Silverback
Reaction Points
Military
USN
Current Ride
2021 F-250 6.7 "Silverback"
Current Ride #2
2015 Corvette Z51 "Vettenessa"
I had an extra Riolink Argus 3 Pro home security camera. So, I decided to try it inside the cab of the Tremor. It’s mounted under the center head rest of the rear seat. The camera detects motion, sends a push notification to my phone, sends an image to my email, sounds an alarm and turns on a very bright light. The truck is parked close enough to the house that the wifi connection works. At this time, it’s more of a novelty but who knows it might actually work??‍♂️ This pic is the live view with the night vision camera. It has color night vision too but black and white is fine for now.
3A870A93-0E75-46EE-930B-D370F1B5288B.png

Super neat idea. I’ve been trying to think of a way to deter criminals prior to vehicle entry. But at least this way they might flee after setting off the alarm.
I live in the city and would love some kind of Theft deterrent to prevent my Windows from getting smashed. It’s happened to both my previous truck and my wife’s suv. We never keep any valuables in plain sight either.

Cool idea. Do you have a picture of how you have it situated under the rear headrest?

Cool idea. Do you have a picture of how you have it situated under the rear headrest?
I might not win fabricator of the year but it works. This camera came with a strap to mount the camera to poles or trees. I used it to wrap around the head rest supports.
21ACA99B-6E37-4C5C-8818-3CF3BAA162D7.jpeg

This is the email that is sent to my iPhone.
684F4F68-44AB-45D5-AA84-B9894D916399.jpeg

Was a good idea to put it to use! It's actually a little smaller than I thought. I'm gonna do something similar for sure! Thanks for the photo!

Does that thing make coffee too! Seems like it has a ton of features.
It is a nice camera. It has more features. I can schedule the exact day(s) and time(s) that the camera operates. It is also solar powered. I use the solar panels with the cameras mounted to the house.

It is a nice camera. It has more features. I can schedule the exact day(s) and time(s) that the camera operates. It is also solar powered. I use the solar panels with the cameras mounted to the house.
Do the batteries seem to last a while in the truck?

Do the batteries seem to last a while in the truck?
The batteries on these cameras last a long time. I can easily charge it with the USB charger. It only uses power during a motion event. So, if I schedule it to disable when I leave for work, then the battery could hold for a week if not more. I’ll test it out and see how it goes.

Last edited:
Back