Showing my install of the Midland MXT 575 GMRS radio into 2020 Super Duty Tremor - My 7 parts Video Shorts on my Installation.

I got way too much stuff under & behind the back seat, so I mounted both the gmrs & cb under the dash. I had to screw into the metal brace behind the plastic, but it's real solid, & doesn't hit my knees.
What type of antenna are you running for your Ham radio setup. I’m still looking for one for me. Thinking about a tri band antenna. Also still looking for a head unit.

What type of antenna are you running for your Ham radio setup. I’m still looking for one for me. Thinking about a tri band antenna. Also still looking for a head unit.
No HAM, just CB & GMRS - firestick for the CB, & the Midland Ghost Antenna for the GMRS

BTW, just watched some of your DIY vids, you're a pretty handy guy! Keep up the good work.

Was going copy the install and Just learned that the built right panel doesn’t work for 2022s. Is there another mount that’ll let you install it behind the seat?

As I did the BuiltRight panel on my 2022 all that's needed is to drill a hole. Or you just leave the retainer out of the OEM location. No big deal either way.

As I did the BuiltRight panel on my 2022 all that's needed is to drill a hole. Or you just leave the retainer out of the OEM location. No big deal either way.
Can you snap a few pictures? They were adamant I don’t buy it and indicated they won’t be making them for 2021 up.

Trust me I gave them a piece of my mind when they admitted they didn't even have a 2022 SD to check fitment for their products. It's not like they need to totally engineer a new part. Wow, just get a 2022, map out the placement of a hole. Change the production plans to include the new hole. Now the panels work up to 2022. Sure, it's not "free" as all that creates development work with a cost to a business. Aren't you doing that for the 2023 trucks???? So it's a natural cost for business in my mind.

This was my issue:
IMG_1311.JPG

IMG_1310.JPG

That short plastic support for the inverter. The panel doesn't have a carve out nor does it have a hole to allow the retainer to still use the OE hole. If you put the panel in place over the retainer it causes a fitment issue when you tighten down the hardware. You could just cut off the plastic retainer.

IMG_1307.JPG

In the end if you mount the panel, then line up the retainer, mark for drilling a hole, then mod the panel it helps the fitment.

IMG_1520.JPG

IMG_1522.JPG

You will need the DirtChurch relocation mount for the jack.

My hero! Seeing this, I’ll definitely be ordering one. I’m kinda surprised a simple hole is stopping them from addressing the newer market.

Back