Founding Member
Reaction Points
Military
Veteran USAF
Current Ride
2022 F250 Platinum Tremor 6.7L
First Responder
Retired Police
Hey guys, any suggestions for additional security or alarms for when my Tremor arrives? I was originally planning on using this truck as my go-to for back-country/trailhead access for multiple day/week backpacking trips. Completely rethinking this now that I see how coveted these trucks are. (F250 7.3L)
Has anyone installed the

FORD PERIMETER PLUS VEHICLE SECURITY SYSTEM?​

Looking for pros and cons. It sounds nice that it is plug and play and play using OEM connections. Any thoughts?

JHForman812

Tremor Fiend
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2022 lariat ultimate
Has anyone installed the

Looking for pros and cons. It sounds nice that it is plug and play and play using OEM connections. Any thoughts?

I thought that’s what we were discussing in this thread? I takes the factory alarm on the truck a full alarm. Shock sensor and all. I have it and I’m happy with it. There’s no full proof way to stop these trucks from being stolen. Just carry full coverage and sleep good.

Earl Bassett

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Military
Veteran USAF
Current Ride
2022 F250 Platinum Tremor 6.7L
First Responder
Retired Police
I thought that’s what we were discussing in this thread? I takes the factory alarm on the truck a full alarm. Shock sensor and all. I have it and I’m happy with it. There’s no full proof way to stop these trucks from being stolen. Just carry full coverage and sleep good.
Thanks.

Jasoncolorado

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2022 Ford F-250 Platinum Tremor
Make sure you turn on JUST the perimeter alarm when the dogs are in the truck. LOL ;)

Gus

Tremor Junkie
Reaction Points
I just purchased this system from a retailer in Estonia. I cannot find it for sale in the USA. It looks incredible in theory, and there's a YouTube channel - London Car Alarm Co - that uses these in many of their vehicles. I'm super impressed. I paid $233 for this system (Euro conversion). It has some incredible capabilities. I just need to find someone in the area that is comfortable and/or will install it for me.

For me, I use the remote start everyday. I want to maintain functionality of the car. I love the idea of the Revelco, but hate everything else about it

Did you get it installed & if so what do you think of it?

Gus

Tremor Junkie
Reaction Points
Has anyone installed the

I’m planning on using Ford points for this and have Ford install it at my next oil change

Vecman

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2022 F-350 Platinum Tremor
Current Ride #2
2021 Ranger Tremor
Did you get it installed & if so what do you think of it?
Not yet. Still waiting on some feedback about the wiring. It’s on the long list of to-do’s still

Reactions: Gus

Frazior

Non Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
22 F250 6.7 Platinum
Has anyone installed the

Yes, I installed it on my 22 F250. You must remove most of the center section of the dash but it is easy to do. I'd call it a 2 beer job. Oh, and it seems to work well too. You can adjust the sensitivity as needed, mine alerts on loud thunder and if you put the tailgate up with anything above a push.

prioinv

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
'22 F350 6.7 Tremor
If you (a) relocate the horn, and (b) install the perimeter plus, are you relatively covered assuming you are in fact parked where anyone around would give two flips about the horn going off? Or do the smash and grab asshats not care about the attention?

JHForman812

Tremor Fiend
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2022 lariat ultimate
If you (a) relocate the horn, and (b) install the perimeter plus, are you relatively covered assuming you are in fact parked where anyone around would give two flips about the horn going off? Or do the smash and grab asshats not care about the attention?
this day and age they dont care, nobody is going to stop them. People dont want to get involved. or they will take out their phone and video it hoping to get a viral video.

weatherherk

Tremor Fiend
Reaction Points
Military
Air Force
Current Ride
2022 F 250 Tremor 7.3
Hey guys, any suggestions for additional security or alarms for when my Tremor arrives? I was originally planning on using this truck as my go-to for back-country/trailhead access for multiple day/week backpacking trips. Completely rethinking this now that I see how coveted these trucks are. (F250 7.3L)
hide a airtag in it someplace...very effective

Gus

Tremor Junkie
Reaction Points
Yes, I installed it on my 22 F250. You must remove most of the center section of the dash but it is easy to do. I'd call it a 2 beer job. Oh, and it seems to work well too. You can adjust the sensitivity as needed, mine alerts on loud thunder and if you put the tailgate up with anything above a push.

How do you adjust the sensitivity?

Going to have the dealer install it

Gus

Tremor Junkie
Reaction Points
this day and age they dont care, nobody is going to stop them. People dont want to get involved. or they will take out their phone and video it hoping to get a viral video.

True but at the same time if the vehicle has a kill switch and lots of funky loud noises when people start videoing it hopefully you will get pictures of the mutts trying to steal things

StrokinOut

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
You can adjust the sensitivity as needed, mine alerts on loud thunder and if you put the tailgate up with anything above a push.

I have been wondering about that. So no more dropping the tailgate with the fob without first unlocking the truck I guess. When you, or anyone else with the perimeter plus are setting the sensitivity, how are you going about it, banging on the bumper progressively harder until satisfied?

JHForman812

Tremor Fiend
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2022 lariat ultimate
I have been wondering about that. So no more dropping the tailgate with the fob without first unlocking the truck I guess. When you, or anyone else with the perimeter plus are setting the sensitivity, how are you going about it, banging on the bumper progressively harder until satisfied?
I use the glass as my test for sensitivity.

Potato Wilson

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 Latiat, 6.7
First Responder
Sheriff's Posse
I looked into the PERIMETER PLUS upgrade at my dealer today… I can order the parts for $235, but they seemed to be guessing about install, and finally quoted me 3 hours at almost $600. They indicated it needs programming. I’m terrible with plastic stuff and electronics, but $600 seems like the shaft from the dealer, am I wrong?

Gus

Tremor Junkie
Reaction Points
Looking at getting a aftermarket alarm installed and it’s about $2,300

Fishieflakes

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
Maz3
First Responder
Y
I looked into the PERIMETER PLUS upgrade at my dealer today… I can order the parts for $235, but they seemed to be guessing about install, and finally quoted me 3 hours at almost $600. They indicated it needs programming. I’m terrible with plastic stuff and electronics, but $600 seems like the shaft from the dealer, am I wrong?

Seems abit much but it’s the dealer for you.. I am also looking into getting that as well but will probably go aftermarket

Latest Discussions