20201115_162505.jpg
20201115_162430.jpg
20201115_162438.jpg
20201115_162450.jpg

Attachments

• 20201115_162505.jpg
    20201115_162505.jpg
    285.8 KB · Views: 21
Is the sleeve in the first pic supposed to be wrapped in like that? When the dealership gave me my truck they had the sleeve in the center console cubby and I couldn't find anything in the manual about it. I assume it's to protect the rope? Any thoughts? It's not heavy enough to act as a blanket.

Is the sleeve in the first pic supposed to be wrapped in like that? When the dealership gave me my truck they had the sleeve in the center console cubby and I couldn't find anything in the manual about it. I assume it's to protect the rope? Any thoughts? It's not heavy enough to act as a blanket.
IDK. I just took photo. First truck with winch that I've seen.

I just noticed - it looks like they just stuck the plate on the front (with the winch there is no way to mount it directly to the truck) and they also removed the black covers around the lugs. I actually kinda like it with them gone. :)

IDK. I just took photo. First truck with winch that I've seen.

The winch is a dealer installed item. It ships separately, even though it has to be ordered with the truck.

Just noticed the Ford oval is Blue, Mine are all black. must be a sport thing
I thought it was a Tremor thing. its a big emblem and really stands out on the Chrome with the Blue

I think you’re right it’s probably to keep the rope from getting cut or damaged also sun damage ??

I think you’re right it’s probably to keep the rope from getting cut or damaged also sun damage ??

You are spot on. It is supposed to live on the rope, not in the console. If pulling a line over a rock, logs, anything that could abrade the line, it is for protection. I do keep both of mine, front and rear, with the sleeve at the hook end for UV protection as well.

Ed

I thought it was a Tremor thing. its a big emblem and really stands out on the Chrome with the Blue

The black ovals are only on the Lariat Sport/Black packages. It is the first time Ford has allowed a non-Blue oval on any vehicle.

Yes you have to order the Sport pkg to get the black/silver Ford oval (2020) For 2021 I understand it is provided under a "Black out" pkg.

Same thing. They just changed the package name.

Yep, I ordered my CG 2021 with the Tremor, Lariat Black and Lariat Ultimate. Lariat Black means no chrome, as I understand even the little silver piece on the tailgate is gone for 2021.

Back