Receiver height

DMac

Tremor Fan
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2022 Tremor
Greetings:

I would like to ask a favor of one of ya'all lucky bastards that already have your Tremor.

Could you take a tape and measure form the ground to the bottom of the receiver and post it up? I am trying to see what the height difference is to compare to my 150 so I can adjust the ball accordingly. Assuming, of course, that I ever get my truck.

Thanks!

kmtweb

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 Alumiduty 7.3
For adjustment, alot really depends on what you are towing. Also take into consideration that your F150 has a 2" receiver, and a 250(7.3 gas 250) has a 2.5" and the PSD's all have 3" receivers. Using a sleeve reduces some of your towing capacities. In my case, my previous vehicle was a gen1 raptor(2" receiver) and I had a bw 5in drop hitch for my trailer. With my 7.3 tremor, I needed to get a 2.5" bw with a 9" drop, just to maintain a level trailer track. Here's a video that found that had useful info as to which type of drop hitch that I needed to get. Depending on which type of tremor that you get, your mileage may very. Hope this helps. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LMMcsysApQ

RedZilla

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
21 F350 King Ranch Tremor - Big Red (RedZilla) Rapid Red/Stone Gray
Current Ride #2
05 F150 Lariat - Ol' Red
For adjustment, alot really depends on what you are towing. Also take into consideration that your F150 has a 2" receiver, and a 250(7.3 gas 250) has a 2.5" and the PSD's all have 3" receivers. Using a sleeve reduces some of your towing capacities. In my case, my previous vehicle was a gen1 raptor(2" receiver) and I had a bw 5in drop hitch for my trailer. With my 7.3 tremor, I needed to get a 2.5" bw with a 9" drop, just to maintain a level trailer track. Here's a video that found that had useful info as to which type of drop hitch that I needed to get. Depending on which type of tremor that you get, your mileage may very. Hope this helps. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LMMcsysApQ
Another great share that makes the topic easy to understand. ?

Ford Tremor Supporting Member Badge