Solved: 22MY King Ranch Tremor vs 22MY Lariat Sport Tremor Quandry

An

Any first hand knowledge of this by anyone?
Yea king ranch seats are real comfortable soft leather
9A2E259B-F3FF-46A4-B158-AD928840AFD6.jpeg

Doesn’t the king ranch also come with motion massage seats? You can probably trade your power steps for tremor step and get 600-750 boot.
You have to double check some King Ranch's don’t come without massaging seats we got them on ours wife loves them you can adjust them from mild to wild

If the KR seats are as comfortable as the platinum seats I'd consider leaning that way. Platinums are like floating on 7500lb pillow, never drove a KR but have a few miles behind a platty. Vote: KR

Any first hand knowledge of this by anyone?

Yes, I have some. I first bought a MY20 F250 King Ranch Tremor with the Chrome and Ultimate Packages. It was a nice vehicle, but I'm picky and spoiled, and couldn't get over the headliner. It's brown. I've only bought vehicles with black headliners for more than 20 years. I thought I could deal with brown, and I did, for two months before ordering a new truck, which was a MY21 F350 Platinum Tremor because that's the only model with a black headliner and it's 100 Fs better than a 250.

The Platinum's seats are identical in function to the King Ranch Ultimate seats. The difference that my wife and I immediately observed is that the leather seats in Platinum do not creak when using the massage feature like the seats in the King Ranch did. The overly-textured leather in the King Ranch makes noise when the bladders inflate and cause the seat panels to rub against each other. I could tune it out. She hated it.

Just to throw a wrench in the gears, if you think Java is nice, you should check out Dark Marsala.

Yes, I have some. I first bought a MY20 F250 King Ranch Tremor with the Chrome and Ultimate Packages. It was a nice vehicle, but I'm picky and spoiled, and couldn't get over the headliner. It's brown. I've only bought vehicles with black headliners for more than 20 years. I thought I could deal with brown, and I did, for two months before ordering a new truck, which was a MY21 F350 Platinum Tremor because that's the only model with a black headliner and it's 100 Fs better than a 250.

The Platinum's seats are identical in function to the King Ranch Ultimate seats. The difference that my wife and I immediately observed is that the leather seats in Platinum do not creak when using the massage feature like the seats in the King Ranch did. The overly-textured leather in the King Ranch makes noise when the bladders inflate and cause the seat panels to rub against each other. I could tune it out. She hated it.

Just to throw a wrench in the gears, if you think Java is nice, you should check out Dark Marsala.
Thanx!

Unfortunately the Dark Marsala (while beautiful) cannot go with Rapid Red or Velocity Blue. (I love/hate Ford's thinking as to what goes with what)

Thanx!

Unfortunately the Dark Marsala (while beautiful) cannot go with Rapid Red or Velocity Blue. (I love/hate Ford's thinking as to what goes with what)

I don't understand why they wouldn't let those combinations work, either. I went with dark blue, and in certain lighting both colors brighten up tremendously and it looks like Superman's truck. Surprised they let that through and not other bright exteriors.

Thought you retained the option between the Tremor (Raptor) steps or power boards if you added a package that included the power boards.

Decided on KR! I found out that your Power Steps can be left OPEN or CLOSED via the settings. I didn't know this and this is VERY helpful for me! I'll leave them open in winter and not worry about them sticking shut if it gets to that point. I do have a heated garage and it may NEVER be an issue.

I will be ordering Monday. 2% back of invoice.

Now to figure out the tailgate issue (issue for me anyway). I love the CHROME Package Tailgate Appliqué and the Ford logo in the bottom right of tailgate. I'm NOT a fan of the CHROME package though.

Maybe I'd get lucky and find a CHROME Package owner that hates the tailgate... LOL!

I'm hoping I can just ORDER that appliqué and remove the little chrome KR Badge without any holes in the gate... That's my hope anyway.

As posted in another post: I "know a guy" and he would paint that placard the sandstone grey and the indentations and raised lettering body color or black. Or vice-versa - (Haven't decided)
KR Chrome Package.PNG

Attachments

• KR No Chrome Package.PNG
    KR No Chrome Package.PNG
    997.9 KB · Views: 18
Decided on KR! I found out that your Power Steps can be left OPEN or CLOSED via the settings. I didn't know this and this is VERY helpful for me! I'll leave them open in winter and not worry about them sticking shut if it gets to that point. I do have a heated garage and it may NEVER be an issue.

The steps do not remain down while driving unless they’re broken. You can command them to remain down as a convenience for chores, such as washing the car, however they go back up once you hit a certain speed.

if you want the tailgate appliqué, the cheapest way would be to order the Chrome Package, then swap out the bumpers. The panel you want will cost a couple grand by the time you’re done adding it after the fact.

Mud Flaps do a good job at keeping debris from the power boards, but they're still a mechanical part. Your steel Boards will rust. If you can live with the Sun Roof, the King Ranch is a beautiful truck.

The truck is nothing but mechanical parts, I don't see why the power boards would be any different from anything else in those terms. Either way, I like the sun roof, although it does transmit a little more heat/cold than a regular insulated roof panel. I think the two tone and the seats are the most defining parts of the KR, it add just a bit of country style to a country truck.

Price difference is not substantive. Sounds like you greatly prefer the KR. I’m sure someone will swap stock running boards for your powered if you want. Go for the KR.
I’ll swap. Was looking for powered running boards last night ( wife is short). Lol.

Waiting game...

Attachments

• DD35797E-2552-4565-A14F-B4A938798BAC.png
    DD35797E-2552-4565-A14F-B4A938798BAC.png
    173.6 KB · Views: 27
  • 0A17D559-B258-44D0-9AC9-D061A15BFDFD.png
    0A17D559-B258-44D0-9AC9-D061A15BFDFD.png
    250.8 KB · Views: 27
Ok, I'm stuck - I'm ordering a Tremor - no question.

I've spec'd out with my local(ish) dealer two variants of the 22MY Tremor

Option 1:

F350 KR with 7.3L with all options (almost)
- Not a fan of the power boards - Minnesota - Salt - Snow - Ice Buildup - etc
- LOVE - again - LOVE the KR Java Interior!
- Love the 2-tone paint with Rapid Red (Would have loved the Race Red though)

F350 Lariat Sport with 7.3l with all options (almost)
- RACE RED SPORT! Love the brightness of it
- Hate that I cannot get Black Lariat package but I know a guy that can powder coat all my chrome (i.e., F350 fender logos)
- Black Onyx leather interior is second to the KR Java Interior
- I get the black textured running boards (1st choice over powered boards)

Price difference is (exactly) $2,921.50 between both builds - Lariat being less.

Thoughts?
The KR is based off a F250 and the Lariat a F350. Did you mean to spec a 3/4 and 1 ton?

The KR is based off a F250 and the Lariat a F350. Did you mean to spec a 3/4 and 1 ton?
I'm confused - I am of the understanding the KR and Lariat as a Package option regardless of 3/4 or 1T.

Back