SEIC (Stationary Elevated Idle Control) aka High Idle

paularchibald

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F350 XLT Tremor 7.3
I set up the High Idle on my 7.3 gas engine (It's the same for the 6.2 and 6.8 as well) and found most info out there was specific to the Diesel, so I thought I would post what I found to maybe help someone else. Some of the info is the same for the Diesel as well. The link below gives you all the info you will need it's Ford SVE Bulletin Q256R2
https://madocumentupload.marketinga...e66a6ffbd2061ce5a8aeef353584b2578e55&v5=False

For the Gas Motor if you want to use a resistor you will use Pins 9 (Green) & 18 (Yellow/Green) in the SEIC Customer access pigtail located behind the right kick panel, Just choose your resistor from the Gas engine chart.

I Chose to use a 5K potentiometer like below so I have adjustability, LA42DWQ-22 22mm 5K Ohm Variable Speed Drive Potentiometer Rotary Potentiometer Inverter Converter available on Amazon for $14.
1615248945035.png

If you go this route you will use Pin 18 (Yellow Green) on terminal 1, Pin 9 (Green) on terminal 2 and Pin 16 (Yellow/Violet) on terminal 3.
1615249282004.png

The 5k POT can be used on both the Gas or Diesel, the Diesel just uses pins 10 ( Yellow/Green) on terminal 1, 9 (Green) on terminal 2 and 6 (Grey/Violet) on terminal 3.
As you turn the potentiometer clockwise the RPM's will reduce.

Very cool. Thanks for the info. What do you use this for? Warming up in the winter?

Very cool. Thanks for the info. What do you use this for? Warming up in the winter?

One thing I really like about the 7.3 gas coming from a diesel is that it can warm the engine and stay warm at low idle, 600 rpm or so. Not sure what this would be used for on a gasser unless you needed more power for pto or alternator output.

One thing I really like about the 7.3 gas coming from a diesel is that it can warm the engine and stay warm at low idle, 600 rpm or so. Not sure what this would be used for on a gasser unless you needed more power for pto or alternator output.
I use it to increase the output of the alternator while using the winch

Latest Discussions

Back