Scheduled build dates getting pushed back…

Tucsontremor

Tremor Junkie
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2015 F150
Wondering if some of you with scheduled build dates getting pushed back or guys that have received their trucks already, but got pushed back during the wait can answer this question for me. Or maybe we can identify a trend…

Needless to say, I’m excited to finally get a scheduled build date. Ordered on 3/29 and got my build date a week ago. Scheduled to day 10/12. Checked with my sales guy today and it’s still on for the same day, so I’m 11 days away. As this date approaches, I’m keeping my fingers crossed that it stays and doesn’t get pushed back.

To those of you who have been delayed, how many weeks or days before your scheduled build week were you notified of the delay? Is it normally weeks before that you find out? Or can it be a matter of days before and it gets bumped? Is there a point where the build date gets close enough that it’s guaranteed to go through and won’t get pushed?

Wondering if some of you with scheduled build dates getting pushed back or guys that have received their trucks already, but got pushed back during the wait can answer this question for me. Or maybe we can identify a trend…

Needless to say, I’m excited to finally get a scheduled build date. Ordered on 3/29 and got my build date a week ago. Scheduled to day 10/12. Checked with my sales guy today and it’s still on for the same day, so I’m 11 days away. As this date approaches, I’m keeping my fingers crossed that it stays and doesn’t get pushed back.

To those of you who have been delayed, how many weeks or days before your scheduled build week were you notified of the delay? Is it normally weeks before that you find out? Or can it be a matter of days before and it gets bumped? Is there a point where the build date gets close enough that it’s guaranteed to go through and won’t get pushed?
So your saying it’s been 7 months? Is it a 21 or 22 your ordered? What part of the country are you in, is your dealer small?

Yes, it’s a ‘22. Tucson, Arizona. Small local dealer. Not complaining about the wait time. It is what it is. It was a tough wait but it’s finally here. Or at least close.

My curiosity is on the delays in builds and how far out from the scheduled build date those delays normally happen. I know you have visibility of your window sticker a few days before your truck is built. Has anyone been bumped after they got their window sticker?

Last edited:
Yes, it’s a ‘22. Tucson, Arizona. Small local dealer. Not complaining about the wait time. It is what it is. It was a tough wait but it’s finally here. Or at least close.

My curiosity is on the delays in builds and how far out from the scheduled build date those delays normally happen. I know you have visibility of your window sticker a few days before your truck is built. Has anyone been bumped after they got their window sticker?
That’s insane, good luck with your beast!

I read here somewhere the other day one was bought I believed mid August and has already been delivered. I placed a order for a buddy on Monday. Interested to see how long it takes.

I ordered mine in January and had it in March

I order mine on 9/9 and have heard nothing. I know some guys have waited longer. Got my dealer to change priority from 19 to 10, not sure if it will help.

It’s been a hell of a wait!

DCFFF3CB-4D4A-4784-8DA2-553A05898F3B.jpeg

I order mine on 9/9 and have heard nothing. I know some guys have waited longer. Got my dealer to change priority from 19 to 10, not sure if it will help.
Be interesting to hear when yours get picked up in the system. What part of the country you in?

I should clarify, those of you who received scheduled build weeks (or days)…. How far out before you were scheduled did you find out that your build week got pushed back? Has anyone come within days of being built to find out it got delayed? The reason I ask is that I’m 11 days out from being built and I sure hope that the 7 month wait doesn’t become longer. I’m going to tell myself🤞🏻 that I’m beyond the point of getting pushed back and it’s going to happen. Just trying to stay positive after a long, deflating 7 months. The buzz is back!

I might not be asking my question right… I’m not asking about the time in between when you ordered and when you got a build schedule. Some of us wait 7 months, some wait a few days.

I should clarify, those of you who received scheduled build weeks (or days)…. How far out before you were scheduled did you find out that your build week got pushed back? Has anyone come within days of being built to find out it got delayed? The reason I ask is that I’m 11 days out from being built and I sure hope that the 7 month wait doesn’t become longer. I’m going to tell myself🤞🏻 that I’m beyond the point of getting pushed back and it’s going to happen. Just trying to stay positive after a long, deflating 7 months. The buzz is back!

I might not be asking my question right… I’m not asking about the time in between when you ordered and when you got a build schedule. Some of us wait 7 months, some wait a few days.

I’ve been bumped out 5 times on my first order due to AS. I’ve never made it within the same month of the build date/week. Mine have all been sent a month before. I actually got the email last night bumping me from 11/8 to 12/6.

I’ve been bumped out 5 times on my first order due to AS. I’ve never made it within the same month of the build date/week. Mine have all been sent a month before. I actually got the email last night bumping me from 11/8 to 12/6.
Interesting. Thanks for sharing. Makes me more optimistic this will stick for mine. Hopefully yours doesn’t move again. It’s painful.

Recommend you enter your info and watch it on the tracking spreadsheet. You will need your VIN and order number. You will see other trucks like yours progress through the system and it will give you a better idea of the process. It will answer many of your questions. Several members on this forum that are in the process of procuring new trucks are on the spreadsheet. Check it out at https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1667293-2022-tracking-spreadsheet.html.

Recommend you enter your info and watch it on the tracking spreadsheet. You will need your VIN and order number. You will see other trucks like yours progress through the system and it will give you a better idea of the process. It will answer many of your questions. Several members on this forum that are in the process of procuring new trucks are on the spreadsheet. Check it out at https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1667293-2022-tracking-spreadsheet.html.
Thank you. I saw this spreadsheet earlier, but didn’t know how to upload to it. Got it now and just submitted my info. What does “sent to plant” mean? Haven’t heard that one before. Maybe the day your order was scheduled to be built?

Thank you. I saw this spreadsheet earlier, but didn’t know how to upload to it. Got it now and just submitted my info. What does “sent to plant” mean? Haven’t heard that one before. Maybe the day your order was scheduled to be built?
That means your vehicle is officially in production. on the average, your order will hit the line in 6 to 8 days of that date.

This is great info thank you for this.

Looks as if now the spreadsheet is no longer active

NOTICE
As of 12/3/21, Ford made changes to the customer data server which cut off access to outside users.
This has rendered the spreadsheet inoperable. It seems unlikely that the data feed will be restored.
It has been a pleasure building and maintaing this spreadsheet, and getting to know some of you.
If the data should be restored, or if a work-around is discovered, I will restore the spreadsheet. In the meantime, best wishes with your new truck.
-PhoenixFla

Last edited:
Back