Cutting It Loose In My Silver Spruce
TOTM Winner
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 6.7 F250 Super Duty Tremor Lariat Ultimate BAP
Current Ride #2
2022 KTM 500 EXC-F Six Days
I figured it’s about time to start documenting my alterations to my 250 Lariat Ultimate Sport. As of now, my plans are mostly cosmetic and utilitarian, but you never know what the future may bring.
01D59A98-AFAF-494A-B5F8-F8F7108D2791.jpeg
DE5877A7-28A5-42B0-BCCE-D4E4E4CDDF6E.jpeg

Day one. The first thing is did as soon as I got home was to remove the front license plate holder. Super simple. Crawl under the bumper and push down on the two tabs (right side of picture) while pulling out slightly. Once the bottom is loose, the top part pivots up and away. I also put in a new set of Weathertech floor mats front and back. (On a side note, I believe this is fairly common knowledge, but the cab size and layout are the same on the aluminum bodied 150s and super dutys. I already had a set of Weathertech floor liners form my old truck. The backs are different because of the flip up box thing on the floor in the Tremor, but the fronts are identical as far as I can tell, so now I have a “clean set” and a “dirty set” for the fronts) I didn’t take a picture that night, so the one I have shows a little use.

DFED0493-BCDD-4866-BF4F-DD7DB31D8D6E.jpeg
B4F39822-A4BC-4F59-B783-04B9C01754A0.jpeg

A few days later I used some of my FordPass points to get a set of OEM front wheel well liners. They were $175.00+ tax or FREE with the points. They were fairly simple and straightforward to put in. The clip and screw combo that comes with it was a little odd to figure out (the directions aren’t the best) but it’s easy once you figure out where to put it and how to get the clip lined up. I give it one finger of Bourbon level of difficulty for each side. Here’s how they look mounted.
34FE949C-A039-4C43-85D3-6D5E4AD09E3C.jpeg
1D930E06-348C-43A8-95D1-ABC531B6E6E0.jpeg

And tested!
58764DCC-F8A5-4B83-A103-E4CAC5C57ED8.jpeg

I’m very happy with them and I’m glad I got them in early. My truck came with the rear liners already so now I’m good to go all the way around. They offer pretty decent protection, and they make cleaning much more simple and easy.

This weekend the wife was away shopping somewhere, so I had some time (after completing the honey do list of course) to do a little more work on the truck. First up was a good wash and wax. They dealership basically gave it a quick wash and a ton of tire dressing and sent it out the door to me. I realized quickly that it was going to need a little more than that to be ready for Pennsylvania winter snow and salt. Here’s some of the products I use and the end result.
90F20417-DD4A-484A-9469-AFFCCE8BD2FE.jpeg
C29B6F9E-E20D-45CE-B951-C168DE0EA2F4.jpeg
6620CFE2-02FA-47DF-B89E-0B9A035B9755.jpeg
260A0C0D-084B-4C5A-A616-3B3815EC04A0.jpeg

I did notice a ton of tiny little black/brown dots all over the paint and plastic while washing. They came off fairly easily, especially after waxing. I’m guessing it’s the “rail dust” others have mentioned on this site. Either way, I’m suggesting that everyone check closely to your paint when you acquire your truck. Not sure if they would have caused any permanent issues, but I’m not taking any chances.

When I returned home from drink/lunch with @Worley on Friday, I had a surprise waiting for me.
11548786-533F-4846-BFDD-7EC9EBEF0810.jpeg

I ripped open my (76 lb) box and pulled out my 3” shank 8” drop Bulletproof Hitch, my 3 (keyed alike) locking hitch pins and my 3”-2” reducer sleeve, and went to town fitting and testing.
F07F0761-27A0-4DBF-99EC-71EF3BF0CD55.jpeg
8FBD7EBC-146E-4648-8D93-473A0F4F7C1F.jpeg
A919079C-E57D-40CD-AABA-D3CC1C360A47.jpeg
1C2E0473-EAA4-4FDD-9FDD-F1C01D7EDC9C.jpeg
CE15BF68-5D83-45A9-A2BD-FBF497C48563.jpeg
0BBEE081-C496-4724-9836-5FA476FB04A5.jpeg

That left me with one other potential problem. I learned on this site that several people had complaints about the size of the loops for attaching safety chains while towing. I looked into a set of hammerlocks, but I don’t tow on a regular basis so I didn’t want anything else dangling back there when not needed. Plus, they somehow remind me of those stupid truck balls that guys used to hang off the hitch, so I was looking for something removable. Well I stumbled across Rhino USA. They seem to carry a decent amount of off roading gear. I also found a 20% off your order code, so I ordered from them.
B0B6F01D-332E-4C6E-8D33-25BD5163417F.jpeg

I was initially looking for large shackles. A kit they sell has the shackles I wanted and a 30’ tow strap together in a nice little bag. I needed a tire plug kit so I grabbed one from them too. Here’s the shackles mounted.
7924FCE9-06CD-4AB7-892C-0C2D23CBA43B.jpeg
9E8B47FE-31B8-4E0B-B23F-5FC22E58034F.jpeg

I grabbed a few pictures and then took them back off until needed.

Fun stuff.
Did you put wheel well panels on the back as well?
One of the packages (either sport or Ultimate) came with the rears, but it wouldn’t let me put the front ones on during my order. It was an easy project and was free anyway so I’m happy.

One of the packages (either sport or Ultimate) came with the rears, but it wouldn’t let me put the front ones on during my order. It was an easy project and was free anyway so I’m happy.
Oh gotcha. I painted the rear wheel well on mine. I wonder if you could aftermarket purchase those. I love that clean look!!!

I figured it’s about time to start documenting my alterations to my 250 Lariat Ultimate Sport. As of now, my plans are mostly cosmetic and utilitarian, but you never know what the future may bring.
View attachment 7718View attachment 7719
Day one. The first thing is did as soon as I got home was to remove the front license plate holder. Super simple. Crawl under the bumper and push down on the two tabs (right side of picture) while pulling out slightly. Once the bottom is loose, the top part pivots up and away. I also put in a new set of Weathertech floor mats front and back. (On a side note, I believe this is fairly common knowledge, but the cab size and layout are the same on the aluminum bodied 150s and super dutys. I already had a set of Weathertech floor liners form my old truck. The backs are different because of the flip up box thing on the floor in the Tremor, but the fronts are identical as far as I can tell, so now I have a “clean set” and a “dirty set” for the fronts) I didn’t take a picture that night, so the one I have shows a little use.

View attachment 7720View attachment 7721
The front license plate bracket was the first thing I did too, also right after I got the truck home. I'm surprised they put it on, for trucks that are shipped to states that do not require a front plate.

Thanks for the pictures of the front wheel well liners. I've been holding off installing mine, but they look good. And I like your hitch cover. Nice!

Nice set up. Can you measure from bottom of the hitch to ground. Im trying to decide between that 6 or 8 drop.

Nice set up. Can you measure from bottom of the hitch to ground. Im trying to decide between that 6 or 8 drop.
Yeah if I remember when I get home I’ll throw it on and measure. I was worried about the same thing. I think I made the right choice with the 8.

The front license plate bracket was the first thing I did too, also right after I got the truck home. I'm surprised they put it on, for trucks that are shipped to states that do not require a front plate.

Thanks for the pictures of the front wheel well liners. I've been holding off installing mine, but they look good. And I like your hitch cover. Nice!
Yeah odd about the plate holder for sure. About everything else you put on this truck is considered an “accessory” but they throw that on every truck whether you need it or not.
Oh and thanks about the hitch cover. I really wanted to figure out a way to reuse it from my old 2” F-150. It’s a subtle way of saying “bother someone else!”

Yeah odd about the plate holder for sure. About everything else you put on this truck is considered an “accessory” but they throw that on every truck whether you need it or not.
Oh and thanks about the hitch cover. I really wanted to figure out a way to reuse it from my old 2” F-150. It’s a subtle way of saying “bother someone else!”
Nice my man. Excited for you. Keep posting your advice and adventures. ??✌️???????????

Word from the wise (aka "I f'd up") access the pass through wires before getting front wheel well liners. I cant get to them without removing them.
Huh?

Nice my man. Excited for you. Keep posting your advice and adventures. ??✌???????????
Thanks IM! I’m very much looking forward to the day your beautiful beast rolls in. And then plan on making my place one of the stops on your Tremor World Tour. I’ll have a cold one, or a neat one if you prefer, waiting for you two!??????

Latest Discussions

Back