• Power-Deployable

Votes: 17 45.9%

• Total voters

F-2fiddy Tremor

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Military
U.S. Army
I’m ordering a F-250 Tremor Lariat soon and am torn between the off-road (Tremor) running boards vs. the power-deployable running boards. I like them both for different reasons.

I prefer the look/style of the off-road (Tremor) running boards but question the functionality/ease of getting in/out of the truck.

I had the power-deployable running boards on my previous F-150 and I like the functionality/ease of getting in/out but also don’t mind how they look.

Bottom line is which running boards do you prefer and why?
Would you change one for the other and why?

I chose the off-road ones because I’m hoping they’ll protect from door dings and rocks & mud being thrown from the tires.
if my wife and kids have too much trouble getting in, I may have to install the amp power steps.

I have the off road and on my old truck had the amp research boards. I miss my amp boards and will probably replace my offroad boards with a new set of amp. the factory boards are still too high up and not an easy step

I like the high step. It makes the truck look like it has higher clearance. And I'm not using a walker yet, so getting in is no problem :D

I absolutely love the aesthetics and height of the Tremor off-road running boards. Amps are nice too though, but I like that the Tremor ones will never potentially have electrical issues or issues moving.

Less is more, less complex is more reliable. To each their own..

I have the OEM running boards and love how they look (Makes the the truck look tuff and everyone I have showed the truck to have pointed them out), They definitely offer more side protection for the truck and less to go wrong.

I'm a huge fan of the Tremor style running boards. I think it would look cool if they were longer, extended back towards the real wheel well.

Another +1 for the tremor style running boards. As mentioned above, the protection from door dings is a huge perk as well, and probably my main reason for having them over the amp steps

My wife is 5’ and haven’t had any complaints from her, and she’s well aware it’ll be about 4.5” taller once I lift it and add bigger tires...

I think the fixed Tremor running boards are the best looking OEM running boards ever put on a truck. The protection they offer is excellent as well- from door dings and rocker panel damage when crawling. I’ve also found they make a handy place to set stuff when trying to open door with your hands full. They are really high and require a big step to reach them but I wouldn’t want them any lower personally.

The Tremor boards are heavy duty and less moving parts to mess with down the road as your Tremor ages.
I thought about them for a minute when I placed my order.

I like the powered option for the shorter legs in the house - domestic harmony has a price plus the toll of hearing about “climbing in” every time may cost me my sanity.

My question to owners with the stock Tremor boards - how are they in winter with frozen slush build up? My F150 now requires careful ice damn removal or door bottoms would be mashed. The drivers door never builds up much because of more use but the other doors get glacier locked.

The Tremor running boards are the same as on the Gen2 Raptors. The only difference is that they're stamped with FORD instead of Raptor. They do the job, they're durable, look good, protect the truck, and are easy to maintain. We have Raptors too.

I have had my truck 5 days now. Mine has the off-road running boards and I love them.

These boards are high (especially high when compared to my 2015 Denali HD) and the surface is very rough. My wife and 10 yr old daughter have both already skinned their knee on them from misjudging the distance. (Seriously looks like they fell on new broom finished concrete.)

I don’t see either of those things as drawbacks, but some might.

I too prefer the factory boards for door dings as previously mentioned. They also help mitigate chips in the lower panels. However, I have had my hood, front fenders, wheel lip mouldings, top of mirrors, and rocker panels wrapped with Xpel ppf.

I like the powered option for the shorter legs in the house - domestic harmony has a price plus the toll of hearing about “climbing in” every time may cost me my sanity.

My question to owners with the stock Tremor boards - how are they in winter with frozen slush build up? My F150 now requires careful ice damn removal or door bottoms would be mashed. The drivers door never builds up much because of more use but the other doors get glacier locked.

If I lived in a cold climate, I’d be more concerned about powered steps getting frozen and burning out a motor (or not working altogether) than having some slush build up on the steps.

That is a good point regarding the ice build up, though. I don’t know that there’s a lot of people that had Tremor’s during the winter months, we’re a pretty small and new group, but I’m sure there’s some.

I’m ordering a F-250 Tremor Lariat soon and am torn between the off-road (Tremor) running boards vs. the power-deployable running boards. I like them both for different reasons.

I prefer the look/style of the off-road (Tremor) running boards but question the functionality/ease of getting in/out of the truck.

I had the power-deployable running boards on my previous F-150 and I like the functionality/ease of getting in/out but also don’t mind how they look.

Bottom line is which running boards do you prefer and why?
Would you change one for the other and why?

I've got the metal running boards. Nice grippy texture. No issues this past winter with snow or ice

Thanks for all the input! I’ve decided to go with the Tremor running boards, truck should be delivered early September and I’m super excited.
I ordered June 8th with a current build week on 8/10. Based on that Im looking at a early sept delivery here in ca. If you want the early sept delivery as well I would highly suggest you order today!)

I absolutely love the aesthetics and height of the Tremor off-road running boards. Amps are nice too though, but I like that the Tremor ones will never potentially have electrical issues or issues moving.

Less is more, less complex is more reliable. To each their own..
Do the AMP running boards drop lower than the Ford power deployed boards? Has anyone heard of a step or bar that could be bolted on to the Tremor off road boards?

Thanks!

Back