Road walking problem

omcvay

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
F250 Platinum Tremor
I picked up my tremor two days ago and when driving on the highway this truck floats around badly. Is anyone else having trouble?

I picked up my tremor two days ago and when driving on the highway this truck floats around badly. Is anyone else having trouble?
Yup.....gets better ....a little

Check the air pressure in the tires and put 1000 miles on it - should be better.

Just the Goodyears, will improve as you put miles on them. My personal tire pressure preference is 60 psi in front and 65 psi rear. Mine did feel the same way when I first picked it up. Have 2,800 miles on it now and wandering for the most part is gone.

Thank you. I haven’t aired them down but I’ll give that a shot tomorrow. I ran Nitto on every truck I’ve had and was hoping this was a tire issue. I’m guessing this goes away if I change tires?

Yep I had the same issue, gets better after about 1000. I was ready to give the truck back, glad I got help on here and was educated on the tires

Mine was doing the same, called my dealer and they the steering and toe, if I’m saying that correctly. holds the road fine now.60 front 80 back

I just picked mine up yesterday and felt the same way. Couldn't stand driving it. Going to try and let some air out. I figure it must work itself out eventually or I would hear more about it.

35x1250x18 Toyo MTs at 60 PSI solved that problem for me! Wider footprint helps wander less.

What exactly did you do to rectify it?
I think they did an alignment adjusted the toe so the starting wheel was true to the road and like some of the others have sad drive it a little and it will settle in. I have 3500 miles on mine and it drives fine for 7500 lb truck.

35x1250x18 Toyo MTs at 60 PSI solved that problem for me! Wider footprint helps wander less.
I traded a 19 F250 on stock tires and it drove great. None of the same feeling this one has. I’m going to do the Carli kit and planned on running the Ridge Grapplers like I have on my raptor. Good to know this will solve the issue. It baffles me why Ford would pick these tires.

I think they did an alignment adjusted the toe so the starting wheel was true to the road and like some of the others have sad drive it a little and it will settle in. I have 3500 miles on mine and it drives fine for 7500 lb truck.
Toe and the steering wheel are un related. They probably adjusted the toe in so that your front tires make a V shape. More stability.

652804.jpg

I'm running 65 psi all the way around. Yes the light is on but I'll fix it later with the scanner

50 front 40 rear, unloaded. Huge difference. Ford and dealers air um up to max capacity. Unless you are hauling max capacity, there is NO reason they should be driven that way......
And yes the TPMS light is on and the dealer won’t lower it.....

I traded a 19 F250 on stock tires and it drove great. None of the same feeling this one has. I’m going to do the Carli kit and planned on running the Ridge Grapplers like I have on my raptor. Good to know this will solve the issue. It baffles me why Ford would pick these tires.
Because of there weight ratings.... They are pretty high for a affordable tire .... And when you have to buy millions of the that's the best option for ford

Back