Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
'20 6.7 iconic Tremor
Current Ride #2
lots of bikes/skis
First Responder
physician/firefighter
Greeting Tremor community. I am planning to order a Tremor this week and I had some questions about ride quality. This will be my daily driver as well as carrying a 34 foot camper trailer. My '17 F-150 is having some trouble with the load. I've driven in 250's in the past and felt the ride to be a bit jarring. Of course there are variables such as tire pressure, etc, but do people find the Tremor suspension make for a slightly smoother ride?

Not as smooth as my 18 Raptor, but still not bad!

Thanks Driftwood.

Smoothest ride I’ve had from 2011 and 2016 f250s. This 2020 tremor “floats” easy down the road running 55psi all and not towing.

Greeting Tremor community. I am planning to order a Tremor this week and I had some questions about ride quality. This will be my daily driver as well as carrying a 34 foot camper trailer. My '17 F-150 is having some trouble with the load. I've driven in 250's in the past and felt the ride to be a bit jarring. Of course there are variables such as tire pressure, etc, but do people find the Tremor suspension make for a slightly smoother ride?
I went from a 17 F150 to the tremor. The two things I noticed:

1 - the ride in the Tremor is what I describe as firm compared to the F150.

2 - the steering in the Tremor takes more effort compared to the F150. Basically, my F150 steering wheel would naturally straighten out after a turn. The Tremor, not so much.

I've mostly climatized to the firm ride. When you tow, the Tremor is much more composed compared to my old F150. I don't even notice the steering anymore.

2 - the steering in the Tremor takes more effort compared to the F150. Basically, my F150 steering wheel would naturally straighten out after a turn. The Tremor, not so much.

Do you have the adaptive steering option?

I went from a 17 F150 to the tremor. The two things I noticed:

1 - the ride in the Tremor is what I describe as firm compared to the F150.

I've mostly climatized to the firm ride. When you tow, the Tremor is much more composed compared to my old F150. I don't even notice the steering anymore.

I agree, although I'm still riding with 80psi rears and 65psi fronts UNLOADED.

I'm curious to see what it feels like 65psi all around UNLOADED.

The ride comfort is a subjective thing, hard to say what jarring is to you. I'd say the ride is somewhat jarring unloaded at stock psi (65f, 80r). I also drive a stock Focus ST and have to say the truck is much more jarring. I feel like I have to concentrate more when driving the truck vs the car, also because the truck is much bigger.

I agree, although I'm still riding with 80psi rears and 65psi fronts UNLOADED.

I'm curious to see what it feels like 65psi all around UNLOADED.

The ride comfort is a subjective thing, hard to say what jarring is to you. I'd say the ride is somewhat jarring unloaded at stock psi (65f, 80r). I also drive a stock Focus ST and have to say the truck is much more jarring. I feel like I have to concentrate more when driving the truck vs the car, also because the truck is much bigger.
I absolutely agree that ride quality is a totally subjective question. I was hoping that enough answers would allow me to get an idea of the ride. I do have a friend who is taking delivery of a Tremor in the next week so I'll be able to see for myself.

I absolutely agree that ride quality is a totally subjective question. I was hoping that enough answers would allow me to get an idea of the ride. I do have a friend who is taking delivery of a Tremor in the next week so I'll be able to see for myself.

That's your best bet; you'll understand for yourself.

Well, I have a 250 Tremor and it is waaayyy smoother than my 1 ton ram was. Which I loved.

No - I went straight bicep power, which is free!
And Unlimited!!!
tenor (2).gif

I daily drive mine. Dropped the PSI to 60-ish all around to help ride quality

The biggest improvement to ride quality is to let some damn air out of the tires! I put on some Nitto Ridge Grapplers in 35x12.5x18 at 65 front & 55 rear. Ride quality and overall handling over the stock tires is massively improved! There is still some springy harshness from the rear leafs but it is what it is in a truck rated to tow 21,000 lbs.

The biggest improvement to ride quality is to let some damn air out of the tires! I put on some Nitto Ridge Grapplers in 35x12.5x18 at 65 front & 55 rear. Ride quality and overall handling over the stock tires is massively improved! There is still some springy harshness from the rear leafs but it is what it is in a truck rated to tow 21,000 lbs.

I keep seeing this as an option to improve the ride. I will admit I know nothing about this topic so I'll be that guy and ask the questions LOL.

1) Does it effect the tire wear in a negative way to lower the air pressure that much?

2) Would that set off the tire pressure sensors?

I had Fox 2.0 shocks on my 2018 F-150 ... The ride was nice after my mods. I prefer my Tremor ... rides a little firmer than the F-150 ... But I prefer the Tremor ride over the F-150 ... My Stock F-150 required shocks and better brakes to be driveable .. in my opinion.

It rides similar to my 2015 Silverado 3500 HD ( which was great) but has more clearance and towing. Not to mention the 1050 LB ft of torque
I have the adaptive steering. Love it but takes a bit to get used to it.

I keep seeing this as an option to improve the ride. I will admit I know nothing about this topic so I'll be that guy and ask the questions LOL.

1) Does it effect the tire wear in a negative way to lower the air pressure that much?

2) Would that set off the tire pressure sensors?
I don't think so and yes. I'm currently in a battle with my sensors. The first gadget I purchased didn't do what I wanted it to. I have a different gadget coming tomorrow that uses Forscan Lite. Hopefully that works!

I was a the dealership yesterday for an oil change and asked if the techs could reset my tpms settings to 60 psi all around and they supposedly did. I'm at 62 in all 4 tires and no warning light. That might be one way to go about it without having to use aftermarket software. I haven't done any of the forscan stuff because I don't want to screw up anything else trying to fix little things here and there.

Back