S.O.P. when purchase is made

Tucsontremor

Tremor Junkie
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2015 F150
I’m sure someone has an answer to this and I might be over thinking it!

I’m wondering what the standard operating procedure is when a custom build is submitted and placed through a dealer. This was my first time ever doing this, hence the question.

I placed my order last Friday afternoon with my sales rep at the dealership. We went line by line and he printed out the final build sheet for me that was just saved in the system for my 22 tremor. He said when the owner comes back in to the office, she would be the one that actually places the order with Ford. He sent me a text on Saturday saying the order was placed. Anything to worry about regarding options getting changed or not properly uploaded? Should there be some kind of final build sheet or receipt given once the order was submitted?

Thanks for your help! I’ll post my build sheet that he sent me home with last Friday. It says at the bottom this order has not been submitted to the order bank. I’m assuming that’s what happened Saturday. Is there any paper trail missing that I should obtain from them?

Attachments

• C7B2C60B-9682-47ED-8D80-8E8B203679BC.jpeg
    C7B2C60B-9682-47ED-8D80-8E8B203679BC.jpeg
    225.4 KB · Views: 81
I’m sure someone has an answer to this and I might be over thinking it!

I’m wondering what the standard operating procedure is when a custom build is submitted and placed through a dealer. This was my first time ever doing this, hence the question.

I placed my order last Friday afternoon with my sales rep at the dealership. We went line by line and he printed out the final build sheet for me that was just saved in the system for my 22 tremor. He said when the owner comes back in to the office, she would be the one that actually places the order with Ford. He sent me a text on Saturday saying the order was placed. Anything to worry about regarding options getting changed or not properly uploaded? Should there be some kind of final build sheet or receipt given once the order was submitted?

Thanks for your help! I’ll post my build sheet that he sent me home with last Friday. It says at the bottom this order has not been submitted to the order bank. I’m assuming that’s what happened Saturday. Is there any paper trail missing that I should obtain from them?

I'd ask if the final submitted order sheet could be sent to you so you can help them confirm nothing got missed.

Congrats,

Will be a bit of a wait. I had a contract from them that was signed by me and the manager with a deposit of $500.00. But car paperwork varies from state to state and that was pre covid where my truck was built and came in fast.

You should ask for a priority code better than 19. Thats the slowest code.
10 is the best.

good luck and will be worth the wait.

Loshad... hahaha. You hit the nail on the head.
I’m going to give the engineer a kiss that comes out with an air conditioned steering wheel!! Take my money, please take it, when that option becomes available.

we have plenty of heat out here. That’s for sure. No heated steering wheel for me!

thanks for all your input on this. Going to see if the sales guy can get me a order confirmation today.

And did you want the heated steering wheel? It's the big topic on every order.
60W "rain-sensing wipers/heated steering wheel" At least for my 2021 build

I’m going to give the engineer a kiss that comes out with an air conditioned steering wheel!! Take my money, please take it, when that option becomes available.

we have plenty of heat out here. That’s for sure. No heated steering wheel for me!

thanks for all your input on this. Going to see if the sales guy can get me a order confirmation today.
I live in SE Texas and I love my heated steering wheel. It is only $165, which includes the rain sensing wipers, and it works great for the times it dips into the 40s!

I had an Out-the-Door Price when I placed my Order. Invoice and split the hold-back. Minus any additional incentives or discounts that change by the time it's available for delivery. Simple as it gets.

Last edited:
Congrats,

Will be a bit of a wait. I had a contract from them that was signed by me and the manager with a deposit of $500.00. But car paperwork varies from state to state and that was pre covid where my truck was built and came in fast.

You should ask for a priority code better than 19. Thats the slowest code.
10 is the best.

good luck and will be worth the wait.
Great to know about the priority code, thanks for posting that info.

OMG YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! Airconditioned steering wheel......take my money also!

Great to know about the priority code, thanks for posting that info.

All a priority code between 10 and 19 does is allow the dealer to rank those orders, so it has no impact outside of that dealer's order rankings.

So if a dealer has 3 super duty orders, and they give them all 19 codes, it's earliest order date tries to get picked first. If they do 10, 13, 19, then that'll be the order that is tried to schedule.

If one dealer does 3 10's, and another does 1 19, and both dealers have 1 allocation, then one of the first dealer's orders gets picked, and the second dealer's order gets picked for scheduling.

All a priority code between 10 and 19 does is allow the dealer to rank those orders, so it has no impact outside of that dealer's order rankings.

So if a dealer has 3 super duty orders, and they give them all 19 codes, it's earliest order date tries to get picked first. If they do 10, 13, 19, then that'll be the order that is tried to schedule.

If one dealer does 3 10's, and another does 1 19, and both dealers have 1 allocation, then one of the first dealer's orders gets picked, and the second dealer's order gets picked for scheduling.
Also good info.....so it seems that I also need to ask about allocation when the time comes, not just priority code.

Ask for the DORA (dealer order acknowledgement receipt). The Dealership gets that back from Ford when the order is accepted. All I saw were build sheets produced by the dealer. Also, ordered does not mean allocated—that is, just because the dealership ordered it, and just because Ford acknowledged getting the order, does not mean it’s getting built. Dealer let me know when my order got picked up, i.e., allocated. Priority Code is only relevant in two ways. First, 10-19 means it’s a customer order. 19 is the default. Second, 10 is better than 19 ONLY if there are other customer orders originating from the same dealership, otherwise Ford could not care less and neither should we.

Last edited:
Update!!
After watching some reviews last night until entirely too late, I realized I should change my 350 build to a 250. This will be my first HD truck so I was naive on the registration issues that HD trucks pose out here in Arizona. My understanding after reading the legislation is that every “1 ton” truck out here needs to be registered as a commercial vehicle, regardless of intended use. Along with the commercial registration there are additional weight rating tiers that you must declare for your truck. Each weight tier has a salty price tag on it. The higher total weight you declare, the more expensive. One other interesting piece of info, apparently all 1 ton trucks are required to have mud flaps no higher than 8” off the ground. All of these items are non-existent on the 3/4 ton F250. Regular registration, no mud flaps, etc.

Maybe some other Arizona owners can chime in here with their knowledge on this subject. It seems that some people have been able to register a 1 ton “non-commercial”. I’d rather play by the rules and sleep easy at night. Since the 250 and 350 tremors are identical, this was an easy decision. I called up my dealer, we sat down at the dealership and just revised the order. I attached a picture of the new 250 build sheet we placed. Some of you will be happy to know that I added the rain sensing wipers and the heated rear seats to the new 250. ? I guess it does get chilly out here every now and then.
Anyway, I hope this helps anyone in Arizona debating between a 250 and 350. Interested to hear if any others have run across registration issues in your state!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    268.4 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Back