Service

Pompey

Tremor Addict
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2018 Subaru Outback
Current Ride #2
1999 Subaru WRX Club Spec Evo 3
This is a question aimed not just on your Tremor, but any vehicles you own.

How often do you change your engine oil? Or do you just keep topping up the oil if the oil level gets low?

With this being my second 6.7l powerstroke, for me personally, I change the oil once every 6 months (change myself), but I only put on about 5,000 miles on it during this time. I also run full synthetic Shell T6 motor oil with Motorcraft filter. During this time the oil change monitor never comes on. I have never had to add any oil to any of my powerstrokes during ownership.

I follow the oil change guidelines (7,500 miles or 6 months) in the the owner's manual for my 6.2l V8 in my E350, which is dealer maintained. Never had to add any oil between changes.

my F150 with 147k miles i do every 3k miles my jeep with 434k miles also 3k miles and the F350 with 6.7 until i get to 100k i am doing 5k to 7.5k miles then to 3k to 5k miles

On my 6.2 Raptor I do my oil every 6-7k miles, always full synthetic with ford racing filters. Ford the 6.7 I do it every 6,000 miles with Motorcraft or Rotella full synthetic. I also do my fuel filter and water separator every oil change since my fuel isn't the cleanest and sometimes has a little water.

Back