Running board question

STDevil

Tremor Fiend
Reaction Points
Current Ride
Super Duty
HI all -

I ordered some Tremor Running Boards to install on my to be ordered Lariat (non Tremor - yes, I know that's blasphemy!). I thought I would get nuts and washers with the running boards. I did not.

For anyone who took their OE running boards off or just knows the answer, I have a couple of questions for you...

1) Can anyone tell me what type of nuts and washers to use (I don't know if they need to be a specific type of material to avoid corrosion).
2) What is the torque spec for the nuts that hold the running boards to the body?

Thanks as always...

Did you have boards on your Lariat already? I just reused the same nuts that were holding on the OEM boards. As far as torque, I don't know the exact number, I just snugged them down tight. Be careful to not go too far as the bolts are just tack welded on the inside of the rocker panel. If you pop the tack weld loose, it will be darn near impossible to easily fix.

I pulled th a stock boards off my 19 F150 Lariat and replaced them with a set of ADD rock sliders. Sold the OEM boards. When I went to trade my F150 in, I pulled the ADD sliders off and installed a set of XLT running boards from a friend of mine. When I got my F350 home, pulled the Tremor boards and we put them on his F150 and I installed the ADD sliders on my F350.

Thanks for the response! I have not ordered the vehicle yet, but when I do, I am going to order it without running boards. So I am guessing the hardware will not be there. Thanks for the tip on the tightness. If I don’t hear from anyone else, I will just go by the dealer and ask what they think (or look under a truck…).

Thanks for the response! I have not ordered the vehicle yet, but when I do, I am going to order it without running boards. So I am guessing the hardware will not be there. Thanks for the tip on the tightness. If I don’t hear from anyone else, I will just go by the dealer and ask what they think (or look under a truck…).
Can you even do that? I figured you had to either get fixed or power on the Tremor package.

HI again -

I am ordering a non-Tremor truck. It's going to be a Lariat. For non-Tremor Lariat Trimmed vehicles, you have the option of ordering the vehicle without running boards...

Sorry if I created any confusion.

Thanks...

Back