Tremor Fiend
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Military
U.S. ARMY 96-99
Current Ride
2020 F250 7.3 LARIAT TREMOR
Current Ride #2
Too many toyz that are ever changing to list :)
So I'm probably about a month out but I'm pretty sure I want to reverse level with airbags when I get my truck. I'm trying to sort everything out and looking for comments or suggestions. Before one of you guys ask why I want to do this... it's for a few reasons. First I don't want to mess with the front end geometry and chance screwing with something. I've done that before on other trucks and it was no-fun trying to figure out what part caused "what or this" to happen. Second reason is I have a 7 foot garage door which is 84 inches and the Tremor is very close to that and I would like to fit it in the garage. And lastly, a leveled truck (whether bringing front up or rear down) looks better in my opinion without the raked look. I can't bring the front up because of the garage issue. Either way... if you level your truck you will need airbags to correct the squat when you have weight on it. So with that said...

Looks like the Tremor has a 3.25 inch rear block. I was thinking this kit with a tapered 2.5 degree 1.5 inch block would be good to lower the rear by 1.75 inches. PMF is located in my hometown, so I was thinking I could drop by and pick the kit up and save the shipping costs! Clicky-----> PMF Reverse Level Kit

So the next thing I have been trying to figure out is what airbag set up to use. I really didn't like the way some of the airbag hardware incorporate the bumpstop tang and mount off to the side of the spring pack. This is especially the case now that I would be lowering it and could cause clearance problems trying to fit airbags in there. So I found this setup which mounts over the spring pack. I think this is the way to go because the size of the blocks dont change the clearance between the top of the spring pack and the frame. This kit is made by " Torque" which I researched the heck out of. It's basically the same and better than the Firestone 2600 kit, and also about 100 bucks cheaper. Which is a win win. Clicky------> Airbag Kit

So now the last piece of the puzzle was adding the Daystar airbag cradle. Obviously I bought the Tremor because I wanted to go off-roading. Under full extension of the rear axle you can tear your airbags. The Daystar solves this problem. I put a video of the Daystars in action at the bottom of the pictures. Clicky--------> Daystar Cradle

20190316_161408-jpg.3211187

AirBagCradle.jpg

Last edited:
Ok... good talk. ?

Ok... good talk. ?
LOL

I went through the same thought process for the same reasons. Ultimately I decided to wait and see what my truck looks like. My current F150 has the heavy duty tow package and sits like a dragster. It annoys me. I haven’t seen a Tremor in person; I pick mine up tonight. From what I can tell, SD’s are not so raked out.

Ok... good talk. ?

haha, I guess everyone was busy over the weekend :LOL:

I've never had airbags on a truck before. I thought about having them installed of my Raptor to help with towing and then I decided to ditch that idea and get a Tremor.

The setup you are talking about sounds good, too bad Ford doesn't offer something like that from the factory along with a built in air compressor!

Last edited:
I swapped 2” PMF blocks under my 350 last weekend. Has 2” of rake now (which I wanted) and the tires don’t look so lost in the rear wheel wells. Will probably need air bags for the camper but that’s ok.
20200229_204433254_iOS.jpg

Last edited:
I swapped 2” PMF blocks under my 350 last weekend. Has 2” or rake now (which I wanted) and the tires don’t look so lost in the rear wheel wells. Will probably need air bags for the camper but that’s ok.
View attachment 708
Looks good! What wheel tire combo is that? Offset? Cheers.

Can you post some pics from the front and rear to show how much if any the 0 offset with that tire stick out? Wanting the same set up. I shocked it still has a 2in rake. It almost looks lower in the rear now in that image.

Can you post some pics from the front and rear to show how much if any the 0 offset with that tire stick out? Wanting the same set up. I shocked it still has a 2in rake. It almost looks lower in the rear now in that image.
It might have been the angle in which he took the photo that it appears lower but you can see that there’s more clearance in the rear.

Any info on that exhaust tip also? Nice clean finish to it.

As requested. ‘Leveled’ trucks always look nose high to me which is part of the reason I wanted to make sure I kept some rake. Must just be the camera angle. Here is a before/after comparison. You can see in this picture there is definitely rake still.

The tip is a Gibson Elite. Got it from realtruck.

082C4F0E-4938-48E5-8171-38EBC149A305.jpeg
4414417C-1112-4976-A4BE-DC17C67EB6B4.jpeg
FBA43335-5428-4C6D-9183-ECF7C8B3CD5A.jpeg

Xelvic, been casually doing the same research as I wait for my F350 to come in. I think your recommended set up is absolutely right on target. Will be following with interest if you build this out. I might also wait to see how much I like dislike the stock look before doing anything.

Also meant to ask if you any rubbing or close contact points with this set up? Think I’m going same tire but with a +20 rim rather than 0. Haven’t had a truck yet that doesn’t throw mud up the sides due to my offset choices, so think I’ll keep it in the positives and just tucked in the fender.

No rubbing.

It comes very close on the rear of the front wheel well but doesn’t rub.

Last edited:
What inlet size Is that Gibsons Elite? Want to pre order one before the truck arrives. Thanks

What inlet size Is that Gibsons Elite? Want to pre order one before the truck arrives. Thanks

3.5” inlet 5” out

Smart to preorder. Mine took 4 weeks to come in. Not sure if that is normal or if I just happened to catch them out of stock.

I'm getting the gas which has a plain exhaust tip. I'm just going to paint the tip flat black with a rattle can.

Back