modified

Admin
Staff member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 Diesel Tremor
Current Ride #2
2021 Bronco
What’s everyone using for receiver hitches?

I have a 2" B&W from my old truck... it was not even close to fitting in the new truck. My 6.7 tremor came with a 3" hitch and a reducer installed to take it down to 2-1/2" so I got on amazon and ordered another reducer that took it from 2-1/2 down to 2". I will eventually replace it with a new B&W 3" hitch but need to buy a gooseneck hitch and a retractable bedcover right now so ill worry about the 3" conventional at a later date.

For ball mount receiver hitches I've used the crappy Reese and Drawtite drop hitches in the past. Paint always seems to flake off and then they rust and bind in the receiver. I was thinking about the aluminum ones that Anderson makes since they won't rust and are fairly light for their size. They also have greaseless low friction ball options. Also considering the ones made by Bulletproof. The bulletproof hitches are steel with a solid shank so they're really heavy but look "bulletproof" as the name implies.

Last edited:

I've been looking at the Shocker hitches. Interesting theory, makes sense. Creates a shock buffer between the truck and trailer.

This one looks cool. I like that the ball can be locked/non removable like my B&W

That Gen-Y hitch is getting on up there in price :oops:

I had these for my lighter trailers and will use the adaptor to size it down. Probably will get a larger pintle receiver
IMG_4383.jpeg
IMG_4383.jpegIMG_4384.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4383.jpeg
    IMG_4383.jpeg
    331.4 KB · Views: 120
My 7.3L has a 2 1/2" receiver. I used a 2" x 2 1/2" reducer and my old stuff works.

New to the forum but wanted to throw in my 2 cents because I love my setup on soon to be old rig. This is a Fastway 2.5 with a 10” drop. Only thing I wish it it had was the capability to flip like the B&W.

Attachments

• 6CE5FDC3-103B-45A7-9C11-576C40B8385A.jpeg
    6CE5FDC3-103B-45A7-9C11-576C40B8385A.jpeg
    103.6 KB · Views: 568
Bulletproof hitches 3” extreme 8” drop hitch, clears the tailgate from the electric jack and levels the truck at the same time
image.jpg

That's cool man, but that bed cover looks bad A$$!!

That's cool man, but that bed cover looks bad A$$!!
Thanks, I use to hate having to unhook my trailer just to lower the tailgate. Now I have plenty of clearance with this hitch to still easily load and unload stuff out of the bed with the trailer still hooked up.

D90B69FF-8D33-4718-8BFC-D2DF3733F2CA.jpeg

@SUPERCrew asked about receiver play. Here’s a quick but crappy video I shot this morning showing the amount of play between the shank and receiver on my b&w tow and stow.

So just confirming that the F250 7.3 has a 2 1/2 inch receiver? Also, anyone know what the max tongue weight for the factory receiver hitch is?

So just confirming that the F250 7.3 has a 2 1/2 inch receiver? Also, anyone know what the max tongue weight for the factory receiver hitch is?
So you are saying the F250 has 2 1/2" receiver and the F350 has 3" ????

Back