Should I order or buy off lot?

Denali

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Military
NAVY
Current Ride
AT4
Greetings all! Ive been reading the forums for a while now. Cant get the though of owning a Tremor out of my head. I started reaching out to dealerships. This is the only offer I have been able to entertain to date. I am not sure if its a fair deal. I was hoping someone could look it over. The dealer is pretty in-flexible, I asked for an accessory or two ( tonneau cover floor mats) was met with resistance on the cover but they did agree to throw in the floor mats. The only option I would be missing personally is the lack of a heated steering wheel, I really like that feature in my current truck now. I am wondering if I should just factory order or dose this seem like a reasonable offer?

Here is link to the Web site. ( https://www.saffordford.com/api/inv...cguid=SH-a3783b51-8ffe-70e8-2d83-c037cd142866)

Attachments

• Tremorpain.png
    Tremorpain.png
    152.5 KB · Views: 245
So you want a Tremor?? Great choice, I've got the same truck with the sunroof and deployable running boards and it's amazing, And I paid LESS than your current offer. I ordered my truck to my exact specs nothing more/nothing less. It took a while but I was willing to wait. If you like a heated steering wheel, then you must have it. DO NOT spend all of that hard earned cash on a vehicle that doesn't have what you want. Do some shopping around. The dealer is willing to throw in a $100 option on an 80k truck?? wow, how generous! Good luck my man!

So you want a Tremor?? Great choice, I've got the same truck with the sunroof and deployable running boards and it's amazing, And I paid LESS than your current offer. I ordered my truck to my exact specs nothing more/nothing less. It took a while but I was willing to wait. If you like a heated steering wheel, then you must have it. DO NOT spend all of that hard earned cash on a vehicle that doesn't have what you want. Do some shopping around. The dealer is willing to throw in a $100 option on an 80k truck?? wow, how generous! Good luck my man!

Voice of reason. MY gut is telling me order custom - or dealer needs to move on their price. Ty for the response. I did the costo invoice price check. Invoice estimated around 73k. So from what I have read. They have plenty of buffer left in their sale.

Voice of reason. MY gut is telling me order custom - or dealer needs to move on their price. Ty for the response. I did the costo invoice price check. Invoice estimated around 73k. So from what I have read. They have plenty of buffer left in their sale.
It is nice to get it right away, but there are so many options and colors to choose from. The wait will kill you. Trust me we have all been though it. Longest wait ever. Covid supply delays .......... But the joy of the delivery day is the best.

Denali, take a breath. You're like me, you need it now!!! I was in the same position over the summer, but realized if I was going to spend all that money it needed to be exactly what I wanted. This isn't some gadget you really don't need off amazon prime, this is a pricey truck. I agree with PapaRaptor, the wait is rough, but worth it. It does seem as if the '21 orders are going through faster. I waited just under three months. Also, it looks like you are doing a trade in. can you get more for it somewhere else? I got just below invoice for mine, I've read some have done better than that.

Thats a good point as well. See if Carmax will offer more even... Well, Stay tuned, good thing I am a patient man.

I'd order, unless you are really in a pinch and need something right now. It's nice to get it spec'd out exactly how you want it.

That truck does have heated steering wheel, it is part of the rain sensing wipers package that cost $165. If the rest of the features are what you want then buy that one otherwise make an order and play the waiting game. In terms of cost, it doesn't look like you are getting much of any type of deal.

Thats a good point as well. See if Carmax will offer more even... Well, Stay tuned, good thing I am a patient man.
Carmax sucks. I actually had a dealer offer me about $1K more than Carmax. In the end I sold my truck ('18 F150) for almost $10K more than Carmax offered. If you order you'll have time to sell yourself (if you can payoff and get the title).

The possibility (and it's a long shot) is to order and in the time you're waiting try to get a PCO (private cash offer - search here for it if you're unfamiliar).

Finally, as for price. I ordered my F350 Tremor and got it at invoice minus half the dealer's holdback. They were not happy about it but finally did it. Here in Norcal there are lots of dealers and they all want to move inventory to get more inventory. Good luck!

Carmax sucks. I actually had a dealer offer me about $1K more than Carmax. In the end I sold my truck ('18 F150) for almost $10K more than Carmax offered. If you order you'll have time to sell yourself (if you can payoff and get the title).

The possibility (and it's a long shot) is to order and in the time you're waiting try to get a PCO (private cash offer - search here for it if you're unfamiliar).

Finally, as for price. I ordered my F350 Tremor and got it at invoice minus half the dealer's holdback. They were not happy about it but finally did it. Here in Norcal there are lots of dealers and they all want to move inventory to get more inventory. Good luck!
What dealer was this?

Thanks for all the feed back. Seems like the order and wait game might be the way to go. I have zero exp with this. But ill test the waters at some of the local dealers.

Thanks for all the feed back. Seems like the order and wait game might be the way to go. I have zero exp with this. But ill test the waters at some of the local dealers.
I think you'll have the best luck on pricing going that route UNLESS you find a '20 on the lot that for some reason they can't move and it meets your criteria. That's a long shot.

Keep in mind that even tho relatively rare the Tremor is still a commodity vehicle - Ford will produce as many of them as the public demands. It's not like a limited production Porsche GT car or Ferrari or some other unicorn. Do your build, research what price you want and what kind of discount you expect and will live with. I knew if I stuck to my guns and shopped around I could get invoice minus half of hold-back. I really wanted to eat all the holdback but decided the extra time of trying to find a dealer that would do that wasn't worth the effort.

As a reference this THREAD on an F-150 forum has an amazing amount of information but it's incredibly long. The main contributor, toptobottom, talks about how to go about negotiating, has a pricing spreadsheet and goes over Ford pricing and discounts. If nothing else it makes for an entertaining read on a lazy day.

Last few things - make sure you get the negotiated price in writing, on the order sheet with a signature of yours and put down a deposit ($500 is enough). At least here in Cali that $500 is fully refundable under law, not sure in your state. It at least shows you're serious and you've spoken for that truck with $s. Also - any manuf rebates in effect when your truck arrives you can use. Same with PCO. Same with financing. If you want to do an extended warranty don't include in the upfront negotiation, do it when you finally but the truck but look at Flood Ford first. I've purchased 2 Ford extended warranties from them - they can't be beat on price. At least I've never found a better price.

Good luck!

This is a very similar boat I am in. I have been on the edge of buying a new truck for literally months. Currently in a ram 2500 with 6.4 and when I heard about 7.3 and tremor package I was pretty well in. Then like everyone else has said covid is here and I decided to hang tight for a bit.
Because there are basically zero for rebates out there and I have ability to use x plan I was leaning to the order side as well, but just tonight I stumbled across a truck that is very close to what I have built really just a few options away and a couple I wouldn’t have put in but it is little over an hour away so waiting to hear back from them to see if there is some crazy deal. It is a 2020 and it looks to have been on their lot for about 45 days, so maybe... If not I think I will go with ordering, though have never done it.

I bought off a lot. If I could go back and do it again, I'd order exactly what I want. At the time I was mistakenly under the impression that ordering meant paying MSRP. We have a dealer here in Texas that will reliably sell you an order for $1k under invoice (8% off MSRP?). Stack on extra discounts and maybe get a 2500+ PCO.

Dealers will push the false scarcity thing as far as they can. Don't fall for it.

Last edited:
Order exactly what you want.

I knew there was a reason I joined this forum. Thank you for all the solid feed back. For me, this truck would serve the purpose I intend it too. I just can not buy at MSRP off principal. I have been playing with the Costco Auto Program site building trucks. There are a few options I would like to have. Thank you all again.

I knew there was a reason I joined this forum. Thank you for all the solid feed back. For me, this truck would serve the purpose I intend it too. I just can not buy at MSRP off principal. I have been playing with the Costco Auto Program site building trucks. There are a few options I would like to have. Thank you all again.
You got it my man! Good luck and let us all know what happens........

One small tip if you order out a new Tremor SD.

Ask the dealer ( probably the sales manager) if they have an allocation for a Super Duty ( SD ) If they do you will probably be able to order one and deliver it within 60 days or less. If they need to sell more putt putt cars to make a quota ( for an allocation for a SD) then you are going to wait weeks or months. Also ask if they can bump the priority code up 10 is the lowest, most are 19. That could save you a few weeks. Most of us that ordered did not put much deposit on the order out, $500.00 tops.
Most here got at invoice or below invoice. They will show you the invoice. There are still rebates that will be deducted from the invoice cost.

Spend some time on the site building different models, KR, XLT, Lariat,Platium, you may find an option you want.

good luck.

Greetings all! Ive been reading the forums for a while now. Cant get the though of owning a Tremor out of my head. I started reaching out to dealerships. This is the only offer I have been able to entertain to date. I am not sure if its a fair deal. I was hoping someone could look it over. The dealer is pretty in-flexible, I asked for an accessory or two ( tonneau cover floor mats) was met with resistance on the cover but they did agree to throw in the floor mats. The only option I would be missing personally is the lack of a heated steering wheel, I really like that feature in my current truck now. I am wondering if I should just factory order or dose this seem like a reasonable offer?

Here is link to the Web site. ( https://www.saffordford.com/api/inventory/GetStickers/?sv=MQBGAFQAOABXADIAQgBUADEATQBFAEMAMAA0ADIANwAxAA==&make=Ford&dealerCode=07887&loc=Vdp&cguid=SH-a3783b51-8ffe-70e8-2d83-c037cd142866)
Welcome brother man. I'd go the 2021 route. This forum showed me how to get an X Plan pin. No dicking around. straight up price. Try this first though before going X Plan Route.
Call a few dealers and say I'm interested in a Tremor build and can they do invoice. If they say yes call another dealer and say can you go below invoice and that i have a dealer willing to give me invoice pricing. See if they can go 1000$ below invoice
I went the X Plan route which was 300$ above invoice. If you are interested in X PLan, go to Mustang Club Of America on line. Enroll by paying 25$ and instantly I got a X Plan Pin. I already ordered a 2021 F350 Platinum Tremor with every option including the winch. MSRP 93,800$. i had an agreed upon price of 3200$ off. but then 2 days later i called and gave them my X Plan Pin # and i got 5,200$ off for 88,600$. BUT I GOT DICKED OVER BY NOT HAVING MY ORDER PULLED QUICKLY. It may have been that I came back with that X Pin after signing an agreement.
I Ordered 8/24 and my build date is 11/30. Someone here ordered theres on 10/15 and build date 10/26 and they picked it up last week. Not sure but I think got it for invoice.
One more thing go F350 over F250. Same truck 1000$ MORE BUT IT HAS A HIGHER TOW STICKER AND BETTER RESALE Lots of talks on F250-350 route. I ordered a F250 then changed it to a F350 after everyones advice.
Also get as many features as you can pay for. You wont regret it and cheaper to have the options put on now. Some options can not be added after market. So many wise dudes on this forum all wanting to help a brother out. Best of luck my man. Let us know what you decide to do. :cool: ? ✌ ? ???
Don

Back