skid plates

72 Bronco

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
72 Bronco
Current Ride #2
2020 Tremor F-250
just got under the Tremor and surprised that the only skid plates are under the transfer case and the gas tank.
Is this correct or am I missing something?

Thxs

That's all mine has too. I have a knack for getting rocks and stump to hit things, and there is still quite a bit exposed for my taste, but it's something.

Ed

Thanks Ed
yeah it was kind of weird to see the transmission so exposed. With that plastic looking pan I thought they would have covered that a bit.

Anyone found an aftermarket company making additional plates or sliders? I contacted white knuckle a while back seeing as they make power wagon ones but the person who answered was unhelpful and just said they don’t make them. I was trying to suggest they start..

Anyone found an aftermarket company making additional plates or sliders? I contacted white knuckle a while back seeing as they make power wagon ones but the person who answered was unhelpful and just said they don’t make them. I was trying to suggest they start..

I am looking for the same thing!

Any additional protection would be good when off roading especially in treed areas

Yep those plastic elbows on the trans cooler look totally unprotected and would drain all the coolant out of the system if one were to get ripped off.

Super Duty Skid Plate. Search that. I think they're in florida. oil and trans pan protection

I had RCI Metalworks on my F150. Super sweet bare aluminum front to back providing total coverage. They are located about 45 minutes away from me and I contacted them about offering plates for Super Duties, Tremors specifically.

They said they had no plans to offer them but would look into it. I offered my truck for measurements and prototyping and didn't get a response. Maybe I should hit them up again.

Seams like an un-tapped market for those guys; surprised they didn’t jump on it.

If I see them start selling; that’s who I’d end up with. They have a strong reputation in some of the other communities.

I had RCI Metalworks on my F150. Super sweet bare aluminum front to back providing total coverage. They are located about 45 minutes away from me and I contacted them about offering plates for Super Duties, Tremors specifically.

They said they had no plans to offer them but would look into it. I offered my truck for measurements and prototyping and didn't get a response. Maybe I should hit them up again.

Seams like an un-tapped market for those guys; surprised they didn’t jump on it.

If I see them start selling; that’s who I’d end up with. They have a strong reputation in some of the other communities.
I completely agree.

I am not sure if they expanded or the original guy sold off, but back in 2013 I drove to a shop and bought some blems from the guy. He was a one man shop running it out of his house outside Fort Collins. Real cool and easy to work with.

When I looked them up again they had moved to an industrial park and had customer service reps answering emails. So... That might explain some of it. I'll try calling them again next week.

Bumping this thread partly to see if anyone has had any success finding a skid plate to cover the engine and transmission.

Also bumping to let folks know https://superdutyskidplate.com is sketchy. I used their contact form to reach out a week ago to confirm compatibility with the 7.3L gas engine and have heard no response. If they did reply, then it must have detected as strong enough spam for it to not even hit my spam folder.

When I tried calling the number they have on their contact page, I was greeted by an automated voice informing me I had won a Walmart gift card and to press 1 to get it. :rolleyes:

Needless to say, won't be sending any money their way.

Looking for skid plates. Came across this

Any thoughts?
This thread has good thoughts on it:

I also ended up getting that exact one (sorry I forgot to update this thread!), and my install post is here:

Pretty huge investment for stamping machinery. Not surprising that nobody is doing it. Anybody got a contact in China?

Reactions: ccw
They aren’t stamped. Laser cut and CNC bending press. Tons of shops have this equipment in house. RCI for example.

Latest Discussions

Back