Road trips from Colorado

Briski

Tremor Addict
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 F250 6.7l Lariat Tremor Antimatter Blue
I live in Colorado and would like to go on a road trip or two. I have 590 miles on the Tremor so it’s still in the break in stage. I have thought about Wyoming, Colorado rivers, and New Mexico. My camper is still in the shop so it would be day trip or motel for the night. My GSD will be along so I have to deal with that for accommodations.

suggestions?

Black Hills, Moab UT awesome out of state places.Have you ever drove the Million Dolar Highway. Durango, Silverton to Ouray?

Attachments

• 611B6B0C-F392-4FD7-A198-426D0E4AF714.jpeg
    611B6B0C-F392-4FD7-A198-426D0E4AF714.jpeg
    288.9 KB · Views: 24
Plenty of day trips from the Front Range, unfortunately most of the really good stuff is currently seasonally closed. You can check out some cool trails around Lake George and Cheeseman Lake that are wide enough for the Tremor. Check Trailsoffroad.com for some of the easier ones. Also there’s Spanish Peaks and GSD NP for a day trip. West Nebraska and Fort Robinson are really overnighters, same for western slope and Utah. I can’t help you with lodging as we usually take the camper.

Driving the San Luis Valley to Great Sand Dunes National Park is an assume drive and your kid will enjoy the Sand Dunes. Camp grounds just before you enter the park.

I forgot to add around Pikes Peak, from the Springs take Gold Camp in Victor to Phantom Canyon through Canon City up CO 9 to Shelf Road ending in Cripple Creek. Great day trip this time of year as long as it’s not snowing.

Back