Rim damage - warranty claim denied??

Evolrider

Tremor Fiend
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2022 Lariat Tremor 7.3 carbonized gray
This picture was taken the day I picked up my truck, I reported this damage to the dealer the same day. To me it looks like damage possibly from the tire being mounted at the factory? I don't think the dealership did this during their test drive since there are no scuffs on the tire. Regardless, I have it in for repair and my dealer said Ford denied the claim! They said they could paint it and would only take a day but it wouldn't match the other tires exactly or I could wait 4 days for them to powder coat it which would match. Make sure you guys are checking your rims when you pick up your trucks, this was the one item that was not on my check off list. I am not happy with either option so I am on hold with Ford now :)

Resized_20210812_095312.jpeg

but your dealer is taking care of it from the sounds of it? If so, that's a great dealer. They'll settle up with Ford. They must have missed this on their delivery inspection form when the transport dropped it off would be my only guess for a warranty turn-down.

Good luck. Enjoy the rig!

I had asked my dealer not to clean it which they didn't so it was pretty dirty coming off the train so it was easily missed.

Had a similar issue with my grille. Dealer fully admitted they missed it on inspection and immediately said they’d replace. Only issue was it took them two and a half months to get a replacement black grill with the parts issues.

Not saying it 's not possible, I have never seen wheel damage from the factory on any Ford product that I have owned going back to '91. Either shipping damage or dealer did it in my opinion. If you showed the dealer right away, I would make them buy you a new rim.

Looks like transport damage. They will get that cost from the transport co. When they are received their supposed to mark off any damage and or not accept vehicle. This may have slipped by, hence why they are willing to make it right as you reported it straight off.

I’m fairly certain (80%) that KTP takes pictures of all wheels after the tire is mounted. When the dealership contacts the plant for wheel replacement approval (some repairs require prior approval), they’ll pull up the photo and confirm/deny the claim. It could have been damaged in transit though.

Upside is the dealer is fixing the issue, down side is I am driving a focus for a few days

Back