Red Zeppelin Build

Anybody know where I can get black Ford emblems for the front grill and tailgate? (going for zero chrome look)

The aftermarket seems to only make them up to the '19 model year.

Would love something like this, but for '22 model year:

ebr2LVF.png
Youtube has some videos of people taking these apart & painting. It is on my list along with the Side Badges, but haven't got around to it.

The gift that keeps on giving! Heard and found another loose rivet remnant floating around in the same right rear door that I previously pulled one out of. That makes two now for that door alone. 😐

1kw0Gtt.jpg

Got the truck back from being painted (from the scratch saga). I had them paint an extra passenger handle while they were at it so I can finish my Jimmi Jammer install in the driver door (with the passenger handle).

Got the truck back from being painted (from the scratch saga). I had them paint an extra passenger handle while they were at it so I can finish my Jimmi Jammer install in the driver door (with the passenger handle).
Glad to hear you have it back! Did they do a good job, and the saga is finally over?

Glad to hear you have it back! Did they do a good job, and the saga is finally over?
They did a much better job than the dealer did. It’s over 😁. I hope I have better luck in the Ford truck lottery for when the redesign comes out. Need that hamburger holder flat center console. 🤞

Last edited:
They did a mutch better job than the dealer did. It’s over 😁. I hope I have better luck in the Ford truck lottery for when the redesign comes out. Need that hamburger holder flat center console. 🤞
Yay! Glad to hear it’s over!! 🎉🎉

You doing Jimmi Jammers too?
It’s on my list, and already have them, but going to figure out a power solution First so I can give the truck power if the battery ever runs dead.

Means not only running the power leads, but also hiding a source of power somewhere that’s accessible when the truck is locked.

You doing Jimmi Jammers too?
It’s on my list, and already have them, but going to figure out a power solution First so I can give the truck power if the battery ever runs dead.

Means not only running the power leads, but also hiding a source of power somewhere that’s accessible when the truck is locked.
I have a solution in mind already for that, however you’d still need someone with jumper cables. Can explain more if you’d like.

I have a solution in mind already for that, however you’d still need someone with jumper cables. Can explain more if you’d like.
If it’s the Anderson plug, then that’s my current thinking as well. But I want to eliminate the need for another vehicle. So I need to hide a jumper pack most likely.

If it’s the Anderson plug, then that’s my current thinking as well. But I want to eliminate the need for another vehicle. So I need to hide a jumper pack most likely.
I thought about building/hiding a battery in the receiver tube at the back. (The one where we put the McMaster end caps/plugs on)

I thought about building/hiding a battery in the receiver tube at the back. (The one where we put the McMaster end caps/plugs on)
That’s an interesting idea! Though guess that would mean you’re without it when towing?

Is this to protect for a situation where you keep your keys/fob in your truck (hiking, hunting, etc) and the battery runs out of juice for whatever reason?

If so, I wonder if you could get a spare key cut just to unlock your door and keep that hidden somewhere on the outside of the vehicle. Then you can keep a jumpstart battery inside the cab and have access to the hood.

Is this to protect for a situation where you keep your keys/fob in your truck (hiking, hunting, etc) and the battery runs out of juice for whatever reason?

If so, I wonder if you could get a spare key cut just to unlock your door and keep that hidden somewhere on the outside of the vehicle. Then you can keep a jumpstart battery inside the cab and have access to the hood.
Nope, this is for after installing the Jimmi Jammer and, in the process, removing the keyhole and manual door lock. The key hole is apparently super easy to break into.

Once the key hole is gone, the only way to get into the truck when the battery is dead is give power to the truck so the proximity sensor works.

Nope, this is for after installing the Jimmi Jammer and, in the process, removing the keyhole and manual door lock. The key hole is apparently super easy to break into.

Once the key hole is gone, the only way to get into the truck when the battery is dead is give power to the truck so the proximity sensor works.
Got it! Thanks for the added explanation!

Something like this would be pretty slick for our spares... not at this price though:

Cover2_grande.jpeg
Sparewheelcoverlockablecompartmentwithbackplate_grande.jpg

Something like this would be pretty slick for our spares... not at this price though:

Cover2_grande.jpeg
Sparewheelcoverlockablecompartmentwithbackplate_grande.jpg
That would be slick! Price should come down greatly if made for non-Mercedes vehicles. :p

Back