Saw Thiis in Oakland

I actually quite liked the bay area but what fun is it say that lol Where in the Bay Area do you live? I was in Pleasanton and Brentwood so east.

I'm in the northern end of Napa County. But I've lived and spend time everywhere in the bay EXCEPT the East Bay. I only go over there if catching a flight out. 😂

No way, keep em all where they're at... Californians with $1m plus 600sqft houses are disrupting our local housing markets with their cash, sight-unseen equity purchases... I guess Zillow and the like aren't helping either...

This is a convenient headline, but since it's statistically impossible I think we might have a bigger problem brewing in this country than people who lived in California for a minute moving out.

But if this narrative stays relevant through the crash, I'm auditioning for the part of the Californian in The Big Short 2.

This is a convenient headline, but since it's statistically impossible I think we might have a bigger problem brewing in this country than people who lived in California for a minute moving out.

But if this narrative stays relevant through the crash, I'm auditioning for the part of the Californian in The Big Short 2.
It's not just Californians, but I do know those cash purchasers from that area definitely helped increase prices in Ann Arbor when Google built a large office downtown. They skip appraisals and comps when cash is used here so Ann Arbor real estate went from moderately expensive, to $1-200k more than local cities for a completable home (with very little property).

The real issue is, corporations buying up houses for God knows what...

It's not just Californians, but I do know those cash purchasers from that area definitely helped increase prices in Ann Arbor when Google built a large office downtown. They skip appraisals and comps when cash is used here so Ann Arbor real estate went from moderately expensive, to $1-200k more than local cities for a completable home (with very little property).

There are so many ways to “buy a house in cash” now that don't require a buyer to have any cash. And that drives prices up. It's been happening here en masse for a decade.

In any event, I happen to have acquaintances from ATX and SLC that bought expensive properties somewhere in MI this summer. Pre-emptive climate refugees. You'll have a lot more of them soon. Forecasters are saying more heat and little rain out west again this winter.

There are so many ways to “buy a house in cash” now that don't require a buyer to have any cash. And that drives prices up. It's been happening here en masse for a decade.

In any event, I happen to have acquaintances from ATX and SLC that bought expensive properties somewhere in MI this summer. Pre-emptive climate refugees. You'll have a lot more of them soon. Forecasters are saying more heat and little rain out west again this winter.
On the plus side, my property value might go up and we can move somewhere with more land if I ever get this damn house remodel done. Where'd they buy in MI?

Saw this in Roseville, CA.

E4E84A6A-46FF-441E-8219-2083A059A992.jpeg

(*edited to remove imposter from post. Had no idea this was my MY22 F250 Tremor’s ancestor.)

Last edited:
I actually like the east bay. Wife rides her bike to work 3 miles. Great food from all continents within walking distance or short drive, but mostly that while a lot of people suffer thru 100-115 degree heat waves ; here directly across from the golden gate a heat wave lasts about 3 days and only reaches 78-81. It’s presently 63 in the house.And the million dollar house is 867 square feet thank you! However, the streets are so narrow and assholes who don’t give a crap about others nice things are so prevalent that it requires a paid covered private parking space .

I actually like the east bay. Wife rides her bike to work 3 miles. Great food from all continents within walking distance or short drive, but mostly that while a lot of people suffer thru 100-115 degree heat waves ; here directly across from the golden gate a heat wave lasts about 3 days and only reaches 78-81. It’s presently 63 in the house.And the million dollar house is 867 square feet thank you! However, the streets are so narrow and assholes who don’t give a crap about others nice things are so prevalent that it requires a paid covered private parking space .

The East Bay is really quite nice throughout. Other than the traffic. And the density. Until you’re in the valley. And then you’re in the valley. 😉

Back