TFR-GA

Tremor Fan
Reaction Points
Military
US Army Retired
Current Ride
1989 F350, 2018 F250 KR, 2018 Ram laramie
KIMG4061.JPG

I was hauling a cattle trailer on Peach Orchard rd and saw this. For those of us that haul hay , I've got a pretty good idea if how heavy this is. I couldn't see if it was a 350 or 250, but I did see diesel badge

View attachment 20121
I was hauling a cattle trailer on Peach Orchard rd and saw this. For those of us that haul hay , I've got a pretty good idea if how heavy this is. I couldn't see if it was a 350 or 250, but I did see diesel badge
that's a 40ft trailer, and those bales could weigh anywhere from 800-1000+ lbs each depending on a variety of factors and that trailer empty prob weighs at least 8500lbs up to 9k + lbs

There's 23 round bales on there, the weight of the hay alone is 14k lbs to 23k lbs, plus the trailer - that is a pretty heavy tow for a SRW
so as I approached I was looking at the load, , then I saw it was a tremor and grabbed my phone to snap a shot, he didn't appear to be struggling, and was moving right along with no issues, and the squat wasn't that bad . so I was impressed, disregarding any potential legalities etc- --- I was secretly hoping it was a 7.3 :)

Hmm, I may have saw this same truck, no trailer at Cabelas in Augusta, Ga today
I've seen maybe 3 around the area- and have looked at several at the dealers, I would love to find someone local with a 7.3 and gooseneck to see how it pulls my stock trailer- sure it would be fine, but I don't want to gamble 75k and find its not. most of the time I'm only around 5k weight up to 10k - but occasionally I might hit 15k or so just a couple times a year- I only carry 10-15 bales on my 30 ft trailer.

There's 23 round bales on there, the weight of the hay alone is 14k lbs to 23k lbs, plus the trailer - that is a pretty heavy tow for a SRW
crazy disregard for the safety of everyone else on the road towing wildly above weight rating.

Impressive that the truck can pull it seemingly fine though.

Back