Sending Truck Back to Dealer? Truck Order Gone Wrong - F350 11400 GVWR Package

What did your print out say from you order? They should have printed your order for you when they placed the order with Ford.

Last edited:
What did your print out say from you order? They should have printed your order for you when they placed the order with Ford.
Never got an order sheet. I emailed them a print out of what I built on Ford.com, paid $50 and they ordered the wrong truck.

Never got an order sheet. I emailed them a print out of what I built on Ford.com, paid $50 and they ordered the wrong truck.
What did they say when you took your email printout to them? I’m surprised you missed it as the weight order is right in the sticker on the side window.

Ok......check this out. I know it might not seem pertinent by the title.....but at about the 4:30 mark, they go over how they change the load rating sticker, etc on trucks they mod. The point is that it must not be a hard process, and this dealer is doing it. You might want to give them a call and see if they can offer any suggestions on how to get this done.

What did they say when you took your email printout to them? I’m surprised you missed it as the weight order is right in the sticker on the side window.

They didn't deny what i asked for...the just said it couldn't be done and thats why i got an 11500.
The long story short with the truck is that i was more focused on surprising my wife the day of buying the truck than i was on what I got. I usually pour over the details, which is why I ordered an 11400 on my own doing, but I slipped up, got excited and didn't pay attention. Won't happen again.

Ok......check this out. I know it might not seem pertinent by the title.....but at about the 4:30 mark, they go over how they change the load rating sticker, etc on trucks they mod. The point is that it must not be a hard process, and this dealer is doing it. You might want to give them a call and see if they can offer any suggestions on how to get this done.

Thanks for the video, it's interesting what they have to say.
I can derate the truck to 10000 and be ok, but then i'm stuck at 10000. I bought a 350 for gooseneck/5th wheel purpose in mind and don't want that limitation. Also, declaring 10000 requires that you do not use the vehicle in commerce....you don't want 11500 in CA or NY, you want 11400.

They didn't deny what i asked for...the just said it couldn't be done and thats why i got an 11500.
The long story short with the truck is that i was more focused on surprising my wife the day of buying the truck than i was on what I got. I usually pour over the details, which is why I ordered an 11400 on my own doing, but I slipped up, got excited and didn't pay attention. Won't happen again.

I can derate the truck to 10000 and be ok, but then i'm stuck at 10000. I bought a 350 for gooseneck/5th wheel purpose in mind and don't want that limitation. Also, declaring 10000 requires that you do not use the vehicle in commerce....you don't want 11500 in CA or NY, you want 11400.
When did they say they could not order it? When they ordered or when it came in. If they waited that’s on them.

I believe mine is coming with the 11,400 rating but if it is a 11,500 there are two chances some damn DMV sticker is going on the side of my $100K truck. The same two chances apply to my stopping at truck scales.

$100K Tremor! Wow! What options did you order to push it up north of $100K?

I understand what you want, and thought this might help since this dealer is installing new weight stickers after they mod, so it seems possible.

Is the situation now that the dealer defaulted you to 11500 instead of 11300 since you couldn't get 11400 for some reason? I don't see any exclusion for the 11400 pkg 68L whether or not the truck is diesel or gas on the order guide. I haven't checked the build your own on the Ford site since that has issues.

Will California let you derate to 11400 or 11300? You shouldn't have to go all the way back to 10k.

I understand what you want, and thought this might help since this dealer is installing new weight stickers after they mod, so it seems possible.

Is the situation now that the dealer defaulted you to 11500 instead of 11300 since you couldn't get 11400 for some reason? I don't see any exclusion for the 11400 pkg 68L whether or not the truck is diesel or gas on the order guide. I haven't checked the build your own on the Ford site since that has issues.

Will California let you derate to 11400 or 11300? You shouldn't have to go all the way back to 10k.
CA DMV only accepts exceptions based on the dealers Manufacturer Statement of Origin (MSO)
CA absolutely allows an 11400 derate, you get all the F350 -100lbs of payload (GVWR)
11300 is only on the gasser, I ordered a 6.7 diesel.

UPDATE 4/7:

Truck has been returned to the dealer. Does that make me the shortest duration tremor owner in the club? 7 Days.
I'm sick to my stomach, and it was very hard to do with a truck I waited since December 6th for and surprised my wife with...but I feel like it was the right call.

CA is a B*TCH to deal with but the manufactures make ways to get around these laws like the 68L package. In my case, i had a very nice salesperson, a very incompetent fleet manager and inventory manager who were not willing to admit they were wrong.
I'm glad they took the truck back, it was the right thing to do and they didn't have to do it.

I expected more today. I expected something along the lines of the owner I keep hearing about coming in and saying "we know how to make this right, were going to get you a '22 with 68L package and we're going to give it to you at the best price you could ever get" ...I didn't get that, i got a lackluster response from the salesman saying "let us know if you want to order another truck, we'll give you the x-plan even tho we aren't doing that for anyone because we can get $5k over MSRP"

I owe a big thank you to @soop who turned me on to another dealer that's within 2hrs of me. I spoke with the salesperson he recommended and they're going to order me the right '22 with the 68L...and whatever else I request...and honor x plan because of what has happened to me. I'm putting my order together tonight...

I think I might add wheel well liners and mud flaps... might delete the winch since i really don't want them messing with my truck anyway.

I appreciate the helpful feedback so many of you provided. I'm working on tremor 2.0.

UPDATE 4/7:

Truck has been returned to the dealer. Does that make me the shortest duration tremor owner in the club? 7 Days.
I'm sick to my stomach, and it was very hard to do with a truck I waited since December 6th for and surprised my wife with...but I feel like it was the right call.

CA is a B*TCH to deal with but the manufactures make ways to get around these laws like the 68L package. In my case, i had a very nice salesperson, a very incompetent fleet manager and inventory manager who were not willing to admit they were wrong.
I'm glad they took the truck back, it was the right thing to do and they didn't have to do it.

I expected more today. I expected something along the lines of the owner I keep hearing about coming in and saying "we know how to make this right, were going to get you a '22 with 68L package and we're going to give it to you at the best price you could ever get" ...I didn't get that, i got a lackluster response from the salesman saying "let us know if you want to order another truck, we'll give you the x-plan even tho we aren't doing that for anyone because we can get $5k over MSRP"

I owe a big thank you to @soop who turned me on to another dealer that's within 2hrs of me. I spoke with the salesperson he recommended and they're going to order me the right '22 with the 68L...and whatever else I request...and honor x plan because of what has happened to me. I'm putting my order together tonight...

I think I might add wheel well liners and mud flaps... might delete the winch since i really don't want them messing with my truck anyway.

I appreciate the helpful feedback so many of you provided. I'm working on tremor 2.0.
Looking forward to lusting over your 2022 at the next NorCal meetup! ?

UPDATE 4/7:

That sucks that you couldn't easily make this a paperwork shuffle and just derate the truck you had with a fee and piece of paper.

Sounds like the new dealer wants your business....not just today...but in the future.

Don't know if it matters to you, but you can get Husky well liners for cheaper than the factory ones.

Here's a link to the 2022 order guide if you don't have it already. I've printed out a bunch of copies of it and have been using highlighters to mark what I want and plan to take it to the dealer when I order so I don't miss anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
UPDATE 4/7:

Great news. I’m sure it’s been a headache to deal with, but you’re going to be much happier in the long run.

Back