Sound questions?

Nyvall

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 Ford F-250 Powerstroke Lariat Sport Ultimate Tremor
Current Ride #2
1997 Ford F-250 Powerstroke CCSB
Is this normal? I don’t remember it being this loud when I first got it. Once it’s warm seems like it louder.

Sounds like the diesel typewriter tick, which is normal. Did you recently change the oil?

Is this normal? I don’t remember it being this loud when I first got it. Once it’s warm seems like it louder.
View attachment 24688
Mine was making the same sound I was part of the torque converter recall not as loud now dealer told me something about bolts backing out on the torque converter I still have a slight tick but not as loud you probably need to change your torque converter out The Ford dealer knew exactly what it was but had to wait about two weeks for a new torque converter

Interesting. I also have the same sound in mine every so often and also assumed it was normal. This is my first diesel so I guess I didnt really know any better. Please do let us know if you find anything out.

Perfectly normal, will get quieter after putting some miles on it. Expect it to happen after each oil change (especially idling in park) My 2015 6.7l did this the entire time I owned it after each oil change (Dodge and Chevy also do it). Usually last about a 1,000 miles. You should notice it getting quieter the more miles you put on it. I have only changed the oil in my Tremor once and I can't recall if it did it.

Back