Tremor Fiend
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Military
U.S. ARMY 96-99
Current Ride
2020 F250 7.3 LARIAT TREMOR
Current Ride #2
Too many toyz that are ever changing to list :)
Let's start a discussion about reversing leveling the Tremor (lowering the rear). Who's done it, and what did it require... is it just blocks? Does it bottom out quicker being that the bump stumps are closer now? Can we change out the bump stops? I'm curious to know what effect it has on the ride quality especially with the rear shocks being compressed from shortening the rear blocks. Can we still run airbags?

I would like to do this. I don't want to lift the front and mess with the geometry. Plus I still want it to fit through my 84 inch garage door.

Has anyone done this yet? My truck is on order but maybe one of you lucky ones can measure your block and tell us how thick the stock ones are?

Add a 1100 lbs of feed...
9D67171A-BE7B-4323-8412-D97BD1B6A07F.jpeg

I’m curious if anyone can also comment on the advantages/disadvantages of shorter blocks vs lowering shackles as well.
My understanding is that when reduced blocks are installed the truck will sag under load, is more likely to hit the bump stops when off-roading, and the departure and break over angles are reduced.

I reversed leveled my truck. I have 2 kits. One from PMF that is a 1-1/2" spacer and the other is a OUO 7/8" spacer. Currently l have the 7/8" spacer installed. Both spacer have a 2.5* taper to them to keep alignment of the driveshaft. With the 7/8" spacer I have 1-1/2" rake front to back. Lowered the rear 2-1/2". Right now I'm test fitting 37's and I've gained 2" in height.
20200209_101910.jpg
20200209_101813.jpg

I reversed leveled my truck. I have 2 kits. One from PMF that is a 1-1/2" spacer and the other is a OUO 7/8" spacer. Currently l have the 7/8" spacer installed. Both spacer have a 2.5* taper to them to keep alignment of the driveshaft. With the 7/8" spacer I have 1-1/2" rake front to back. Lowered the rear 2-1/2". Right now I'm test fitting 37's and I've gained 2" in height.

Looks good! What is "OUO", is that a brand? How thick is the 7/8 spacer... are you saying 7/8 of an inch? Did you have to get shorter U-bolts? Do you plan on running bags and if so which ones. I would think it may be difficult ordering bags with a reverse level, because manufactures probably don't make the specific length for a reversed leveled truck.

***edit*** Is this them? http://www.ouostore.com/2_5_Degree_Lift_Blocks-Lift_Blocks_-_7_8in_2_5_Degree_2.html

If one is just going for a look then by all means lower the rear to level the truck. If you do lower the rear please keep in mind that any load on the rear of the truck will drastically lower it and put more stress on the rear shocks and springs. I have personally seen many rear shocks blown by being compressed for too long or too much.

If one lowers the rear at all I would at least advise them to install airbags to keep all the additional stress off the springs and shocks and place it on the axle instead.

My F350 Tremor levels out by only attaching a trailer with a 800 lb Tongue weight on the rear bumper. I could only imagine what an F250 Tremor would do when lowered with any load on it.

If one is just going for a look then by all means lower the rear to level the truck. If you do lower the rear please keep in mind that any load on the rear of the truck will drastically lower it and put more stress on the rear shocks and springs. I have personally seen many rear shocks blown by being compressed for too long or too much.

If one lowers the rear at all I would at least advise them to install airbags to keep all the additional stress off the springs and shocks and place it on the axle instead.

My F350 Tremor levels out by only attaching a trailer with a 800 lb Tongue weight on the rear bumper. I could only imagine what an F250 Tremor would do when lowered with any load on it.

I agree, and will only do this if I can get bags in there.

Warpath... I also found the PMF version. Why did use OUO over them? Seems the PMF version is pretty nice and comes with the U-bolts and a tang option for airbags. http://www.pmfsuspension.com/2017-19-Ford-Superduty-Reverse-Level-Block-Kit_p_238.html
I used the OUO first because I knew it would level it better than the PMF, but kept the PMF incase my camper caused it to squat too much. I used the U bolts from the PMF kit for the OUO spacers. The f250 Tremors have the high capacity towing package. Which has the same rear spring pack as the F350s.

Damn! Looks good. ? Any rubbing? I may try 37s on the stock wheels without raising the front end.

Wow, I didn't know that. So you are saying it has the floating overload leaf spring? Can you take a pic of it when you get a chance? My F250 tremor is on order, so all I can do speculate lol. So with lowering it, it must get the overload leaf close to the point of activating right?
Sure, when I get home I'll take some.

Wow, I didn't know that. So you are saying it has the floating overload leaf spring? Can you take a pic of it when you get a chance? My F250 tremor is on order, so all I can do speculate lol. So with lowering it, it must get the overload leaf close to the point of activating right?
Here's the best I could do with the 37's on.
20200209_145715.jpg
20200209_145610.jpg

Thanks! That's super cool! Looks like you got a good 5 inches before that overload spring touches. So really an F350 and F250 in the tremor package is the same truck. Except on the F350 they charge you the extra $1,500 for the door sticker that gives you the higher GVWR.

Thanks! That's super cool! Looks like you got a good 5 inches before that overload spring touches. So really an F350 and F250 in the tremor package is the same truck. Except on the F350 they charge you the extra $1,500 for the door sticker that gives you the higher GVWR.
I believe, there are a few differences. I think the front springs may be a different spring rate.

True, but I think the front spring rates differs from the Tremor package and the non-Tremor. I don't think they differ from F350 Tremor to F250 tremor. I could be wrong.

? that’s probably not far from true.

Back