[resolved] Turbo Failure - Ford not covering

Was just reading there is a recall now for the trans for this issue. Bunch of guys will be getting a new trans it seems.

Dont think that was my issue, and my build date is 6/20 so way out of the recall range.

Wow, that's unreal to be treated like that. Please keep us updated once you find out more. I sure hope the dealer makes this right, if not I hope Ford does.

Last edited:
Rut roh

"The Tennessee lemon law does not cover...vehicles over 10,000 pounds gross vehicle weight."

Interesting, I never knew that. Just looked up GA and it is the same. Thankfully mine is 10k with the 250 7.3, manufacturers prob gonna start pushing these over 10K GVWR trucks hard now lol.

Following this to see how it turns out should not have been any questions, its a warranty issue!!!!

Following this to see how it turns out should not have been any questions, its a warranty issue!!!!
Like DaveB said, Leave that dealership and bring it to the dealer you bought it. Sounds so SHADY. I'll keep you in my morning prayers. By the way, Beautiful Looking Home and such a great looking truck. Iconic Silver Blacked Out Lariat gotta be turning Heads. It'll all work out my man. Sorry to hear your frustrations. Hang in there. This to shall pass

Like DaveB said, Leave that dealership and bring it to the dealer you bought it. Sounds so SHADY. I'll keep you in my morning prayers. By the way, Beautiful Looking Home and such a great looking truck. Iconic Silver Blacked Out Lariat gotta be turning Heads. It'll all work out my man. Sorry to hear your frustrations. Hang in there. This to shall pass
Of course to CMACK25

Hi all,

I have a 2020 6.7 Tremor with 2K miles and on Tuesday, I had my truck randomly go into "Reduced Power Mode" and the truck barely ran once that happened. I promptly took it to the dealer and today I finally got the diagnosis. I have a damaged turbine and it was damaged by who knows what but I was told it would cost me $7,000 to fix/replace and it wasn't covered under warranty because it "wasn't a manufacturer defect". I was BLOWN AWAY to say the least to hear this. My service adviser was great and fully understood my surprise and frustration. I then called Ford customer care and outlined my issue and asked for help. They were very nice and attentive and offered to call the dealership and subsequently told them to submit a warranty request and see if it gets approved. I've been told we should know something early next week.

I candidly can't believe that I even have to fight for this and wait for a decision. It is a brand new truck and clearly a warranty issue. Its blowing my mind that this wasn't immediately repaired and I am having to argue with them over this. Its not like I cracked open the sealed box and threw rocks in there...something clearly is wrong and now I am helpless and hoping someone approves the request so they can order the parts and schedule a repair or I am screwed.

If that's the case, I will be getting rid of it and making sure people know this story. I am hopeful that Ford will do the right thing and repair it under warranty, and promptly. Meanwhile I will be without my truck for a few weeks while these games are played which is extremely frustrating. I'll let you know how it ends up but just sharing as an FYI as there could be a bigger problem out there.

It's a shame because I loved the truck for the few months I have owned it. I hope that keeps on and I get it back in working order covered under warranty.

View attachment 5515

NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS...

YOU HAVE CASTLE TO GO HOME TO LOL

Feel bad for you bud. You sure shouldn't have to fight over an issue like that.

Insurance won't be necessary. This is a slam dunk for lemon laws and buyback. Ford will warranty the turbo because they don't want to buy an 80k truck back.

Don't be so sure about that. I hear Ford and FCA (RAM) Are the worst when it comes to Lemon per my lemon law attorney. I'm actually still in the Lemon process with my 2019 RAM Limited which was a $75k truck. I had the front air strut go out, 4 injectors went bad, 12" screen still to this day doesn't work right and they refused to replace it and told me to wait for software updates. I started the lemon case end of January and still waiting on my surrender. FCA keeps playing games. Will never buy another RAM for that reason. My friend had a Ford CMAX with minor issues and Ford bought It back with no hesitation.

The Title of this should be "Dealership Refused to send Warranty claim." I would send every claim in no matter what even if I knew for a hard fact the the Manufacture would decline it.

Not something I wanted to read on a new Ford Tremor.....Ford had better step up and get it right.

Last edited:
Still waiting for a decision. Total joke.
Did you make it perfectly clear to your dealer they will only get paid if its under warranty. If it is not you will take it to another dealer.

Did you make it perfectly clear to your dealer they will only get paid if its under warranty. If it is not you will take it to another dealer.
Yep. They are just waiting on “approval” from Ford for warranty work. I don’t get the impression they are against me at the dealer but I could be wrong.

If they so no, they have to give you a reason, as it was something you did or your driving style that caused it. They should have a some evidence to back this up. If you they do deny take it to another dealer and get their thoughts. If worst comes to worst you may need to take it to an independent shop to get all the computer readings and why it did indeed fail.

Good Luck!

Dealers are so very important.....get the wrong one........you get screwed.

Latest: Dealer called me this morning and said they can't do anything under warranty and that was that, sorry. The service advisor actually disagreed with the assessment and was frustrated but said his hands were tied. I called Ford customer service again but they never called me back which is irritating. I then called the dealer where I purchased it and told them the story. They are going to have it towed to them tomorrow and said they would be willing to try to help me out in this situation. I'm not sure what to make of that but I refuse to pay $7,000 for something like this that I had zero control over or influence on. I am hopeful that this dealer will treat me right and take care of it immediately since its already been a week without the truck. I'll update this thread as I have updates and I hope everyone is enjoying their truck more than I am right now!

Back