1337logan

Tremor Fiend
TOTM Winner
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F350 Platinum Tremor 6.7
Current Ride #2
22yo girlfriend in college
Took my stock 2020 Platinum 6.7 out over the weekend up to Snoqualmie Pass in western WA. There are some decent logging roads and trails up there for snow driving.

I wanted to see what The Porkchop Express could do in really heavy, wet snow. The first road I hit was already driven, but my diffs were not clearing the center rut. I went down the road for about a mile, no issues, but keeping an eye on my clearance. It's a one lane road with no room to turnaround, so once I came to a decent turnaround spot I wanted to try while I had good room for winching.

The snow was above my door and above my knees. Heavy and wet.

I incrementally went back and forth carving out an exit pad into the turnaround. I was pushing snow with my rear bumper with no issues.

I was really, really impressed with the traction. It felt solid the whole time.

I did have to dig out around my front tires later in deep snow after I came to a stop when it was really cold and already turning to ice, but it was trivial.

I'm from Alaska and pride myself on my snow driving, I'm definitely impressed by the tremor.

No Pictures?

I get that! Sometimes shit gets going and pictures arent so much the foremost thought.

Took mine out the other night down a one lane road in deep snow and things got "interesting" while turning around in the deep snow on a slope. I cant say for sure but im pretty sure the Limited Slip Dif up front helped out.

I managed to get out and both me and the wife were pretty sure my 150 wouldnt have made it out, and the Tremor did!!

So far really happy with the performance of the truck in the snow and even the Duratracs!!

Just wish it had 4A like my 150!

Did either of you try the driving mode for Deep Snow/Sand or just leave it "Normal"? Curious as we had 14" of snow a month or so ago and I messed around a little and using the Deep Snow/Sand mode was crazy. It just claws you right through the snow.

The deep snow/Sand mode removes ALL traction control.

I have played with all the modes extensively, and I personally dont like that mode for snow at all.

It performs well in the sand where you would want lots of wheel spin, but in the snow, especially if it has a slick bottom, I prefer normal to even Slippery.

Slippery seems to pull a bit too much power when your trying to accelerate.

I have played with all the modes extensively, and I personally dont like that mode for snow at all.
I figured that's exactly the idea when in deep snow. The last thing you want is traction control kicking in and slowing down momentum. It worked great for the drifts I was playing in.

I could maybe see that being a problem driving around on ice covered slick roads where you'd want the Slippery mode (that worked well for starts over iced roads).

Nice to have some different options at least!

I also had good experience driving on icy roads with a little dry powdery snow on top. I guess the Goodyears

It performs well in the sand where you would want lots of wheel spin, but in the snow, especially if it has a slick bottom, I prefer normal to even Slippery.

Slippery seems to pull a bit too much power when your trying to accelerate.

x2 on slippery pulling too much power. I couldn't apply enough throttle to avoid hard downshifts when driving up hill.

Great thread, waiting on my white stuff here in the Northeast. I have a ski week booked in Maine for January and will test up there too.

Took my stock 2020 Platinum 6.7 out over the weekend up to Snoqualmie Pass in western WA. There are some decent logging roads and trails up there for snow driving.

I wanted to see what The Porkchop Express could do in really heavy, wet snow. The first road I hit was already driven, but my diffs were not clearing the center rut. I went down the road for about a mile, no issues, but keeping an eye on my clearance. It's a one lane road with no room to turnaround, so once I came to a decent turnaround spot I wanted to try while I had good room for winching.

The snow was above my door and above my knees. Heavy and wet.

I incrementally went back and forth carving out an exit pad into the turnaround. I was pushing snow with my rear bumper with no issues.

I was really, really impressed with the traction. It felt solid the whole time.

I did have to dig out around my front tires later in deep snow after I came to a stop when it was really cold and already turning to ice, but it was trivial.

I'm from Alaska and pride myself on my snow driving, I'm definitely impressed by the tremor.
Our early Washington snow sucks and is super slick.
No wonder our city's on the wet side of the state shut down when we get a few inches of snow.

Last edited:
How did you like the Duratracs? I've run them for years here in the Northeast and they are absolutely amazing in the snow IMO.

I'm in northern bc. We already have significant snow (fuk). That said while out hunting last week I tried the normal vs snow/sand and found it to work much better than normal This was a foot deep heavy not too wet snow that wahad a slippery bottom. I have toyo studless ice radial, new of course being my Tremor is only 10 wks old. I recently put 15 50 lb sand bags in the back of box as the 7.3 430 combination and aluminum panels I had terrible wheel spin around town in 2 wh drive

Got caught in a snowstorm this weekend going over Highway 88 got to test out snow mode and the tires not too deep of snow but Truck did awesome all be going back in few weeks to cut down my Christmas tree ??
6DD13CE1-5526-43E7-948E-7969205A20D2.jpeg
5A3F3FEF-43B3-471E-8ED6-FDE4B978CC43.png
3112E5F3-B530-4348-A338-61EB0309BEEF.png

Last edited:
Hope you plan on quarantining when you get here
?

I can get tested at work any time, and it looks like i just have to schedule a test when we plan on going there.

I'm in northern bc. We already have significant snow (fuk). That said while out hunting last week I tried the normal vs snow/sand and found it to work much better than normal This was a foot deep heavy not too wet snow that wahad a slippery bottom. I have toyo studless ice radial, new of course being my Tremor is only 10 wks old. I recently put 15 50 lb sand bags in the back of box as the 7.3 430 combination and aluminum panels I had terrible wheel spin around town in 2 wh drive
Gee I am still in shirt sleeves...and my upcoming oil change I am switching from 15-40 to 5-40. Feel for you guys....I did my time: 5 years in N Maine, 6 in UP of MI...and of course my first 20 years....Buffalo.......

I miss them days (almost!)
Yea I wouldn’t want to live in it but driving through is not bad ? The California drivers in the snow makes you want to stay off the road had one staying so close to me almost look like I was towing him then a tree laying across both lanes of the road six cars sitting there looking at it as I go on the shoulder around it and drive past them then they all go around just needed somebody to show them what to do dummy’s

I was up there last weekend also! Only got to play around in the parking lots while heading over to eastern wa, and no pics this time, but I agree, the Tremor does great in the snow!

Im glad to hear they are doing good. I cant' way to play with them in Northern NY(Adirondacks, true NNY)

Back