SHTF anyone?

Maybe I can get us back on track. I still need responses to the question of which tire set will get better gas mileage, the stock 33's or the 35's? Both at 60f/65r.
The lighter the better when it comes to unsprung, rotating mass and fuel economy. So 33” tires all the way for mileage.

Also look for tires with low rolling resistance. Don’t know of a specific measurement for that to compare, but keep an eye out for one. In general the more Highway oriented a tire is, the lower the rolling resistance. Large voids add resistance.

I would expect that the 35 would get better mileage because of the lower engine revs at speed. But then there is the larger profile and increased weight that would cause a mileage hit. Overall, I don't think you will be able to significantly increase the mileage of the truck.
All else equal, yes the bigger tire, and thus lower rotational speed, will net better mileage. But weight and rolling resistance of the tire will have far more impact.

(Quickly unwatches thread and runs away to stay out of the mud slinging…)

I’m sorry, I ment 762x51 (308)

The M855a1 round punches right thru AR550 body armor as well as a sheet of it we had set up out of both a standard M4 carbine and a M16A2 100 yards

The M855 was developed/designed to be used out of a full sized M16 and needs the 20 inch barrel to get full potential out of this cartridge
I agree, out of a 20 inch barrel the velocity will be enough to punch through. Most AR's in civilian hands will have a 16 inch barrel and will be less than 3000 fps. They won't get through. If they are using 308 the only thing that will stop it is my level IV ceramic plates.

He is a troll, has to get every possible dig in to Trump and those who support MEGA/Trump or that thought process & lives to make fun of them
MEGA... 'Nuff said 🙄

I've got over 1k posts here and all but a few reference your orange daddy. Your eligibility to call folks trolls begins when more than 5% of your 100 posts add a modicum of value beyond shtf conjecture. Until then, kindly fuck off.

MEGA... 'Nuff said 🙄

I've got over 1k posts here and all but a few reference your orange daddy. Your eligibility to call folks trolls begins when more than 5% of your 100 posts add a modicum of value beyond shtf conjecture. Until then, kindly fuck off.

Troll

MEGA... 'Nuff said 🙄

Did I mention that you are a egotistical troll at that

MEGA... 'Nuff said 🙄

Look at me, look at my posts and all my likes and such, I am not a troll, I am better than you and till you’re post count adds up like mine with all my likes, you do not matter and must bow down to me

Ahhhhh, nothing like a egotistical troll who thinks a post count means something

I agree, out of a 20 inch barrel the velocity will be enough to punch through. Most AR's in civilian hands will have a 16 inch barrel and will be less than 3000 fps. They won't get through. If they are using 308 the only thing that will stop it is my level IV ceramic plates.

The M4 carbine has a 14.5 inch barrel and at 100 yards M855a1 punched holes in AR500 rated to stop 308 rifle rounds

It is harder to stop 5.56 than 308

Last edited:
Look at me, look at my posts and all my likes and such, I am not a troll, I am better than you and till you’re post count adds up like mine with all my likes, you do not matter and must bow down to me

Ahhhhh, nothing like a egotistical troll who thinks a post count means something

Shriek, is that you?

F12FA154-C9EA-443B-873E-D93396A1EFCC.jpeg

I got triple quoted - must've gotten you real triggered, snowflake 😂

Shrek9=Bokal=TJ Carr... notice how when one starts posting, the others no longer post? You need to rotate your logins bub and also seek a combination of therapy and antipsychotics. It will do wonders for you.

This is a planning for the end of the world thread. If that isn't your interest, you can just pass it by.

I am building a trailer to haul the most gas legally possible. The plan is to be able to drive out west to pick up the kids in the event that they need a safe place for a while. You can call it prepping or what ever you want. It may never happen and if not I'll have a 118 gal fuel trailer to keep gas in for local use so I don't see a downside. The most you can legally haul is 119 gal. I know that if life as we know it breaks down, I won't have to worry about being stopped for hauling too much gas so it's not a real constraint, but I'll be hauling the trailer around in good times too, so I'll have to build it for the upper limit and then add portable gas cans in the trailer when the need arises. For now that means 118 gal. The tanks are on order now for that amount.

2000 miles will get me to the destination but not home. I'll have to fill up there to get back. That's a problem if there is no fuel available. One solution would be to have them meet me half way and I'll get them the rest of the way in. They'll be driving an SUV and a Camry. It looks like they can make it half way on 2.5 of their tanks. The SUV will have a hitch mounted carrier on the back that should carry that much fuel. But with 118 + 34 (in the truck) I'll have 152 legal gallons. I'll need to get 13.5 MPG to make it half way and back. With only about 600 miles so far, it looks like I'm getting 15.5 highway and 13.5 city, if I baby it. So I'll just barely make it if I can tow a 2000 bound trailer and get the 13.5.

Does that sound possible? It's a pretty light tow for the truck, but I'm not sure I can get that good a mileage out of the Godzilla. it's got the stock tires which I measure at about 33's. If I put the 35's on it, will that improve the mileage or have no effect? Theoretically it should help but I've heard that increased friction kills the improvement.

Interested in what y'all have to say.
Have you thought about getting a 5th wheel toy hauler? I was checking one out and some have an additional tank in the toy hauler that I think held another 30 or 35 gallons. Plus it is a toy hauler and I think it's possible to store another fuel tank in the back where the toys go. It would also make it concealed. I don't know if you could get 118 gal in there but if there is a will there is a way.

Ummm… this descended into political chaos from fuel… back to fuel. Check 49cfr as well for transportation it is the dot hazmat regulations I wasn’t gonna sift through this whole thread to see if someone mentioned it. I don’t remember all the specifics for transporting gasoline but you’d have to declare it as dangerous goods in certain quantities and not go through certain tunnels etc. but for non commercial transportation it’s a lot easier.

There’s some authors (I wish I remember their names) that have done extensive “research” on SHTF scenarios - best places to live in the US prior to this happening, how far is necessary to be off major highways/interstates, basics for survival, etc. Last thing you want to do is to be traveling a long distance to fetch someone. Need to have plans and rendezvous etc. ahead of time. Let’s be honest with ourselves, unless you are a group of special force guys that have deployed together, odds of us effectively executing a mission like that is null. Even defending an off-grid homestead could be dicey if proper precautions and alliances aren’t made in advance. Best thing to do is find a nice place to create a getaway, far enough away to not draw attention but close enough to walk there if need be, have it stocked and ready for your arrival. And then, don’t talk about it

There’s some authors (I wish I remember their names) that have done extensive “research” on SHTF scenarios - best places to live in the US prior to this happening, how far is necessary to be off major highways/interstates, basics for survival, etc. Last thing you want to do is to be traveling a long distance to fetch someone. Need to have plans and rendezvous etc. ahead of time. Let’s be honest with ourselves, unless you are a group of special force guys that have deployed together, odds of us effectively executing a mission like that is null. Even defending an off-grid homestead could be dicey if proper precautions and alliances aren’t made in advance. Best thing to do is find a nice place to create a getaway, far enough away to not draw attention but close enough to walk there if need be, have it stocked and ready for your arrival. And then, don’t talk about it
Thanks, I've probably read a few of the ones you are thinking of. I've got the survival basics down, have the homestead that is moderately defensible, have the MAG (mutual assistance group), I even have the vehicles EMP protected. We have laid out a rendezvous plan and know what each will be doing. We also have back up plans since nothing ever goes the way you plan. My problem is, until SHTF hits, the kids need to be getting their education. When SHTF hits, they need to be here. I agree with you that the travel would be a Mad Max scenario, but if you have kids out there and they need to be safe, what are you going to do? If we descend into SHTF slow enough, no problem, just leave before it gets too bad. If we hit it like a brick wall, I'll have to have something for a plan.

Thanks, I've probably read a few of the ones you are thinking of. I've got the survival basics down, have the homestead that is moderately defensible, have the MAG (mutual assistance group), I even have the vehicles EMP protected. We have laid out a rendezvous plan and know what each will be doing. We also have back up plans since nothing ever goes the way you plan. My problem is, until SHTF hits, the kids need to be getting their education. When SHTF hits, they need to be here. I agree with you that the travel would be a Mad Max scenario, but if you have kids out there and they need to be safe, what are you going to do? If we descend into SHTF slow enough, no problem, just leave before it gets too bad. If we hit it like a brick wall, I'll have to have something for a plan.
For me, I’m going to make sure they know what to do for the location their living in first and foremost. Then we can develop a plan to stay off the regular paths and get back to the homestead. Can’t risk leaving the homestead undefended, and you have to trust your kids have been educated enough to know how to get home. My biggest hope, is that these kinds of things never come about. I really do not want to live in some “post-apocalyptic” type world. But since I love the idea of living off grid and off the land, that preparation helps either way

I've been stocking for years. Water , food, faraday cage (US could get EMP hit), natural garden, grid down back up systems

Stay far away from Crowded states (ya talking to you Florida, New Jersey etc) and cities. Safest areas are midwest, ie; western Minnesota, Eastern South Dakota , eastern north dakota, areas of Montana...are your best bet.

The Nesara Gsesara new financial system sounds great thats already implemented just hasnt been announced . Its still a one world governemnt, digital rainbow currency that will lead to more control and power.

When intel starts dropping on EBS, people in denial are going to go nuts, they'll be riots.

Get out of any major city!

For me, I’m going to make sure they know what to do for the location their living in first and foremost. Then we can develop a plan to stay off the regular paths and get back to the homestead. Can’t risk leaving the homestead undefended, and you have to trust your kids have been educated enough to know how to get home. My biggest hope, is that these kinds of things never come about. I really do not want to live in some “post-apocalyptic” type world. But since I love the idea of living off grid and off the land, that preparation helps either way
Wise counsel. They are as prepared as college kids can realistically do. One of our plans has them staying put for a month before they bug out so that the crazies kill each other off and they might have a better chance on the road. But that means they have to stay inside and defend their apartment for a month. They have enough food and can filter water if they can find it locally, but the home defense is hard in an apartment complex.
I've been stocking for years. Water , food, faraday cage (US could get EMP hit), natural garden, grid down back up systems

Stay far away from Crowded states (ya talking to you Florida, New Jersey etc) and cities. Safest areas are midwest, ie; western Minnesota, Eastern South Dakota , eastern north dakota, areas of Montana...are your best bet.

The Nesara Gsesara new financial system sounds great thats already implemented just hasnt been announced . Its still a one world governemnt, digital rainbow currency that will lead to more control and power.

When intel starts dropping on EBS, people in denial are going to go nuts, they'll be riots.

Get out of any major city!
Agreed. We'll see how much crazier the financial system becomes. I don't see how it gets better. Too much money chasing too few goods and services. Inflation has to go way up. The cities are a death trap.

Back