JC_Tremor

Toasty
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Military
USN
Current Ride
Focus ST
Been lurking this forum for the last week or so but here's how I came to be here. My wife and I had been looking for a pickup that we'll own for at least a decade; something that would cover any need and something reliable. Not sure how I stumbled upon the new F250 Tremor but glad I did. It's quite a big truck and will take me some time to get used to it (my daily commuter is a Focus ST). Had previously test drove a 2015 GMC 2500 Denali 6.0, was really slow had some rust but not too bad. Wasn't very impressed with the performance other than the brakes. On the other hand this 7.3 is quite the torquey motor, very impressive. I had a 1999 Viper RT-10 and this truck reminds me of the torque it had. Huge interior, plenty of space, everywhere.

I purchased in Corpus Christi, TX at Autonation Ford yesterday, sticker was practically $56K. They had two and I'd been eyeing this one. The other was a black Lariat diesel ($67K I believe), very nice. Someone was also there test driving it, so it may have sold. Despite my purchase being an XLT without leather and some extra doodads and gizmos, I'm really happy with it considering the price. Dealer had tint, rear bedliner coating done, and I got some weathertech mats. Highly considering an undercoating as I live near the coast; beach crawling should be easy. Going to trek to Colorado in July with this truck, should prove fun and interesting. I'll be able to haul everything I need and then some.

Thank you all in this forum for the information and your personal experiences.

IMG_20200601_140406_01.jpg
IMG_20200601_152356_01.jpg
IMG_20200602_1124026.jpg

Been lurking this forum for the last week or so but here's how I came to be here. My wife and I had been looking for a pickup that we'll own for at least a decade; something that would cover any need and something reliable. Not sure how I stumbled upon the new F250 Tremor but glad I did. It's quite a big truck and will take me some time to get used to it (my daily commuter is a Focus ST). Had previously test drove a 2015 GMC 2500 Denali 6.0, was really slow had some rust but not too bad. Wasn't very impressed with the performance other than the brakes. On the other hand this 7.3 is quite the torquey motor, very impressive. I had a 1999 Viper RT-10 and this truck reminds me of the torque it had. Huge interior, plenty of space, everywhere.

I purchased in Corpus Christi, TX at Autonation Ford yesterday, sticker was practically $56K. They had two and I'd been eyeing this one. The other was a black Lariat diesel ($67K I believe), very nice. Someone was also there test driving it, so it may have sold. Despite my purchase being an XLT without leather and some extra doodads and gizmos, I'm really happy with it considering the price. Dealer had tint, rear bedliner coating done, and I got some weathertech mats. Highly considering an undercoating as I live near the coast; beach crawling should be easy. Going to trek to Colorado in July with this truck, should prove fun and interesting. I'll be able to haul everything I need and then some.

Thank you all in this forum for the information and your personal experiences.

View attachment 2124View attachment 2125View attachment 2126

Do you mind adding a picture of your payload sticker? I’d like to see what the 7.3 XLT comes in at.

Sticker.jpg

Also putting some pics of interior:

IMG_20200602_1204072.jpg

IMG_20200602_1204268.jpg

IMG_20200602_1204413.jpg

The Truck's "Sticker"

IMG_20200602_1211599.jpg

Looks great! Does it fit in your garage? I’m still having issues figuring out if one will fit in my 7 foot door.

Looks great! Does it fit in your garage? I’m still having issues figuring out if one will fit in my 7 foot door.

Haha, nope...then again my house is tiny...it's a PITA fitting it in my driveway. I'm used to driving a manual Focus ST...Haven't driven a truck in years.

Haha, nope...then again my house is tiny...it's a PITA fitting it in my driveway. I'm used to driving a manual Focus ST...Haven't driven a truck in years.

This is the sticker I am talking about.
19D687D0-6E90-4C50-97D1-BE6BD0FB07C4.jpeg

Odd, I thought I'd put it here, put it on another thread. Here it is.
IMG_20200602_1204011.jpg

Ford website lists the Tremor at 83" inches. You might barely fit.

Ford website lists the Tremor at 83" inches. You might barely fit.
Mine fits in a 7' garage door. Note: check the weather striping and the arm on the garage door opener ( often the connecting bars on the opener are too long and extend down past the door, just check and cut the excess off if needed).

Mine fits in a 7' garage door. Note: check the weather striping and the arm on the garage door opener ( often the connecting bars on the opener are too long and extend down past the door, just check and cut the excess off if needed).
Same here. I removed the weather striping, cut the arm off and adjusted the door to open all the way for more clearance.

Glad we put in 8 ft doors when we built :D

I'd love to have a carport...I hope to move in a few years.

Our garage is just too short length-wise for the truck to fit. My wife's expedition barely squeezes in. I wish I had a larger shop. Time to move again

Our garage is just too short length-wise for the truck to fit. My wife's expedition barely squeezes in. I wish I had a larger shop. Time to move again

I have about 18 inches to spare length wise.. I still get nervous parking in there, thinking I will hit the wall. I need to buy some sort of parking stop.

I'm expecting my Tremor this week or early next week. Tracking it I can tell it is within 200 miles now, either being loaded on a trailer or awaiting being loaded. Meanwhile, I'm hoping it will squeeze under my 7 foot door during hailstorms until I get a new garage built. It will have 12 x 9 foot doors. The contractor warned me when I built my last detached garage not to go so small on the size. 6" too short for a Tremor and now (of course) full of crap.

Back