RH front rim excessive brake dust/rust

Procon

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 Ford F 250 Super Duty Tremor
Hi. I have a 2021 F 250 Lariat Tremor and at 300 miles I started to see that the rh front rim always has a orange tint, anyone else have this or have seen this, I have the 35s with 7.3 engine.

Why one rotor would do it is kind of weird, but mine will do this if it sits after a rain and the water dries, especially when the humidity is high. No biggie, just some surface rust. Personally I wouldn't worry about it.

On my 2015 f250, I had to replace my caliper guide rods on the passenger side front brake would not fully release. I believe the bellow that kept it clean got a pin hole or tare and the rod rusted a bit Causing it to stick a little. Pass. Side pads wore before the drivers side. Once replaced no other issue. Rods and bellows bought from rock auto, pretty easy fix. May not be your issue, just a thought.

This happens only after driving, not sitting, and only builds heavy on the right front, but no rust on the rotors, pads aren't tight, only thing I notice is every time I put it into drive from being parked it sounds like metal screech. Tenth of a second noise then nothing, just a orange front rim, that can wipe off with my finger. I worked as a service manager for 15 years, and I am stumped.

Here is a picture
20210716_155747.jpg

This happens only after driving, not sitting, and only builds heavy on the right front, but no rust on the rotors, pads aren't tight, only thing I notice is every time I put it into drive from being parked it sounds like metal screech. Tenth of a second noise then nothing, just a orange front rim, that can wipe off with my finger. I worked as a service manager for 15 years, and I am stumped.

That’s a little excessive. Even if I go a week without washing my truck it’s not that bad
I could go a month or two and still not see it that bad. Something is definitely amiss.

Something doesn't look right, take it to the dealer and have them check it out. Maybe have a caliber sticking once in awhile. Are you getting any pulling under braking or while driving?

Back