Schematic or wiring information for in bed outlets

Apparition

Tremor Addict
Reaction Points
Current Ride
Mach 1
Current Ride #2
2 X Wrangler LJ's
Wondering if anyone has the wiring info for the outlets in the bed?

I currently run a dometic fridge in my F150 wired all the way to the battery. I'd like to run it to one of the trailer plugs in the bed of my Tremor, which is on order. If I had it I'd check them with a multimeter.

Figured I'd ask before scouring the internet.

I dont have an answer on how much the trailer plug power is, but what i can say is that it will not work when you are in park. I have tested it to work when in drive.

If you want it to work when the truck is off, I would wire it directly to upfitter 5 or 6 or to the battery.

I wouldn’t expect the outlet to be wired for carry sufficient amperage for a fridge anyway.

I’d just run a new conductor with a nice fuse and be done. Alternatively use an upfitter switch.

I dont have an answer on how much the trailer plug power is, but what i can say is that it will not work when you are in park. I have tested it to work when in drive.

If you want it to work when the truck is off, I would wire it directly to upfitter 5 or 6 or to the battery.
Hadn't even considered wiring to the upfitter switches. I may do that and then have a plug that I can swap to other items if needed when not using the fridge.

I wouldn’t expect the outlet to be wired for carry sufficient amperage for a fridge anyway.

I’d just run a new conductor with a nice fuse and be done. Alternatively use an upfitter switch.
Amperage is 7 amps or less, barely runs if it's already cold. But it's something I need to look at.

Yeah that’s my plan as well, a “bed power” circuit routed back there for various uses. Terminate with a nice weather pack connector so it’s weatherproof.

Be cool if you could integrate a 2KW inverter in the circuit to get 120V, I may look into that...

I believe there's upwards of 15a available o nthe 7-way charging circuit. I've used a 7-way to cig lighter adapter to run my powered cooler with no issue but not sure if it would work with your fridge.

That’s perfect. I can run the fridge from the cig lighter in my LJ so this should be what I need.

Thanks

One issue I did forget to mention...

The 7-way plug is sometimes too smart for it's own good. When the '17s came out lots of guys had issues getting power out of the circuit if it didn't detect resistance on the trailer brake. This was quite an issue with us truck camper guys. No idea if it's still an issue with the 2020 as I haven't had my camper on yet. Some had to add a 'fooler' plug to get power out of it.

One issue I did forget to mention...

The 7-way plug is sometimes too smart for it's own good. When the '17s came out lots of guys had issues getting power out of the circuit if it didn't detect resistance on the trailer brake. This was quite an issue with us truck camper guys. No idea if it's still an issue with the 2020 as I haven't had my camper on yet. Some had to add a 'fooler' plug to get power out of it.
I did see that mentioned I’ll figure it out if it’s an issue. Thanks for the heads up.

Back