Should the brakes feel so much different

doc7string

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
'17 Audi S6
Hey guys, I recently test drove a diesel F 350 Platinum long bed followed immediately by a diesel F250 Lariat with Tremor package (trying to get a feel for the 350 Platinum Tremor that I'm wanting). Both were great for their own reasons, but one thing perplexed me. The 350 took "A WHOLE LOT" more brake pressure to slow it down than the 250. The dealer initially said it was because the Tremor has bigger rotors/pads, but when I reiterated the degree of difference (it truly was huge), they started second guessing themselves, wondering if there was an issue with the particular 350 that I drove. I expect that the 350 with long bed is a bit heavier, and certainly the brakes would be a bit less capable, but I went for a 2 mile drive in each, was immediately put off by the brake feel in the limited (it actually scared me the first time I had to stop) and relieved when driving the 250. Of course they did both stop, and I am used to the brakes on my '17 Audi s6 (they are huge and the vehicle is obviously much lighter), but the 350 made me think too much about the act of stopping whereas the 250 simply stopped without a thought. Have any of you had the opportunity to compare, or a similar or better experience than I. As I fight with myself regarding adding a tremor package (the added height is awesome but poses some logistical issues for me), I am concerned that if I don't get the tremor brakes I could be extremely dissatisfied with the truck. But, if I need to add the Tremor package to be satisfied, given the issues with height, I may be forced to buy a GMC 3500 AT4. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Hey guys, I recently test drove a diesel F 350 Platinum long bed followed immediately by a diesel F250 Lariat with Tremor package (trying to get a feel for the 350 Platinum Tremor that I'm wanting). Both were great for their own reasons, but one thing perplexed me. The 350 took "A WHOLE LOT" more brake pressure to slow it down than the 250. The dealer initially said it was because the Tremor has bigger rotors/pads, but when I reiterated the degree of difference (it truly was huge), they started second guessing themselves, wondering if there was an issue with the particular 350 that I drove. I expect that the 350 with long bed is a bit heavier, and certainly the brakes would be a bit less capable, but I went for a 2 mile drive in each, was immediately put off by the brake feel in the limited (it actually scared me the first time I had to stop) and relieved when driving the 250. Of course they did both stop, and I am used to the brakes on my '17 Audi s6 (they are huge and the vehicle is obviously much lighter), but the 350 made me think too much about the act of stopping whereas the 250 simply stopped without a thought. Have any of you had the opportunity to compare, or a similar or better experience than I. As I fight with myself regarding adding a tremor package (the added height is awesome but poses some logistical issues for me), I am concerned that if I don't get the tremor brakes I could be extremely dissatisfied with the truck. But, if I need to add the Tremor package to be satisfied, given the issues with height, I may be forced to buy a GMC 3500 AT4. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Well I have a f350 lariat and I can say the trucks doesn't stop compared to a f150 .... But it's a 1 ton truck it's not going to ... I got in a accident today you can see in my thread under what bumper I should get

Well I have a f350 lariat and I can say the trucks doesn't stop compared to a f150 .... But it's a 1 ton truck it's not going to ... I got in a accident today you can see in my thread under what bumper I should get
I'm sorry, that's a real bummer. I hope you weren't hurt! Yes, I'm sure a 150 stops easier, but a 250 is a heavy truck too and I expected a similar feel between it and a 350.

I'm sorry, that's a real bummer. I hope you weren't hurt! Yes, I'm sure a 150 stops easier, but a 250 is a heavy truck too and I expected a similar feel between it and a 350.
It is what it is.... I was distracted by a trump sign .... And I got them ... But if the truck stopped like a f 150 I would have stopped in time ... But shit happens ... Reasons to upgrade the bumper

It is what it is.... I was distracted by a trump sign .... And I got them ... But if the truck stopped like a f 150 I would have stopped in time ... But shit happens ... Reasons to upgrade the bumper
If Trump got wind of this he'd probably pay for your repair. Happy you're ok.

If Trump got wind of this he'd probably pay for your repair. Happy you're ok.
Hahahahaha well he can give me a $2500 for the bumper I want .... Already have the winch hahaha but I am down

Whats the issue with the height? I did not even know the Tremor has upgraded brakes, can anyone confirm? Im assuming youre keeping the s6, why not just drive that when you need a lower vehicle?
What is the difference in total height between the Tremor and AT4?
I would drive 2 more diesel 250/350 SD to verify braking.

Whats the issue with the height? I did not even know the Tremor has upgraded brakes, can anyone confirm? Im assuming youre keeping the s6, why not just drive that when you need a lower vehicle?
I'm trading in the Audi (83k miles and starting to have issues like all German cars do at that point). The Tremor is too tall for the garage at work. And very limited outdoor parking. The AT4 is the same height as a non tremor 350 (2" shorter). Absolutely will drive several before deciding for sure.

I've never heard of the Tremor having any different brakes than the normal F250/F350. I'd actually be surprised if it did.

I've never heard of the Tremor having any different brakes than the normal F250/F350. I'd actually be surprised if it did.
yea if it had upgraded brakes they suck.... it doesn't stop this truck

Ford parts has part numbers for a standard and a severe duty brake pad listed for all 4x4 F250/350. Part numbers are the same regardless of model.

I don't remember seeing anything in ordering that would change the brakes from the factory. But I have only really looked at tremor packages. The brakes are different 4x2 to 4x4. And the tires are taller on the tremor which should actually put more strain on the brakes technically.

I have twice now seen repair shops put pads in backwards so......

Ford parts has part numbers for a standard and a severe duty brake pad listed for all 4x4 F250/350. Part numbers are the same regardless of model.

I don't remember seeing anything in ordering that would change the brakes from the factory. But I have only really looked at tremor packages. The brakes are different 4x2 to 4x4. And the tires are taller on the tremor which should actually put more strain on the brakes technically.

I have twice now seen repair shops put pads in backwards so......
a note to take in the Tremor with the 18s wheels the brakes have very little room so i would guess if the wheel is taking up 2 inches for the barrel the brakes are 15 or 16 inches tall.... but i need to check for sure but someone else probably already has

a note to take in the Tremor with the 18s wheels the brakes have very little room so i would guess if the wheel is taking up 2 inches for the barrel the brakes are 15 or 16 inches tall.... but i need to check for sure but someone else probably already has
Snake Pit said he owns his own shop. He showed off his bad ass build with Carli suspension and POWER STOP PADS/ROTORS. I thought to my self after reading his build that would be a must for me. He's probably have a better answer to stopping this Must Have Truck.
Sorry To hear about your accident Brother. I need to read your post to read in detail. But Love hearing the Trump signs. In this BULL SHIT LIBERAL STATE OF NY, we know of so many Trump signs stolen and flags and property FUCKED WITH.
I don't put out any Trump signs. We are keeping a low profile. BUT I PITTY THE FOOL WHO WOULD FUCK WITH OUR SHIT.

The tremor may brake differently due to the wheel/tire size up and extra rotational mass.

I attempted an emergency stop/slow down yesterday in my 250 Tremor because a deer was in the middle of the highway rounding a corner and needless to say, the truck slowed down... about 10 mph from 65. Luckily the dear was missed by about a foot otherwise it would have been a new bumper for me as well. But the factory brakes don't give me much confidence, I'll probably consider a powerstop setup as well.

I attempted an emergency stop/slow down yesterday in my 250 Tremor because a deer was in the middle of the highway rounding a corner and needless to say, the truck slowed down... about 10 mph from 65. Luckily the dear was missed by about a foot otherwise it would have been a new bumper for me as well. But the factory brakes don't give me much confidence, I'll probably consider a powerstop setup as well.
I am looking and trying to find reviews on powerstop brakes but they don't recommend the same brakes for a 2019 as a 2020 ... I am going to call them

I am looking and trying to find reviews on powerstop brakes but they don't recommend the same brakes for a 2019 as a 2020 ... I am going to call them
So the women was EXTREMELY UNHELPFUL... She said sorry we don't make anything for 2020 Superduty trucks .... I asked what is the difference between a 2019 and 2020 superdutys .... She said idk ... They aren't recommend on a 2020 superdutys .... We can't warranty our products if you put them on your vehicle sir ... And said have a nice day ...... WTF .... NEED A FORD TECH. Is there a difference on the axles or anything for a 2019 and 2020 Superduty I am just trying to do the fronts

It is just the bigger tires of the Tremor that cause the extra braking needed. When I put 295/65r20 on my '15, I had the same result, more brake pressure needed.

Bigger calipers would definitely help. Drilled and slotted rotors, not so much, unless you are riding them constantly.

So the women was EXTREMELY UNHELPFUL... She said sorry we don't make anything for 2020 Superduty trucks .... I asked what is the difference between a 2019 and 2020 superdutys .... She said idk ... They aren't recommend on a 2020 superdutys .... We can't warranty our products if you put them on your vehicle sir ... And said have a nice day ...... WTF .... NEED A FORD TECH. Is there a difference on the axles or anything for a 2019 and 2020 Superduty I am just trying to do the fronts
Bigger calipers would definitely help. Drilled and slotted rotors, not so much, unless you are riding them constantly.
Snake Pit just said Power Stop Pads/rotors were a direct swap and fits stock 2020 Tremors. He said he feels it stops better in his Tremor. He wasnt impressed with stock Brakes. Imgoing to have them placed when my 2021 is built. Pass it on Pay it foward.

Back