Rodent troubles!

Just picked up the truck from local dealer for check engine light being on. P0455 and P0457 fuel vapor issue. Its under warranty so why not take it in! Freaking rodent damage to the fuel vapor line. Anyone have advice on how to keep rodents off the property? 1700.00 later I could kill every rat or rodent I see. Dealer provided pictures of damage and I agree it must have been some type of animal.
Simple. Just teleport your property to Alberta, Canada where it’s rat free!

2F97F8C6-0A73-41E8-8EE8-7B39F7B4424E.png
I got this trap a year ago you put bird seed in it and it will catch rats and mice love it they pile in

I've spent hours on YouTube watching videos of clever homemade traps. My problem isn't too bad, definitely no rats around, just field mice and chipmunks. I did buy a .17 HMR which has a frangible bullet that does not ricochet like a .22 cal round. We have lots of rocks and boulders, so this is a concern - "target" practice is a fun past-time.

I've spent hours on YouTube watching videos of clever homemade traps. My problem isn't too bad, definitely no rats around, just field mice and chipmunks. I did buy a .17 HMR which has a frangible bullet that does not ricochet like a .22 cal round. We have lots of rocks and boulders, so this is a concern - "target" practice is a fun past-time.
7B8DA502-187B-4CA0-ABEF-0B93C2F46B43.png
Man your lucky I’ve got to many houses near me or it would be like Fourth of July at night time 👍🏻

View attachment 33546Man your lucky I’ve got to many houses near me or it would be like Fourth of July at night time 👍🏻
We have guns and fireworks going off around here like "every day is the 4th". This area (Poconos) is out of control with "legal" mortars and other fireworks and people just shooting their guns off for fun. Unfortunately those people have no respect for full-time residents that live/work here, everyday is a party for them while they are visiting.

Interesting, when I picked up my truck I also had a wood rat in it. Chewed some wires, etc.. I believe they store these trucks where rats get in them. I live in the boonies and never had a rat problem till I brought my truck home which I parked in the garage.

Might have been a rabbit. I think I heard or read somewhere that some of the wiring and tubes and what not have been made using soybeans and animals like to eat them. 🤷
And squirrels

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210911-193607_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210911-193607_Chrome.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 15
And squirrels
I've had squirrels a couple times. Once when a hurricane blew through, a squirrel took refuge and wouldn't come out of the engine well. That bugger ate through some plug and fuel injector wiring, probably because it was scared. It was reluctant to come out, so I put on a welding glove and grabbed that sucker out of there.
Another time a mother squirrel made a nest out of sticks and brought her babies from a tree nest. They sometimes change nests when their nest becomes infested with fleas. Truck was a daily driver, so she did this in one day. I drove to work with them on top of the motor, and while I was working, chain sawing on a tree, I see these little critters start falling out on the ground under the motor, three of them. I popped the hood, and there's the mother looking at me standing on a pile of branches. She proceeded to crawl into a hole in the firewall where I couldn't get to her, so I honked the horn a bit, and left the hood up. Her babies got cooked and didn't make it. Drove to my next job and did the same. Never saw her again, and didn't smell, so I guess she got out

I've had squirrels a couple times. Once when a hurricane blew through, a squirrel took refuge and wouldn't come out of the engine well. That bugger ate through some plug and fuel injector wiring, probably because it was scared. It was reluctant to come out, so I put on a welding glove and grabbed that sucker out of there.
Another time a mother squirrel made a nest out of sticks and brought her babies from a tree nest. They sometimes change nests when their nest becomes infested with fleas. Truck was a daily driver, so she did this in one day. I drove to work with them on top of the motor, and while I was working, chain sawing on a tree, I see these little critters start falling out on the ground under the motor, three of them. I popped the hood, and there's the mother looking at me standing on a pile of branches. She proceeded to crawl into a hole in the firewall where I couldn't get to her, so I honked the horn a bit, and left the hood up. Her babies got cooked and didn't make it. Drove to my next job and did the same. Never saw her again, and didn't smell, so I guess she got out
I have a Ruger 10 22, red dot and 3x flip magnification. I have a lot of fun from my bedroom window. The greys do a lot of damage around the house.

Pack 🐀 are a pain in the ass we have been trying to trap one in the wife's tundra from about a week, the damn thing went 1000 miles Thu and Fri and was still on board when we go home finally we got him last night with a large snap trap with a milk dud stuck to the trigger.

Try ‘em with bacon.

No seriously, do you guys park your trucks in a garage? Easy to trap mice indoors.

And I agree about a cat. We have a cat and he seems to keep them away from the house.

Try ‘em with bacon.

No seriously, do you guys park your trucks in a garage? Easy to trap mice indoors.

And I agree about a cat. We have a cat and he seems to keep them away from the house.
The Tremor is to tall to park in my garage, has to stay outside.

Latest Discussions

Back