Red Zeppelin Build

Can anyone comment on the vinyl shop's reply? Not sure if that's a legit concern for the chrome 'issue' as well as the $300 price?

Do it yourself. You can buy a roll on Amazon for about $10 and you would have enough to redo it ten times. It wouldn't be that hard. A hair dryer, a plastic putty knife and a xacto knife is all you need. Spray some soapy water on handle and apply the vinyl. Use the hair dryer lightly to shape it, press out air bubbles with the putty knife, then trim excess with the knife.

Just received a reply from the vinyl shop I mentioned earlier. I tried to explain the simplicity of the job/persuade them to reconsider and here is their response. Not sure what to think of this?

I spoke with the team and we can do this. However, we cannot warranty the installation. Like mentioned in my previous email, there is a higher risk of failure with vinyl being applied over chrome. This would fall under our project minimum of $300+tax using matte black material.​
Holy smokes, sounds like they really don’t want the business…

You have any shops in mind that could help me?
No, I wish I could help. Sounds like they are really covered up and it’s not worth their time or ???

Maybe I’m out of touch on the subject, but $300 minimum? Can’t be that difficult/time consuming of a job - don’t know if showing them in person would make a difference?

And for $300 that mothergrabber better be guaranteed for life!!!

I'm so torn on whether to keep it OEM or do the red letters 😩
I like the red also, but not sure it looks quite right in the same view with the stock black/grey “6.7L POWER STROKE”.

Now if you could do red on black with those also…

1631661049851.jpeg

I like the red also, but not sure it looks quite right in the same view with the stock black/grey “6.7L POWER STROKE”.

View attachment 33893
Oh yeah your on to something there I like that idea as well

If someone can make high quality 6.7 and powerstroke badges with Rapid Red letters, now we're talking! :D
Got caught up in the tailgate vinyl, I guess I glossed over your comments in reference to these badges - yes, I agree.

What was your source for the blacked out version, and I guess those aren’t available OEM? Mine is Iconic Silver, I’d like a black version as well but don’t want to switch if the quality isn’t the same.

At least the OEM 6.7 Power Stroke is more of a matte grey vs glossy.

If someone can make high quality 6.7 and powerstroke badges with Rapid Red letters, now we're talking! :D
I like the red also, but not sure it looks quite right in the same view with the stock black/grey “6.7L POWER STROKE".

Oh yeah your on to something there I like that idea as well
They make a version of the ones @Tx-Tremor6.7 has (I believe BroncoHooves has the same ones), but with red letters. They probably won't match the Rapid Red, but they do give an idea on how the they would look with red letters - great!
1631661870196.png

1631661893546.png

This seller needs some slightly better pictures. Just saying...

Link for the badges with red!

And the post I got the link from:

Got caught up in the tailgate vinyl, I guess I glossed over your comments in reference to these badges - yes, I agree.

What was your source for the blacked out version, and I guess those aren’t available OEM? Mine is Iconic Silver, I’d like a black version as well but don’t want to switch if the quality isn’t the same.

At least the OEM 6.7 Power Stroke is more of a matte grey vs glossy.
A member here gave them to me. If I don't use them, I will give them to someone else eventually.

And yes, @Regular Cab Duallies posted the red ones made by the same person who does the blacked out ones, which suffer from the same design using vinyl instead of paint for the letters. Not to mention the words, 'Turbo Diesel' aren't done in red either.

They make a version of the ones @Tx-Tremor6.7 has (I believe BroncoHooves has the same ones), but with red letters. They probably won't match the Rapid Red, but they do give an idea on how the they would look with red letters - great!
View attachment 33894
View attachment 33895
This seller needs some slightly better pictures. Just saying...

Link for the badges with red!

And the post I got the link from:
Those are dead sexy! Would those pop on my star white? 🤔 I mean I had to pay 10K to even sport those badges!

Last edited:
I’m in same boat. I want quality black emblems or black with rapid red. Waiting on a quote from tint/wrap shop to wrap the tailgate and chrome strips on power steps and install the new Tremor logo also. Our trucks are going to be similar, lol.

Attachments

• 29718549-9179-4B71-8BE5-883DF061CCB0.jpeg
    29718549-9179-4B71-8BE5-883DF061CCB0.jpeg
    654 KB · Views: 75
I’m thinking maybe debadge the emblems on the door..
Wonder what quality these are… Tremor across the top and if you could get rapid red custom paint for the 125$ custom paint upgrade may be sweet of they don’t look cheap.

Edit***
This may be the not cheapest looking option….

Attachments

• 01EA56CF-726E-404C-BD89-2798D346E16B.png
    01EA56CF-726E-404C-BD89-2798D346E16B.png
    481.3 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Not to muddy up your build thread, but do I understand correctly - black OEM 6.7L Power Stroke door badges are not a factory option, even with the black appearance package?

Frustrating that they offer the F250/F350 but can’t match the door badges.

Not to muddy up your build thread, but do I understand correctly - black OEM 6.7L Power Stroke door badges are not a factory option, even with the black appearance package?

Frustrating that they offer the F250/F350 but can’t match the door badges.
Correct, no factory option available for blacked out engine emblems.

I’m in same boat. I want quality black emblems or black with rapid red. Waiting on a quote from tint/wrap shop to wrap the tailgate and chrome strips on power steps and install the new Tremor logo also. Our trucks are going to be similar, lol.
Most people with the Ford Power Steps simply remove the chrome piece because it is black behind it.

No, I wish I could help. Sounds like they are really covered up and it’s not worth their time or ???

Maybe I’m out of touch on the subject, but $300 minimum? Can’t be that difficult/time consuming of a job - don’t know if showing them in person would make a difference?

And for $300 that mothergrabber better be guaranteed for life!!!
As a quick comparison, I had my full roof (no moon roof), stinger hood, both b-pillars and the tailgate handle wrapped for $895 from Signville in Spring TX. (north of Houston) I agree a small company needs to charge some kind of a minimum, but $300 for a 12”x1” piece of vinyl is excessive. $50-100 would be reasonable.

As others have said, if you do not want to do any extra vinyl wrapping on your truck, it will be cheaper to buy a matte black piece of vinyl and just do it yourself. You will have plenty of left over if you make a mistake and the piece is so small it will not be too hard to get it right.

Back