out of the bottom storage bin and have to take cuos and my phone out and then whatever is in the top console thing gets jostled. Its just a hassle in my experience.

I do like that I can just tuck a pistol under it and it rides nice but is easy to grab.

I prefer the look and utility of the console, but I have 5 kids, so the bench makes more sense for me. I did some research and decided it is not that hard to swap them out, so I ordered the truck with the console. I plan to swap to a bench seat, but do it so it is reversible. I'll make sure to post pics on here if I go through with it.

Latest Discussions

Back