Iron Man

Live life to it's Fullest Thanking GOD for it all
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 F350 6.7 Iconic Silver Platinum Tremor w/winch
Current Ride #2
2020 Jaguar F Pace SVR - 2020 Harley Davidsnon Limited CVO
Whats up brothers. You men are so awesome. I'm having a new cement driveway poured in my back yard. Its a whopping 15'x100'. At the very back of the driveway I'm having a new shed built for my 3 Harleys. I'm going to have electric brought over to the shed.
I do not have an RV yet but will be getting one in the near future. I thought I should add a power line to the driveway for the Camper. I want to be able to be set up like I'm at a RV park.
I'm so GREEN on this NEVER having been RVing EVER. So Kindly give me your input. I'm having a 110v on its separate Breaker brought to the new shed. I wanted to have that same line run over to the camper. Do you believe this will be fine. And what kind of connecter should be set up on a 4"x4". Set it up on passenger side of RV correct.
Dudes SORRY TO ASK THESE QUESTIONS THAT MAY SEEM DUMB TO SOME OF YOU BUT its nothing i've experienced. Thanks Brothers. Your Wisdom is so HELPFUL.

Whats up brothers. You men are so awesome. I'm having a new cement driveway poured in my back yard. Its a whopping 15'x100'. At the very back of the driveway I'm having a new shed built for my 3 Harleys. I'm going to have electric brought over to the shed.
I do not have an RV yet but will be getting one in the near future. I thought I should add a power line to the driveway for the Camper. I want to be able to be set up like I'm at a RV park.
I'm so GREEN on this NEVER having been RVing EVER. So Kindly give me your input. I'm having a 110v on its separate Breaker brought to the new shed. I wanted to have that same line run over to the camper. Do you believe this will be fine. And what kind of connecter should be set up on a 4"x4". Set it up on passenger side of RV correct.
Dudes SORRY TO ASK THESE QUESTIONS THAT MAY SEEM DUMB TO SOME OF YOU BUT its nothing i've experienced. Thanks Brothers. Your Wisdom is so HELPFUL.
Driver’s side hook up. Need a 30 amp NEMA 10-30P

Do yourself a favor and run 220v over to it. If you get an rv with 50amps you will need it. Do a 50 amp plug and you can buy an adapter if you only have a 30 amp rv. You will want the adapter anyway. That way you will only do it once. Depending on your state and local codes. Here is what I did. #2 triplex (aluminum) with extra ground. You could do a #4 for just 50amps. But I am running pool off of it to. May not b up to code, but I dropped a piece of pex water line in same trench so I would have water at camper as well. Its shallow, but I just blow it out before each winter. Just like an irrigation line.
20200824_163856.jpg

While you have the yard tore up, might as well add sewer.:ROFLMAO: my projects always seem to snowball into more then orginally planned. Actually, we had new septic system put in and running a line over was pretty quick and easy..
20200928_073059.jpg
20200928_072843.jpg

While you have the yard tore up, might as well add sewer.:ROFLMAO: my projects always seem to snowball into more then orginally planned. Actually, we had new septic system put in and running a line over was pretty quick and easy.. View attachment 6001View attachment 6002
Thank you. Beautiful set up. Sewer is great advice.

Do the below for electrical it’ll save you if you do go to 50amp, if not buy the adapter from 50 to 30. You’ll need it in some CGs that have 50amp but not 30amp.

Do yourself a favor and run 220v over to it. If you get an rv with 50amps you will need it. Do a 50 amp plug and you can buy an adapter if you only have a 30 amp rv. You will want the adapter anyway. That way you will only do it once. Depending on your state and local codes. Here is what I did. #2 triplex (aluminum) with extra ground. You could do a #4 for just 50amps. But I am running pool off of it to. May not b up to code, but I dropped a piece of pex water line in same trench so I would have water at camper as well. Its shallow, but I just blow it out before each winter. Just like an irrigation line. View attachment 6000

Ironman be very careful a 30 or 50 amp Rv plug in is wired different than a house 30 amp google it and many examples of fried RV wiring ruined RVs by electricians and DYIs that didnt know. So I had a electrician wire up a 30 Amp for my RV he wired it like a dyrer , not. Lucky I had plugged in a RV surge protector before plugging in the Rv. The protector told me red alert we got problems. Electrician came back and fixed it.

Ironman be very careful a 30 or 50 amp Rv plug in is wired different than a house 30 amp google it and many examples of fried RV wiring ruined RVs by electricians and DYIs that didnt know. So I had a electrician wire up a 30 Amp for my RV he wired it like a dyrer , not. Lucky I had plugged in a RV surge protector before plugging in the Rv. The protector told me red alert we got problems. Electrician came back and fixed it.
Thank You for this advise. I really appreciate it :)

Well Besides my frustrations of trying to get my 2021 F-350 Platinum Tremor order from 8/24 to be pulled by Ford. I’ve been getting a 15’x102’ Driveway set up for a future RV. I thank all of you helping me with advice on it. Here’s the progress.

Well Besides my frustrations of trying to get my 2021 F-350 Platinum Tremor order from 8/24 to be pulled by Ford. I’ve been getting a 15’x102’ Driveway set up for a future RV. I thank all of you helping me with advice on it. Here’s the progress.
[/https://www.fordtremor.com/threads/rv-electric-plug-hook-up-on-new-driveway-set-up.1437/

Can’t seem to post pic

Thank You for this advise. I really appreciate it :)
I agree with being careful. Details here matter. ?
Also, I never plug my RV into a power source at a park or a house without using a surge protector. In case you wire something wrongly, or an electrician does, or there is a power failure of some kind, using a surge protector is extremely important to protect your sensitive electrical systems in the RV. Here’s what I recommend.

P.S. I second putting in a 50 amp even if you only plan to by a 30 amp trailer. It’ll future proof your setup and make any visitors happy if they bring a 50 amp trailer to moochdock at your house. ?

Another thought... check out KYD on YouTube. Their channel is one of the best regarding RV information. They are both entertaining and extremely process oriented. I have learned so much by watching their vids. Here’s their playlist geared specifically towards RV newbies.

Our site up north is only 30 amps our 5th wheel is 50
When I bring it home for winter I just plug it into a stand 120v outlet with an adaptor. It's all good. I don't really use it at home but I suppose if I got the wifey mad at me i could sleep out there. Everything runs on the standard plug but I guess if you had the micro going, and some space heaters would not work so good. Main thing is easy and closet outlet. The water and sewer would be huge bonus things to have. In case you go camping and there is no sewer dump you could always dump your tank at home.

The amount of power you bring to your outbuilding may depend on what you have available at the house. Any good electrician can do the math and set you up accordingly. Part of my decision just to plug into a standard 120v was my home generator. If power goes out I will still have power available to my RV. If I ran the 30 or 50 I would have to give up something else with my generator.

At least that project will keep your mind off the truck woes for a few days.

While you have the yard tore up, might as well add sewer.:ROFLMAO: my projects always seem to snowball into more then orginally planned. Actually, we had new septic system put in and running a line over was pretty quick and easy.. View attachment 6001View attachment 6002
I agree with being careful. Details here matter. ?
Also, I never plug my RV into a power source at a park or a house without using a surge protector. In case you wire something wrongly, or an electrician does, or there is a power failure of some kind, using a surge protector is extremely important to protect your sensitive electrical systems in the RV. Here’s what I recommend.

P.S. I second putting in a 50 amp even if you only plan to by a 30 amp trailer. It’ll future proof your setup and make any visitors happy if they bring a 50 amp trailer to moochdock at your house. ?
My buddy dug a trench and ran a 50 amp service to it. I tried to have cesspool installed but its not legal in my area to have it set up for a driveway. Nobody wanted to put it i n under the radar. So its ok. I will post pics for sure.

My buddy dug a trench and ran a 50 amp service to it. I tried to have cesspool installed but its not legal in my area to have it set up for a driveway. Nobody wanted to put it i n under the radar. So its ok. I will post pics for sure.

? You will never regret having the 50amps.
I am technically in the county and just outside city limits. Somehow the city has a 2 mile boundary outside city limits and I am "suppose" to have city permits... But I can't vote on any city issues.. not sure how that it is even legal. So I do want I want. What they dont know wont hurt them. Has far as I know, it was all pre exisisting before I moved in and nothing they can do about it.

Our site up north is only 30 amps our 5th wheel is 50
When I bring it home for winter I just plug it into a stand 120v outlet with an adaptor. It's all good. I don't really use it at home but I suppose if I got the wifey mad at me i could sleep out there. Everything runs on the standard plug but I guess if you had the micro going, and some space heaters would not work so good. Main thing is easy and closet outlet. The water and sewer would be huge bonus things to have. In case you go camping and there is no sewer dump you could always dump your tank at home.

The amount of power you bring to your outbuilding may depend on what you have available at the house. Any good electrician can do the math and set you up accordingly. Part of my decision just to plug into a standard 120v was my home generator. If power goes out I will still have power available to my RV. If I ran the 30 or 50 I would have to give up something else with my generator.

At least that project will keep your mind off the truck woes for a few days.
Thanks my man. I have this HUGE project going on over here. Very helpful info. :)

Thanks my man. I have this HUGE project going on over here. Very helpful info. :)
This is what’s consumed my time this week. Finish the pour today. This just one side of my

Attachments

• F770DF5C-92C8-4DFE-8CA6-739C41048DA7.jpeg
    F770DF5C-92C8-4DFE-8CA6-739C41048DA7.jpeg
    549.2 KB · Views: 42
  • A2E20643-E07B-4F40-9376-1B59E7A1608E.jpeg
    A2E20643-E07B-4F40-9376-1B59E7A1608E.jpeg
    476.7 KB · Views: 43
  • 931B9EF5-2887-4E2B-9078-A3B885C047A6.jpeg
    931B9EF5-2887-4E2B-9078-A3B885C047A6.jpeg
    621.1 KB · Views: 43
  • B88D7207-53FB-4589-8531-772A24B6CF52.png
    B88D7207-53FB-4589-8531-772A24B6CF52.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 43
  • FD288096-C2FD-4670-BA08-55803FC1E320.jpeg
    FD288096-C2FD-4670-BA08-55803FC1E320.jpeg
    534.7 KB · Views: 44
  • 5174C64B-2DAD-485F-9120-4CA985F839CC.png
    5174C64B-2DAD-485F-9120-4CA985F839CC.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 46
  • 5444AE01-81C2-44D5-A248-B24920E6B1FE.png
    5444AE01-81C2-44D5-A248-B24920E6B1FE.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 43
This is what’s consumed my time this week. Finish the pour today. This just one side of my
Still need to do front of the house on the other side with blowing out my stoop and expanding my front driveway with retaining walls and light piers and garden box. Next 3-4 weeks of this.

Latest Discussions

Back