Retrax MX Pro/ Ford Factory knock off question

Chanly83

Tremor Fiend
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2022 F-350 6.7 Platinum Atlas Blue
I am looking for someone that has one or the other on their 21/22 truck that has a spray in bedliner. I am looking for the useable depth from the bottom of cover to the highest ridge in the bed. I work in an industry were your cooler lives in the bed of your truck. Right now I have a Pelican 75qt and next season I want to run a ARB or Dometic, preferably dual zone. The right of way is dusty one second then a mud pit the next so I need to be able to shut the cover.

I measure about 20.5 inches.

Edit: 20.5 is probably the absolute max. I'd act as though it's 20 and 1/4 unless you really want to cut it close.

Last edited:
@bananawine thanks for responding to me, with a measurement. I think I will just say 20” is my max. Do you have the Retrax or the Retrax that Ford rebadged?

@Alpoba did you go with the electric version or manual? I am hoping I can add one to my order. Hopefully the discount will also be carried over from the purchase of the truck to the cover.

@Alpoba did you go with the electric version or manual? I am hoping I can add one to my order. Hopefully the discount will also be carried over from the purchase of the truck to the cover.
I went with MX Pro version. That is the only version available with the factory build. I believe you can also get a rebranded XR from ford accessories store, but you cannot get XR with the build from the factory unfortunately.

I went with one of the the under 3% dealers, so the total cost of MX Pro installed came out to 1497$ plus tax.

@Alpoba may I bug you for the location and a build sheet to get the part number correct?
Did you also order the factory bedliner?

The factory spray in bedliner comes as part of the black appearance package on a lariat. I did order that.

There really is only one option for retractible cover from the factory that i could find, attached screenshot.

Attachments

• 12CC101D-E9AE-4330-8FF5-7EA8F73FBA9C.jpeg
    12CC101D-E9AE-4330-8FF5-7EA8F73FBA9C.jpeg
    141.5 KB · Views: 12
  • 0D195B89-75F3-4D8D-B982-5B94E9305764.jpeg
    0D195B89-75F3-4D8D-B982-5B94E9305764.jpeg
    417.2 KB · Views: 13
@Alpoba thanks for the info. Ill ask about adding the cover. I am holding off on the bedliner through ford. There is a local place that does armadillo liner that hopefully I can have them color match the truck.
Can I assume you went through Granger Ford?

Chapman of Pennsylvania. An hour’s drive from me. They too do under invoice on superduties.

As long as you are not getting a black appearance package, bedliner doesnt have to be included in your build. I would have excluded it as i plan on putting a full Bedrug in, which also means that i will most likely have to partially dissemble the retrax to fit it.

Back