Rotella t6 oil shortage ?

Changed my oil two weeks ago, hit up WallyWorld first - they were completely out of Rotella and had no DEF either. Then tried O’Reilly and I got the last of their Rotella. I thought it was weird, but now that I’m seeing this - maybe it’s a “thing” elsewhere! I’m in central NC.

Shortage in south jersey. Luckily I was able to find what I needed, between several stores. All Walmarts in my general area are out of it (where I usually buy it). Covid strikes again.

Same. Online it was outrageously expensive. In Va Beach found some at Home Depot for a “normal” price. Don’t think it’s hoarding. At least here. We had it in Wally Worlds but haven't seen it available in a few months among other things.

I read somewhere that the bottleneck is with the additive suppliers and plastic container suppliers. Last year demand dropped off so they slowed and haven’t been able to catch back up. Availability is now not consistent and they have had to ration out what they distribute to the oil manufacturers.

I did my first service yesterday at 4924 miles. The oil monitor was at 16% with 201 total hours and 60 idle (which I really don’t see how 60 is possible). I managed to find one gallon of T6 in my area. I had to settle for Motorcraft 10w30 and had to visit multiple stores just to find enough. I did see A LOT of STP 5w40 and while it claims on the label that it meets Ford’s specifications, I don’t see it on the list.

I also installed a Fumoto valve, greased the front U-joints with Red n Tacky and drained the fuel/water separator and installed an SPE plug.

I read somewhere that the bottleneck is with the additive suppliers and plastic container suppliers. Last year demand dropped off so they slowed and haven’t been able to catch back up. Availability is now not consistent and they have had to ration out what they distribute to the oil manufacturers.
This is more or less correct. Heavy Duty motor oils have been allocated for a while and it’s mostly additives shortage to blame.

Source- I work in the commercial & industrial lubricants/fuel business.

I did my first service yesterday at 4924 miles. The oil monitor was at 16% with 201 total hours and 60 idle (which I really don’t see how 60 is possible). I managed to find one gallon of T6 in my area. I had to settle for Motorcraft 10w30 and had to visit multiple stores just to find enough. I did see A LOT of STP 5w40 and while it claims on the label that it meets Ford’s specifications, I don’t see it on the list.

I also installed a Fumoto valve, greased the front U-joints with Red n Tacky and drained the fuel/water separator and installed an SPE plug.
Was this the SPE billet fuel drain valve? If so any issues on the swap? Did the fumoto 106N first change. Wish there was a way to get the filter off without a mess. Punched a hole to drain but I still got it all over.

The hoarders probably not aware that oil and other products have an "effective shelf life" (additives).....3 to 4 years with most all brands. Probably best not to stock pile too much oil, ATF, etc.

Back