Red Zeppelin Build

One man's opinion: It looks too much like a black bar to me. From some distance away even the F350 (or F250 depending on the particular model) in the vent looks just like a blob of black. I do like the black background, but would prefer some degree of contrast in the lettering so it was still readable from afar.
Yup, you think the same way I do. At least the upper fender emblems/vent is a higher quality contrast. I kinda wish 'Lariat' and F350 were done in Rapid Red.

@Modman Something like this would be beautiful:

S99C3bG.jpg

You remove, or move the cargo fore or aft to solve the problem. (y)
I have one of these and have for a few years. Besides moving cargo if it is a boat or something that you cant change a lot of cargo around you raise or lower the ball to adjust to get the desired outcome. Done it many times.

Just received a reply from the vinyl shop I mentioned earlier. I tried to explain the simplicity of the job/persuade them to reconsider and here is their response. Not sure what to think of this?

I spoke with the team and we can do this. However, we cannot warranty the installation. Like mentioned in my previous email, there is a higher risk of failure with vinyl being applied over chrome. This would fall under our project minimum of $300+tax using matte black material.​

If someone can make high quality 6.7 and powerstroke badges with Rapid Red letters, now we're talking! :D
@Billet Badges can! You'll pay for it, but from everything I've seen/read here on the forum they are incredibly high quality. I have some 7.3L Godzilla badges from them on order right now. They're in production.

@Billet Badges can! You'll pay for it, but from everything I've seen/read here on the forum they are incredibly high quality. I have some 7.3L Godzilla badges from them on order right now. They're in production.

I just want the OEM ones changed with high quality paint that won't come off. Not looking for a one off machined piece.

Can anyone comment on the vinyl shop's reply? Not sure if that's a legit concern for the chrome 'issue' as well as the $300 price?

Last edited:
Can anyone comment on the vinyl shop's reply? Not sure if that's a legit concern for the chrome 'issue' as well as the $300 price?

Honest consideration having never applied vinyl before: try doing it yourself. Seems like there's very little downside to trying since it can just be removed, and the videos I've seen make it look pretty easy.

I'm probably going to try blacking out that chrome strip myself.

Latest Discussions

Back