Security and Alarms

dew34

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 tremor
Lol that trunk monkey stuff cracks me up ! I have had the KN1Z-19A361-A in 2 different SD trucks a 19 lariat and 21 tremor xlt works great in both trucks it has a sensitivity adjust for the shock sensor , sends alerts to my phone if it is set off . the install was simple plugs in to the obd with a piggy back harness ,the only real issue i had was no install instructions come with them .I searched the internet and found some . There is a ford tech on here that might be able to supply them , also don't forget to get the red led light that plugs into the alarm box that flashes when the alarm is activated . The led comes with a harness DM5Z-19D596 -A

Jericho

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Military
Veteran
Current Ride
2021 Lariat Tremor 7.3L
Lol that trunk monkey stuff cracks me up ! I have had the KN1Z-19A361-A in 2 different SD trucks a 19 lariat and 21 tremor xlt works great in both trucks it has a sensitivity adjust for the shock sensor , sends alerts to my phone if it is set off . the install was simple plugs in to the obd with a piggy back harness ,the only real issue i had was no install instructions come with them .I searched the internet and found some . There is a ford tech on here that might be able to supply them , also don't forget to get the red led light that plugs into the alarm box that flashes when the alarm is activated . The led comes with a harness DM5Z-19D596 -A

I've seen it installed behind the glove box, but it was on a F150 Sync 4, so I do not expect the process is that same, but that would be an excellent install location. Question though: When you all power down your truck, do you get the security prompt that asks if you want 'perimeter sensors' or 'all sensors'? I usually select 'all', or I don't select anything.

Honestly, I don't like being asked every damned time - like the reverse assist prompt... Why aren't they persistent selections?

Anyway, let me know if you receive that message on your cluster after turning off the ignition.

BroncoHooves

Center Console Unbolter
Tremor R&D 🧰
Reaction Points
Military
Former USAF
Current Ride
'22 F350 6.7L Lariat
I've seen it installed behind the glove box, but it was on a F150 Sync 4, so I do not expect the process is that same, but that would be an excellent install location. Question though: When you all power down your truck, do you get the security prompt that asks if you want 'perimeter sensors' or 'all sensors'? I usually select 'all', or I don't select anything.

Honestly, I don't like being asked every damned time - like the reverse assist prompt... Why aren't they persistent selections?

Anyway, let me know if you receive that message on your cluster after turning off the ignition.
I was also annoyed with this, so I unplugged the overhead console ultrasonic sensors since they're too sensitive and would trip with insects. Now I don't get an annoying prompt everytime since I just have it set to 'All' in the instrument cluster settings.

Jericho

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Military
Veteran
Current Ride
2021 Lariat Tremor 7.3L
I was also annoyed with this, so I unplugged the overhead console ultrasonic sensors since they're too sensitive and would trip with insects. Now I don't get an annoying prompt everytime since I just have it set to 'All' in the instrument cluster settings.

Ah, so the perimeter sensor prompt is for those lenses in the upper console. I was curious, of course, because of the perimeter plus module we were discussing. My Russian friend was flaky today, so we didn't make progress on our project - consequently I did not tear into my dash early today as I expected.

Side topic: does anyone know how to disable the constant prompts for reverse assist and sensor selection after power off?

BroncoHooves

Center Console Unbolter
Tremor R&D 🧰
Reaction Points
Military
Former USAF
Current Ride
'22 F350 6.7L Lariat
Ah, so the perimeter sensor prompt is for those lenses in the upper console. I was curious, of course, because of the perimeter plus module we were discussing. My Russian friend was flaky today, so we didn't make progress on our project - consequently I did not tear into my dash early today as I expected.

Side topic: does anyone know how to disable the constant prompts for reverse assist and sensor selection after power off?
Perimeter only doesn't include the overhead console ones. By setting it to 'All' in the instrument cluster, you prevent this prompt from ever appearing (love this) This is why I had to unplug that module since I despise the overhead console sensors.

Last edited:

BroncoHooves

Center Console Unbolter
Tremor R&D 🧰
Reaction Points
Military
Former USAF
Current Ride
'22 F350 6.7L Lariat
@Jericho 4 pics, in order, showing how to access the settings page of interest:

xsUAqRg.jpg

esnBmPh.jpg

7qW1C9i.jpg

fXnj6Ot.jpg

dew34

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 tremor

Both my trucks have that message before and after install ,I leave it at what ever its set at , as for mounting the box it has the shock sensor inside the unit you really do not want to put it in a place that might insulate it . Mine is set that a really loud thunder will give a warning horn beep , but the vibrations from my mower if i get to close will set it off or if you hit the window hard enough .

Jericho

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Military
Veteran
Current Ride
2021 Lariat Tremor 7.3L
4 pics, in order, showing how to access the settings page of interest:

THANK YOU.

Just disabled it. Is there a way to disable the constant reverse assist prompt?

BroncoHooves

Center Console Unbolter
Tremor R&D 🧰
Reaction Points
Military
Former USAF
Current Ride
'22 F350 6.7L Lariat
THANK YOU.

Just disabled it. Is there a way to disable the constant reverse assist prompt?
Just to confirm, you selected the "All Sensors Active" option, right? That's the only way to get rid of it.

For the reverse assist, I'm not sure on that one or if it's a Forscan thing. In the first pic I posted, there's a check mark for "Rear Park Aid" is all.

rdz418

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Military
Army
Current Ride
2022 Ford F-250 Tremor Carbonized Gray Lariat
First Responder
Police - retired
I used this, when I had my Raptor. As I don't have my truck yet (close, but no cigar), can anyone tell me if this would work?

Himni

Tremoraholic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 F-350 Lariat Tremor 6.7
I used this, when I had my Raptor. As I don't have my truck yet (close, but no cigar), can anyone tell me if this would work?

I think it would. I’ll look when I go to install my module since I like the idea of that bracket.

Jericho

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Military
Veteran
Current Ride
2021 Lariat Tremor 7.3L

I like that design, the mount will naturally amplify the vibration whereas the tie-wrap installs I've seen act as natural dampeners. When I install this, I'll employ this mount as well. This thread is like Christmas for Jericho...

dew34

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 tremor

I just copied that bracket , they were out of stock when I was looking for one so I just made one out of 3/16 aluminum

Himni

Tremoraholic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 F-350 Lariat Tremor 6.7
I just finished up installing the shock sensor module and can confirm it works. I haven’t gotten the Baja bracket yet but I’m fairly certain it will fit the 21s. Until I get the bracket I just zip tied it the the existing module next to where the bracket mounts. I’ll post photos after I get the bracket and install it.

To program/activate it the instructions are spot on. If you have the push button start you may have to let it start the first push then release the brake pedal after shutting it off and then continue the rest of the presses. I tried being fast before it starts but it didn’t work.

I started with the sensitivity at 50% and the alarm went off practically by just looking at the truck. I lowered it to about 25% and it seems good but I’ll fine tune it as it sees different scenarios.

Ford pass app tells you what set the alarm off whether it’s the shock sensor or something else.

Also Fairway Ford was super fast with the shipping as I just ordered it yesterday morning. I’m pretty close only 90 or so minutes but that’s still fast.

A802BFE0-6B6D-4C6C-8A44-501583C8F801.jpeg

weatherherk

Tremor Fiend
Reaction Points
Military
Air Force
Current Ride
2022 F 250 Tremor 7.3
Hey guys, any suggestions for additional security or alarms for when my Tremor arrives? I was originally planning on using this truck as my go-to for back-country/trailhead access for multiple day/week backpacking trips. Completely rethinking this now that I see how coveted these trucks are. (F250 7.3L)
there's been a rise in break ins around trail heads in the NC area of the Smokey mountains....not sure the best alarm system would do you any good there

Jericho

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Military
Veteran
Current Ride
2021 Lariat Tremor 7.3L
there's been a rise in break ins around trail heads in the NC area of the Smokey mountains....not sure the best alarm system would do you any good there

Which is why we were discussing vehicular security earlier in the thread, the perimeter plus is simply an alarm enhancement that was shared later on.

OP
OP
HotToddy

HotToddy

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2013 Ford F-150 Platinum Crew 4X4 3.5L Ecoboost Twin Turbo
Current Ride #2
1995 F150 XLT Eddie Bauer
Yeah, my next trip is along the Texas border 😳 thinking I’ll bring the 95 that doesn’t start after it’s been sitting a few days 😆 and just bring jumper cables.

I’m thinking the trunk monkey is a good call for my last resort. I love those videos. The daughter on the date is my fav