Remote Start, Climate Control and Supplemental Cab Heater

The supp heater will fire up on remote starts. For manual starts like you did it will only kick in if you have the temp dial cranked all the way up. Once the engine temp hits 100 it shuts down regardless.

I saw that too. I need to look at the plug on my 2022 to verify, but I'm sure its 120V. My 2015 was definitely a 120V plug. There was a thread a while ago about somebody using an extension cord to mount in the trim in the hole in the bumper after the winch install. I know it was a normal grounded 120V plug.

Something like this. https://conntekisi.com/15-amp-power-inlet-socket-with-integrated-16inch-cord
Yeah the NoCo plug. I did that myself in about 5 minutes and it looks nice!

The supp heater will fire up on remote starts. For manual starts like you did it will only kick in if you have the temp dial cranked all the way up. Once the engine temp hits 100 it shuts down regardless.
185 not 100.

rapid_heat_criteria_946f86e83c69ea5969ac0959ba208347668795f8.png

Good Info! I never turn mine up to maximum heat though, and it works. I keep the truck set at 70* for the most part. It's funny how this feature has so little info on how it works/how to work it.
im guessing if you remote start, it puts it at maximum for this reason though.

Yea really wish there was a light or something, only say that is being able to confirm it's on and working. I want to do the expedition center stack and no one really been able to confirm losing rapid heat.

Other than that, in the winter I use to leave my excursion plugged in on a battery tender and block heater plugged in 24/7, never knew when I wanted to drive it and the 6.0 can be grumpy in the winter; even when everything works as it should.

You can monitor if the rapid heat is on and working through Forscan or FDRS (I think the Ford tool is FDRS). But otherwise yeah, no indicator.

im guessing if you remote start, it puts it at maximum for this reason though.
Yeah, you’re probably right for remote starts. When driving, I use it and it works at 70*. I normally just hit the chest vent button but when needed I’ll hit the defrost button. Both of them will burn your face off after a few minutes.

Back