Receiver height

DMac

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2022 Tremor
Greetings:

I would like to ask a favor of one of ya'all lucky bastards that already have your Tremor.

Could you take a tape and measure form the ground to the bottom of the receiver and post it up? I am trying to see what the height difference is to compare to my 150 so I can adjust the ball accordingly. Assuming, of course, that I ever get my truck.

Thanks!

That is awesome because I am currently at 18" and I have that much adjustability left on my hitch!

Thanks for the assist.

For adjustment, alot really depends on what you are towing. Also take into consideration that your F150 has a 2" receiver, and a 250(7.3 gas 250) has a 2.5" and the PSD's all have 3" receivers. Using a sleeve reduces some of your towing capacities. In my case, my previous vehicle was a gen1 raptor(2" receiver) and I had a bw 5in drop hitch for my trailer. With my 7.3 tremor, I needed to get a 2.5" bw with a 9" drop, just to maintain a level trailer track. Here's a video that found that had useful info as to which type of drop hitch that I needed to get. Depending on which type of tremor that you get, your mileage may very. Hope this helps. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LMMcsysApQ

For adjustment, alot really depends on what you are towing. Also take into consideration that your F150 has a 2" receiver, and a 250(7.3 gas 250) has a 2.5" and the PSD's all have 3" receivers. Using a sleeve reduces some of your towing capacities. In my case, my previous vehicle was a gen1 raptor(2" receiver) and I had a bw 5in drop hitch for my trailer. With my 7.3 tremor, I needed to get a 2.5" bw with a 9" drop, just to maintain a level trailer track. Here's a video that found that had useful info as to which type of drop hitch that I needed to get. Depending on which type of tremor that you get, your mileage may very. Hope this helps. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LMMcsysApQ
Another great share that makes the topic easy to understand. ?

Back