Should I post step by step bed removal and gooseneck pics/vid? 22' 350 Lariat Tremor 6 3/4 bed?

Toadgamel

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
'22 F350 Tremor
Current Ride #2
'15 PriusV (Seriously)
I'm going to be doing a 5th wheel / gooseneck prep kit install on my 22' 350 Tremor Lariat, with 6 3/4 bed on 10/02 and wanted to see if there's anyone in need or interested in pics and or videos of the project? Im not promising high quality editing lol, but I would do something basic if anyone thinks it would help them.

I'm going to be doing a 5th wheel / gooseneck prep kit install on my 22' 350 Tremor Lariat, with 6 3/4 bed on 10/02 and wanted to see if there's anyone in need or interested in pics and or videos of the project? Im not promising high quality editing lol, but I would do something basic if anyone thinks it would help them.
Although mine came with it, I’d like to see the install process

I've heard you don't necessarily need to remove the bed entirely. Just raising it up a couple of inches and sticking a few blocks of wood between the bed and frame is enough.

I've heard you don't necessarily need to remove the bed entirely. Just raising it up a couple of inches and sticking a few blocks of wood between the bed and frame is enough.
I have heard the same. A detailed how to or video using that technique would be helpful, since not everyone has the ability or place to lift and remove the bed.

I would be limited to using some 4x4 blocks if I were to attempt the 5th wheel prep installation.

Last edited:
I can confirm you do not have to remove the bed, just raise it up and place 6x6 or a couple of 4x4 blocks under the ben. But I will tell you wrestling that chunk of iron in through the side takes a little work. The other slight draw back is with tightening all the bolts, if the bed was off it would go faster and easier. It took me about 3-4 hours from start to finish to do everything by myself other than help lifting up the box which the dear wife assisted with.

I'm going to do the install this Thursday. I'll do my best to put together a step by step.
I think it would be interesting to see... Thanks!

Back