Reverse Level Height

HD5280

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Hello all!

So after hours of research online, on this forum, and on several other ford truck forums I am struggling to find the answer I am looking for, so thought I would post it here as you guys appear the most logical.

Without getting into every single detail, I have decided to make the jump from GMC to either a Ford F-250 or a Ram 2500. After months of research I believe the SuperDuty is the truck for me, however I am limited in my garage clearance and wish to garage the truck full time as I live in the Rockies. A 35” tire is as small as I would be willing to go on a diesel, given the shear size of these trucks combined with my annual snow fall (just personal opinion), so rather than purchasing a stock F250 and trying to put 35s on it, the tremor package appears to have just about everything I need without having to go aftermarket (which is my preference to maintain the ride quality and other capabilities of the truck).
So finally my question - it appears the F250 Tremor peaks at 83in in height. This is the same height as my garage clearence. I’m in search of an inch (insert joke here). I’ve read that reverse leveling of the tremor is an option but have not seen evidence of actual height measurements after doing so. My assumption is that by properly inflating my wheels below dealership overinflation combined with removing the larger of the two blocks in the back of the tremor package will give me a couple of inches to make for a comfortable clearance (again my level of comfort).

Is there anyone on this forum that can confirm the height of their Tremor after removing one of the back blocks? If not, would you happen to know someone who has done this and can provide a quick measurement.
This may seem a bit silly to some folks, but ultimately if I cannot make it fit, I will have to go the Cummins which ultimately is several inches lower stock and will easily allow for the additions of 35s.

Thanks in advance for those willing to take the time to respond. Sort of at a dead end and it’s a big deal to me in making such a large decision. Much appreciated.

Its just below 83" stock with the black blocks. I have a 7' door on my shop
it just fits but I checked the arm on the opener ( they often are lower) and had to adjust it to open all the way. You may also gain an inch ( that what she wants) by removing or adjusting the weather strip on your opening around the garage door.

I am not sure about removing the blocks on the roof.

Mine will fit with the full tire pressure of 80 PSI. ( empty)

Its just below 83" stock with the black blocks. I have a 7' door on my shop
it just fits but I checked the arm on the opener ( they often are lower) and had to adjust it to open all the way. You may also gain an inch ( that what she wants) by removing or adjusting the weather strip on your opening around the garage door.

I am not sure about removing the blocks on the roof.

Mine will fit with the full tire pressure of 80 PSI. ( empty)

Thanks for the reply! That’s about the height I’ve read as well. Was more curious for those who have removed the leveling blocks what the actual height ended up being.

I don't know anyone who removed the blocks except for those going bigger

Remodeled a house once where we changed the garage door top jamb from 2x8 to 1x8 so the guy could get an extra 1” of height to pull his rig in. Have to change the side jambs out also bc they become longer but pretty simple to do. Also have to replace the weather stripping bc it usually breaks trying to get it off but it’s an option if you’re that close. New houses we frame @ exactly 84” clearance for 7’ doors

Remodeled a house once where we changed the garage door top jamb from 2x8 to 1x8 so the guy could get an extra 1” of height to pull his rig in. Have to change the side jambs out also bc they become longer but pretty simple to do. Also have to replace the weather stripping bc it usually breaks trying to get it off but it’s an option if you’re that close. New houses we frame @ exactly 84” clearance for 7’ doors

Making the door larger wouldn’t be expensive, it’s having to purchase a new door to fit the new hole where the cost comes in.

Making the door larger wouldn’t be expensive, it’s having to purchase a new door to fit the new hole where the cost comes in.
The garage door itself doesn’t change in the method I’m referring to as the garage door doesn’t attach to the jambs- it’s only around an inch in clearance height you’re gaining

I’m interested! Actually called my garage company and they’re the ones who said would need a whole new door but if I can gain an inch cheaply I’m in.

I’m interested! Actually called my garage company and they’re the ones who said would need a whole new door but if I can gain an inch cheaply I’m in.
The only thing you might possibly have to do is have the garage door slightly adjusted afterwards where it retracts back (up) a little farther before stopping so it clears the 1” higher jamb. The door tracks are mounted to the frame (cripples/ king studs) in the sides and the ceiling joists on top. The door just rests up against the weatherstripping on the jambs when closed so there’s no actual attachment there.

The only thing you might possibly have to do is have the garage door slightly adjusted afterwards where it retracts back (up) a little farther before stopping so it clears the 1” higher jamb. The door tracks are mounted to the frame (cripples/ king studs) in the sides and the ceiling joists on top. The door just rests up against the weatherstripping on the jambs when closed so there’s no actual attachment there.

Ok got it. So are you saying just remove the weather stripping basically?

Thats what I did and the truck fits like a glove!!!

as long as this beast doesn’t go a millimeter over 83” I should be fine. Haha!
I’ve heard lowering tire pressure to a more acceptable pressure than what the dealerships put it at picks up a half inch or so too...

awesome look to fill the wheel wells, thats what all the kids are doing to their cars these days. For me it would defeat the purpose, tires would rub and tear off the fenders where I use my truck. The Fords do move a lot more than my Rams and Chevy trucks. I am pretty sure I would not be able to move my skid loader or tractors without the blocks without any body damage.

awesome look to fill the wheel wells, thats what all the kids are doing to their cars these days. For me it would defeat the purpose, tires would rub and tear off the fenders where I use my truck. The Fords do move a lot more than my Rams and Chevy trucks. I am pretty sure I would not be able to move my skid loader or tractors without the blocks without any body damage.

You would be fine with airbags. Similar to what the guy in the video is doing.

Back